Hepatitis C is a disease that many people have to live with for years. Even with the newly discovered treatment, some people still choose to forgo therapy due to high prices of medications. We have prepared a list of things every Hepatitis C patient can do to help himself or herself.
The best way to get rid of Hepatitis C is of course to get the treatment with DAAs
such as sofosbuvir, ledipasvir, daclatasvir and ribavirin. FixHep C Buyers Club offers these treatments for less than $2,000, with a kind help of Dr. Freeman; the original price of these medications can cost up to $100,000.
Here are some ideas how to help yourself if you are suffering from Hepatitis C.
18 Ways To Cope With Hepatitis C
- Join a support group. Talking to other people about the same problems is a very effective method to cope with any disease. Many HIV, addicts, alcoholics and so on are finding it as a means of acceptance, and Hepatitis C patients are recommended to find local Hepatitis C meetings and attend them.
- Stay away from alcohol, tobacco, excess caffeine and illicit drugs. If you can’t quit, cut back or ask for help.
- Keep your vaccinations current. Be immunized against hepatitis A and B.
- Aim for 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night.
- Strive to be as physically active as you can be on a regular basis. There are many choices, such as walking, bicycling, gardening, dancing, swimming, stretching, Yoga, Tai Chi or strength training. Just keep moving.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat a low fat, high fiber diet. Include fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. Avoid trans-fatty acids and saturated fats.
- Balance rest and activity.
- Cultivate a positive attitude.
- Avoid or reduce stress.
- Engage in activities that give you pleasure and make you laugh.
- Choose activities that stimulate your brain.
- Engage your spirit in meaningful ways, such as meditation, a walk in the woods, prayer.
- Learn to laugh at yourself.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Maintain friendships and social contacts.
- Help others. Volunteer your time.
- Remind yourself of the things in your life to be grateful for or that you appreciate.
Picking some things from this list might help you to keep a positive outlook as well as keeping your body healthy.