Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21291

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The life you save will be your own. START TREATMENT
  • Thank you received: 2254
It's great when you can spread the message isn't it.
A good friend of mine was very bummed about a good friend of hers in the US that was unable get his insurance to pay for his treatment and I was able to tell her that there is a way and give her the good information. #flower #flower #flower #flower
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed in 2004, had HCV for all my adult life. Until 2016!!!!
Harvoni treatment, started 19 March 2016
4 week results Bilirubin 12 down from 14 pre treatment,
Gamma 25 down from 52, ALT 19 down from 63, AST 19 down from 47,
VL <15 down from a lazy 6 million or so

EOT Results
Bilirubin 10, GGT 18, ALT 19, AST 21, VL UND

12 Weeks post EOT
Bilirubin 11, GGT 16, ALT 22, AST 20, VL UND
Cured baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel, Fara, cheese

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21326

• rohcvfighter
  • rohcvfighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Recently I spotted couple of Romanian doctors who gave positive answers about the generic HCV drugs when they were asked on online platforms whether such medication is effective. Even though their answers were quite short and sharp (i.e. "YES" or "it worked well on my patients"), there is an obvious fact to mention here: there are more and more doctors AWARE that the generic HCV medication does work.
It would have been a clear "suicide" for these doctors to claim that generic drugs are not working (especially that so many people confess about being cured with generic drugs), but at the same time, it might have been also a "suicide" for them to openly advertise about the generic drugs (as long as the generic drugs are not approved to be used in the country).

So, this leads to the following idea:
1. If YOU (yes, you, the reader of this post) are new on this forum and still have doubts (which is completely understandable) about the generic HCV drugs mentioned on this forum, why aren't you looking for an online forum or blog where the doctors use to answer to the questions the patients are asking, place your question about the HCV generic medication and see what the doctor will tell you.
You may ask something like "Hi, I am thinking to cure my HCV with generic medication, yet i would like to know whether these drugs are safe and/or effective?"

2. If YOU (yes, you, the reader of this post) are already familiar with this forum (or even better, got treated with generic HCV medication) would like to help someone, why not doing a 5-10 minutes search to find a forum where someone is asking a doctor about the generic HCV medication and see whether you may provide some useful information (like the ILC Press Release from Barcelona 2016 or the article written by dr. Freeman and dr. Hill about the usage of HCV generic medication) and see whether a doctor will notice the information and hopefully will leave a reply. In this way you might help the patient by providing a couple of relevant information and ....who knows, maybe for that doctor it will be some interesting study material.

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, pat1, beaches, isaing4

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21335

How about sending this video to doctors (other HepC forums). Dr. Afdhal agrees that generics works well!
"Dr. Afdhal is currently working on issues of global access and education for HCV in the developing world".

Nishkama Karma
Cùng nhau loại bỏ Viêm gan C trên khắp thế giới!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Vororo, pat1, Ariel, rohcvfighter, fitz

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21345

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Hieu,

thank you for sharing this video.
Seeing that the video was filmed within the TEDx format and looking at the TEDx rules (see below) , triggered me another idea: how would it be if "someone" could make a TEDx film to explain the idea of the Buyers Club supporting people to access the generic medication for HCV.
TEDx videos seem to be quite attractive for many people.
A TEDx video about HCV generic drugs would imply no commercial / marketing for the generic producers, rather it would focus on the idea of accessing the HCV generics by highlighting key facts that:
- HCV generics work;
- Art 60 from Trips allows the importation for personal usage in many countries from the world;
- the Buyers Club is intended to support patients to import the drugs;
- raise awareness about the importance of the supply chain (.... which for some looks like a kind of scarecrow)....

Presenting such information would be extremely relevant for the HCV patients (who desire mostly to get treated and perhaps not in the same extent to argue about or fight with current Big Pharma's practices) and aligned with the spirit of TEDx, which has the following rules:
What is a TEDx event?
Imagine a day filled with brilliant speakers, thought-provoking video and mind-blowing conversation. By organizing a TEDx event, you can create a unique gathering in your community that will unleash new ideas, inspire and inform.
TEDx event is a local gathering where live TED-like talks and videos previously recorded at TED conferences are shared with the community. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis. The content and design of each TEDx event is unique and developed independently, but all of them have features in common.
TED's format
A suite of short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations and performances that are idea-focused, and cover a wide range of subjects to foster learning, inspiration and wonder – and provoke conversations that matter.
TED Talk videos
Every TEDx event either shows only TED Talk videos to its audience, or shows both TED Talk videos and live speakers from the community. For events less than half a day in length, two TED Talks videos are required to be shown. For longer events, 25% of the total number of talks must be official TED Talk videos. All TED Talk videos can be found on TED.com.
Diversity of topics
All TEDx events present multiple issues and a diversity of voices from many disciplines. After all, what’s the fun without a little variety?
Community-driven and bias-free content
TEDx event is organized by volunteers from the local community, and just like TED events, it lacks any commercial, religious or political agenda. Its goal is to spark conversation, connection and community.
What a TEDx event is not:
- TEDx event isn’t an industry or marketing conference. It isn’t limited to one topic or field. It isn’t used to sell something.
- TEDx event is not organized by or for special-interest political, religious or commercial groups.
- TEDx event cannot be used to raise money, not even for a charity.
- TEDx event cannot partner with another conference or event.
- TEDx event can’t be co-branded with an institution except under specific license types – for a college or university, or for internal events (for corporations and organizations).
- TEDx event is not a platform for professional speakers, such as motivational speakers and professional life coaches. Its purpose is to give a platform to those who don’t often have one.
- TEDx event is not focused solely on entrepreneurship, business or technology. Diversity of topics is key!
(see more about TEDx rules on www.ted.com/participate/organize-a-local...what-is-a-tedx-event )

Such an idea would however require to have a good presenter .... .

In case anyone thinks this idea sounds pretty good to give it a chance, perhaps we may continue to think on it.

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, pat1, beaches, Hieupham

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21346

Hi RHF,

Very good idea. Thank you :)
Must find the "PRESENTER"

Cheers

HP
Nishkama Karma
Cùng nhau loại bỏ Viêm gan C trên khắp thế giới!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rohcvfighter, fitz

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21347

This presenter missed the critical point.

The pharma companies are going to keep their patents in place in the first world countries. I applaud protests, appeals. etc. But I doubt that it will accomplish anything. The message that needs to be told is that in most countries, a 3 month supply of generic drugs can be imported "AT THE PATIENT'S EXPENSE". That is what is being done here. Most HEP C patients will find $1500 for the cure if they know about it.
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, rohcvfighter, fitz

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21349

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hieupham wrote: Hi RHF,

Very good idea. Thank you :)
Must find the "PRESENTER"

Cheers

HP

Hi Hieu

PM sent to you.

Cheers,
RHF
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hieupham, fitz

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21350

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Greedfighter wrote: This presenter missed the critical point.

The pharma companies are going to keep their patents in place in the first world countries. I applaud protests, appeals. etc. But I doubt that it will accomplish anything. The message that needs to be told is that in most countries, a 3 month supply of generic drugs can be imported "AT THE PATIENT'S EXPENSE". That is what is being done here. Most HEP C patients will find $1500 for the cure if they know about it.

A current issue in the present times is that not so many people are aware about treating and eradicating HCV via generic drugs. So sharing this bit of information that generics work and, as dr. Freeman pointed in the article published on Liver International, using the Art. 60 from TRIPS as an imperfect, but pragmatic solution are the tools that are currently available to treat those HCV patients being denied by the healthcare system.
Looking in the past history of humanity, 500 years ago those people saying that the Earth is round and orbiting the Sun were still rejected by the society, but the more the news was spreading, the more people were becoming aware that this is a new truth which eventually ended to be accepted by the entire world.
So, even though it is sad to see that people continue to die, in a near future the world will know that those deaths could have been prevented if IP and monopoly rights given by the patent system would have been differently conceived. But yes, that's something which requires politics....a lot of it....

Cheers,
RHF
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21373

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
Thanks for this ROHCV I noticed that there is a Ted Prize too imagine if it was won by a foundation that offered generics to third world countries and helped eradicate HCV, that being the Vision of said foundation. I'm sure we can think of a deserving charity driven recipient for such a prize! Imagine how many more people can be then treated
I'm just dreaming here....

www.ted.com/about/programs-initiatives/ted-prize
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Hieupham, rohcvfighter, fitz, Donna

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21374

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Ariel,

Now it is becoming really interesting.
What a nice objective would it be to start the mass deployment on a worldwide level of HCV treatment with generic DAAs in 2017!

Cheers,
RHF
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel, fitz

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 6 months ago #21384

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Another idea, if you are a forum member from a non-English speaking country and if you are fine with the idea to reveal your nationality:
- add a short pitch in your signature from FIXHEPC in both languages, your native langauge and the English language.
It might facilitate the visitors from your country to find and read your posts.

Some weeks ago, in another thread on this forum, there was a creativity exercise being made to create a motto and/or pitch for the fight with HCV. Have a look here fixhepc.com/forum/fun-stuff-and-trivia/1...r-the-hcv-fight.html to get inspired in making your own pitch or use an existing one.

Cheers,
RHF
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, pat1, Ariel, Gaj, Hieupham, Fara, fitz

Spreading the news about HCV generic medication-place for ideas 7 years 4 months ago #22903

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Many people today are used to watch videos in order to get the information "at a glance", so perhaps a good idea would be for those who are already active on Facebook or Twitter about HCV topics, to try to share some of the videos that can be retrieved here on Fixhepc:
Couple of examples for videos:

Or

Or

Or any other relevant video that was posted on this forum.

Cheers
RHF
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, jimmy42, Ariel, Fara, fitz
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC