Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Castor oil packs 7 years 1 month ago #23910

• Grateful1
  • Grateful1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12
I know I read others talking about this but my brain lost the thread. It happens :P they have been very helpful in relieving inflamation and after reading more on the subject, it seems, in theory, they can attack the meds. I read before starting tx so haven't used them while doing tx. Work sometimes 10-12 hr shifts and am missing the benefits of the oil pacts. Will wait for answer before using. Thank you.
They help your body make T-cells that attack inflamation causing baddies. My husband tried them after seeing the difference it made for me,(swelling and pain in side from hcv). He was impressed but not convinced. After a few weeks his knee was hurting again, but he thought it was jus the heating pad that was helping. So we tried just the heating pad. He called me at lunch next day and said he needed the oil. Hehe. He doesn't come home and gobble ibupropin, aspirin or any other anti-inflamitories..that makes me happy.

Castor oil packs 7 years 1 month ago #23911

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
In terms of hard core scientific evidence the jury is out. More accurately I'm not sure there is even a jury, as in a decent size well controlled trial.

Anyway if it works for your husband's pain use it.

There is no doubt it has an active ingredient (taken orally it causes diarrhoea) so given it is an oil, and with the application of heat at least a small quantity will get into your system.

As for what that might do. If you have a look at this:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19041719/

There is literature showing castor oil inhibits cytochrome P450 3A which is otherwise know as CYPD3A and the CYPD3A4 variant metabolises daclatasvir so inhibiting it with castor oil might theoretically cause higher daclatasvir levels.

That is mega speculative but possibly as good a guess as you will find.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grateful1

Castor oil packs 7 years 1 month ago #23913

• Grateful1
  • Grateful1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12
Thank you for your quick response. :) I will wait til after tx. Don't want to mess this up. Never even thought about it doing that. Knowledge is power, and thank you for sharing and caring about all of us. I bow to you dear Sir.
Since it helps the lymph system, would that mean it would help flush out dead virus after tx?

Castor oil packs 7 years 1 month ago #23918

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263

Since it helps the lymph system, would that mean it would help flush out dead virus after tx?

The virus is not really alive in any real sense and it's duplication and assembly is interrupted by the drugs. It then basically falls to pieces (it's actually already in pieces in the cell) and gets recycled by normal intracellular recycling processes. In other words it does not get flushed out, it gets recycled into more useful bits of you.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fara, Grateful1, Mnem
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC