Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

US Importation .... Legal or Not 8 years 3 weeks ago #12339

Happy for you.
I am just trying to do my little bit.
Maybe, is some small way, I am trying to make up for Gilead and the way they have tried to hold the world for ransom.
I am ashamed of this being allowed to happen in the United States of America.
What have we become??
M
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches

US Importation .... Legal or Not 8 years 3 weeks ago #12361

Great news! USA importation still has a green light!

Time for some Friday night fear mongering! :cheer:

If you are in USA, and reading this, the time to get your meds is now!

TPP agreement is coming close to being ratified in US, who knows if you will still be able to have generic meds shipped here. Can you afford the expense of travelling overseas to get them? Act now!
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Fara

US Importation .... Legal or Not 8 years 1 week ago #12981

I am afraid the generic importations will be problematic no matter who wins the "big job" in November. The Democrats favor the TPP and the Republicans want to stop sending jobs overseas. One swipe of a presidential pen and both Customs and the FDA could slam the door tighter than Dick's hat band.
Get your medicine folks.
M
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenbasman, splitdog, Greedfighter, Fara, Defeat10

US Importation .... Legal or Not 8 years 1 week ago #13096

Damn accurate and good advice!!

Genotype 3
VL 4,100,000
ALT 101 AST 71
Treatment Naive
Started Sof/Dac Jan 12, 2016
VL= <15 4 weeks in. AST/ALT normal.
VL=UNDETECTED 8 weeks in.
SVR4= Virus back. 3,300,000

Started generic Epclusa Sep. 23, 2017

4 weeks in <15 *Detected.
12 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.
16 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.
Finished 24 weeks treatment 3-17-18
SVR5 <15 Not Detected.
SVR 20 <15 Not Detected.
SVR 44 <15 Not Detected.

Thank you Jesus.
Thank you Dr. James
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, mgalbrai, Greedfighter, Fara, fitz

US Importation .... Legal or Not 7 years 8 months ago #18871

Below is an email I received yesterday from a very excited new REDEMTPTION participant in the US, along with my rather windy reply. It took 12 emails and 40 days to get from the starting gate to this point in the process. It took about that long before I decided generics were OK. The same seems to hold true for most of the people I have helped. Magic number I guess...but for every one who decides to take generics, two just can't overcome the ingrained perception that imported generic medication is not safe, effective and legal.
In baseball, that would be a great batting average: .333.
In this situation, not so good....

Hi Mike
Well my meds are in NY customs, I'm very enthusiastic. I can't believe this was so available it is hard to believe that many are not getting treated due to not knowing.
I have a question, I started supplements quite some time ago should this be discontinued upon starting Harvoni. They are the basic milk thistle, liver cleanse etc.. I will still take alpha lipoid acid and selenium , as the body is depleted of those from the HCV, but the rest?
Thanks Mike very much.
xxxxx

Hi,
Yeah, its crazy. Mainly, its just ignorance. I teach school. I see brilliant kids everyday, but most of them are ignorant as hell about most things. I know, I am, but thats why I enjoy such great job security. Ignorance is running rampant. Always has. Always will. I have just cured you of a bit of your ignorance. That's it. The big deal is, a teacher can't make a student learn. The secret to being a great teacher knowing how to make boring crap interesting and far fetched information sound reasonable.
I just taught you a successful lesson in, say, Health...

I was taking all those things you mentioned and credit them and a good diet with keeping the HCV in check the past few years. Quit taking everything but the pills that are absolutely necessary, like blood pressure meds. If you take antacids, wait at least 4 hours after your DAA dose. Some people HAVE to have their Pepcid or Prilosec. I did until I cut out the alcohol and started eating an almost vegan diet. Many people dose at night for that very reason. I took mine with my morning coffee-a very acidic drink.
I wanted to feel the virus being obliterated.
All I felt was a dull headache for three days...
The vast majority of the virus will be gone after the first week,
Tell someone you know that is sick with HCV about generics. It would be a lot easier to get the word out, but HCV is not a very public disease. You don't see many HCV support groups meeting like the AA does. I would be a lot easier to spread the word if they did.
Get well,
Happy for you.
m

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Gaj, beaches, Fara, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz, Sven, Murr

US Importation .... Legal or Not 7 years 8 months ago #18873

That was awesome Mike ... and yet, a bit sad, when you think about the lack of knowledge out there concerning generics.
All the same, the message is growing and even if only a relative few are taking advantage of this marvelous opportunity ... well that's a few more lives saved. We have this site and advocates like yourself to thank for that. I feel for the degree of discouragement that happens to those like yourself in the scholastic world. I applaud you for your steadfast determination to help those who want it, while at the same time not abandoning those who don't value it as they should. I was one of those who didn't while still young and foolish ... as they say, "Hindsight is always 20-20" and "If I only knew then what I know now". :P
Mike, my friend, it's good to acknowledge failure, but doubly good to recognize success. Take it where you can brother. You have plenty of it here. :)

MK

P.S. I'm PM'ing you on a personal matter as well ..
GT1a; Got it some time in the 70's; Diagnosed @1976
Tx naive
METAVIR: A2-F2
SOT May 18, 2016: CMP: AST 162 ALT 241 VL 13000000
3 weeks after SOT: AST 27 ALT 31 VL 138
Reached EOT Aug. 10, 2016 / Received svr4 results Sept. 20, 2016: AST 22 ALT 24
Hep C RNA "NOT DETECTED"
AS OF 3/20/2017 ,Hep C RNA PCR "NOT DETECTED" THAT'S SVR24!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Fara, fitz, Sven

US Importation .. Legal or Not ? How to Proceed. 7 years 5 months ago #21986

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
Legal US Importation of lifesaving generic clones of Harvoni, Sovaldi, Daklinza, and Epclusa is currently possible. And for many, it is actually affordable as well.

Save your own life. The answers are all right here on this very site.

fixhepc.com/getting-treated/how-to-do-it...ort-regulations.html

Thanks to Mike G. for helping me find my way here. You are the very best, brother!
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Gaj, Greedfighter, Fara, rohcvfighter

US Importation .... Legal or Not 7 years 5 months ago #22012

I researched this topic.

Importation of these meds from overseas is allowed by customs. Actually, Canadian pharmacies routinely ship millions of prescriptions a year into USA, drugs like cancer medications or for other chronic conditions, saving many patients a great deal of money. The only restriction at present is opiates like Percocet or Vicodin.
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Fara, fitz
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC