Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Feels like possible relapse - plan not panic! 7 years 10 months ago #15358

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Phoenix,

I have just signed in after a break and caught up with your posts. The results sound really positive and really good. Having had HCV for so long I always used to wonder what "normal" felt like and maybe we are all starting to work out what our new normal is as opposed to our HCV normal.

I've just finished my last tablets on Thursday after 24 weeks so entering the new phase with so many of you now. I'm taking some positivity cues from Pat1.

Good luck with the VL but it's looking good.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: tweakmax, Joy, Phoenix, mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, Lynne-Francis-facebook, isaing4, fitz

Feels like possible relapse - plan not panic! 7 years 10 months ago #15363

• Phoenix
  • Phoenix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 84
Thanks Coral. Yes, what is the new normal, if we're arriving there - that's the question. How much can I do that I couldn't do before? Before my recent crash I was going to the gym regularly for the first time ever (gently!) and I want to get back to that. I want to make the new normal better!

Peace of mind to you during the waiting for results, and good luck and prayers that they are the right results :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Ariel, Gaj, fitz

Feels like possible relapse - plan not panic! 7 years 7 months ago #20662

Good luck with the results ! Looking forward to hear the good news !! Fingers crossed :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Feels like possible relapse - plan not panic! 7 years 7 months ago #20684

My bili was a little high at EOT+12, but was normal at EOT+24.
Who knows??
m
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Feels like possible relapse - plan not panic! 7 years 7 months ago #20689

• Sven
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213
As I sit here and read these posts I'm wondering, when we take the last pill has this disease been in us for so long we cannot imagine the possibility of living without it? I mean that sounds strange but I read so many posts about people thinking they're going to relapse and I wonder why?

I hate to say this, but it has me thinking about relapsing and I'm not even five weeks in. I don't want to think about that I want to think about being done with this.
I think it's a hard habit to break because this thing is been attacking us for so many decades, but we must look at the glass half full until we have scientific data that states otherwise. If not we can all think this when we take the last pill, ugh oh... relapse is around the corner.

I would appreciate any comments that may shed some light on this.
Thank you.
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, beaches

Feels like possible relapse - plan not panic! 7 years 7 months ago #20690

OK. 5 out of every 100 relapse according to REDEMTPTION findings. 10 or 15 or more with complicating factors: g3, cirrhosis or tx experienced. The "relapsers" are much more vocal than the successful ones, who tend to get well and go on about their lives, leaving FHC and HCV behind.
Many people, most, probably, have had this crap so long that it is hard for them to believe they can be rid of it for good.
So, a lot of paranoia and fear is to be expected. No one wants to be one of the 5% of the tx naive, g1a's who relapse, but it happens.
The odds are very much in your favor that you won't be one.
Everyone will beat this, sooner rather than later, given the progress made in the past year in tx options and effectiveness.
But, having reached SVR 24+8, the memories, fears and frustrations still bother me at times.
I look forward to the day when this site is no longer needed and HCV is a fading memory for all.
M
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, poodle, sabrecat, Gaj, darbara, splitdog, Fara, Sven
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC