Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 9 months ago #18795

• DrJames
  • DrJames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir are BCS class I drugs. What that means is that they are highly soluble in water and get into the body easily.

Ledipasvir, Velpatasvir and Simeprevir are all essentially insoluble BCS class II drugs. This does not make them unusable (70% of all our drugs are like this) but it does mean there is more too it than simply ingesting them.

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1818087614000348

One technique to make insoluble drugs dissolve and get into the body is to change them. With simeprevir it is made into a sodium salt to aid solubility, however with simeprevir there is another issue: related substance C. This report is partially redacted but what you can see is that the originator had to apply for an exemption to allow more than the usual maximum quantity of impurity to be present and furthermore that this impurity is known to be toxic.

www.pmda.go.jp/files/000153596.pdf

With ledipasvir and velpatasvir they need to effectively be ground extremely finely so that there is a very large surface area to dissolve. There are a variety of ways to achieve this goal, but nevertheless it must be done. Micron size grinding - to 1 um is one approach and as you may have read from the article above there are many others. The goal is to make the API as small as possible. We used micronisation and the SVR rates we've seen provide reassurance that has been effective.

I have it on good authority that generic Sof+Vel will be available within 30 days so suggest anyone contemplating its use get something that has been formulated by experts - in other words don't try this particular trick at home.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Gaj, beaches, J. Eugene, Meg, fitz, jlopilato

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 9 months ago #18806

Hmmm ... so I'm guessing somebody in Bangladesh is about to win a race to market again. My money is on Incepta.

Edit: I asked this on another thread, but it actually belongs here ....

Is the compounding process for Velpatasvir something which can be done by any compounding chemist, i.e., Kingswood?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meg, fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 9 months ago #18809

So.....
Does Mesochem ledipasvir need to be ground or has it been chemically altered to allow absorbtion as purchased?
I really, really hope its the latter....
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meg, fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 9 months ago #18818

One of the leading generic manufactures in India has an internal meeting July 17th on Velpatasvir. This will go through similar process as Sof and Sof+Led

1. Extensive licensing with patenting company(already done). Estimated number of companies to sell the licensed product is 11
2. Drug Controller General of India(DCGI) approval.

Current estimates are its going to take longer than 1 month.

We will know more post the July 17th meeting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, LondonGirl, beaches, Fara, Meg, fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 9 months ago #18827

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Solubility is relative. Compared to Velpatasvir Ledipasvir is soluble enough under acid conditions to have a lot more wiggle room and real world SVR rates of 93.4% overall are solidly in line with expectations.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Fara, Meg, fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 9 months ago #18833

Regarding simeprevir ..

It is my understanding that Janssen uses simeprevir sodium in their branded Olysio, Sovriad and Galexos capsules. The simeprevir API currently available from China is not the sodium salt and therefor of questionable use.

The linked disclosure of a cardiotoxic impurity (Related Substance C) present in the simeprevir manufacturing process poses a greater complexity.

From my reading - Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) has been seeing a substantial decrease in demand for this medicine. Aside from the recommended use in retreatment - is there a market for simeprevir based medicines sufficient to warrant the development of a generic ??

Certainly J&J has studied this ad nauseam - curious to know what folks here are seeing in the real world.

J

PS: Note that simeprevir (Olysio) is part of my upcoming retreatment plan. Current retail price here in the States is $22,500 USD for 28 capsules (150 mg). 24 weeks makes for $135,000 for this component alone. Outrageous ..
GT 1a (~1968)
Diagnosed Non A/B ’85 – HCV ‘89
Rebetron INF/RBV 17 months 2000 – Failure
Infergen INF/RBV 11 months 2002 – Failure
Viekira Pak + RBV 12 weeks 2015 – Failure
VL Und at +3 weeks > EOT – EOT+12 weeks 2,240k
Resistance Tests – NS5a Q30R
SMV/DCV/SOF + RBV 24 weeks 2016
VL Det <15 +2 and +4 weeks – Und +8 weeks > EOT
SVR4, SVR12 and SVR24 Undetected
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Fara, Meg, fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 9 months ago #18841

It is outrageous!
And yes, the Mesochem simeprevir is not absorbable.
m
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Fara, fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 7 months ago #21608

Hello!
Could someone possibly share information regarding the India launch and what's the state of affairs? :)
Gen 1b
VL pre treatment 29000 ME/ml
AST 32 ALT 94, F0
Started treatment 13 January 2017
Generic sofosbuvir/velpatasvir (Incepta)
VL 9 days into treatment <300 (undetected)
AST 13.8 ALT 22
Side effects: mild dehydration, not a problem at all if I drink water at night, nothing to worry about
Diet and gastric ph are very important with velpatasvir. One must think what and when to eat to keep gastric pH low. Side effects disappeared 2 weeks after, unless I ate anything < 4hrs before the pill. SVR60.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 7 months ago #21624

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's really anyones guess:

www.fiercepharma.com/pharma-asia/hcv-dru...irms-to-make-epclusa

Accelerated stability testing and then DCGI approval both need to be navigated before it hits the market. There may be other contractural restrictions that are delaying it. There was not a lot of logical reason for the > 6 month delay between generic Sovaldi and generic Harvoni (given both had been FDA approved, tech transfer done, etc.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 6 months ago #21767

MonkMed wrote: One of the leading generic manufactures in India has an internal meeting July 17th on Velpatasvir. This will go through similar process as Sof and Sof+Led

1. Extensive licensing with patenting company(already done). Estimated number of companies to sell the licensed product is 11
2. Drug Controller General of India(DCGI) approval.

Current estimates are its going to take longer than 1 month.

We will know more post the July 17th meeting.

Can anyone update me about Velpatasvir's availability? Did a search on this site but if this info is there, I did not find it.

Just curious mind you.

J.
GT3a 1990 Failed Inter 1998, comb in 2000. HCC 2012
Started 24/52 Sof/Dac 27th October 2015.
1. Bloods 2 October 2015: AST - 165 (20-40), ALT - 265 (5-40), GGT 189 (5-50)
2, Bloods 20 November 2015: ALT etc normal; VL 19
3. Bloods 8 January 2016: AST - 40, ALT - 59, GGT 48 VL RNA UND
4. EOT 12 April 2016 - blood tests: all is well, CT scan: okay
5. AFP 11 June 2016: 4 ref< 11
6. VL July 2016: DET
7. Oct16 start treat - June17 UND
8. Jun 18, lfts okay, platelets a bit low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, fitz

Velpatasvir is not suitable for home compounding from API 7 years 6 months ago #21772

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Currently only Beacon and Incepta in Bangladesh have a generic.

Indian Sof+Vel will appear but it will be here when it's here. The DCGI stage can take a while.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, sabrecat, fitz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC