Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #22977

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
There is an old Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times". If nothing else the future will be interesting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_you_live_in_interesting_times
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, beaches, re_roll, Fara, fitz, whaemmel

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #22989

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
Dr. Freeman,

I think its fair to say we have differing world views. We live in different countries, in different hemispheres, on opposite corners of the world...

When I discovered that I had been refused a prescription for Harvoni by my insurer, you were literally my savior You intervened with an international prescription, honored by Monkmed in India, and my life was once again - for the first time since I learned of my diagnosis, over 20 years ago - my own.

Now, after 3 months of generic DAA therapy, and three additional months of waiting for my SVR12 result, my life is truly once and for all, really my own.

Wow.You came through Doc! Honest to God, gangbusters! You saved my life.

Please - resist the temptation to take sides, to engage in politics. Regardless of personal feelings for or against the politics of the moment, or the day, or the decade - you, your movement, our movement - to eradicate Hep C worldwide, transcends all.

I'm an American, a Libertarian, formerly with Hep C. I have been cured, thanks to you, Monkmed, and the REDEMPTION 3 Trials.

What I know from ground level is this - the folks who against all predictions voted the incoming administration into power are precisely the folks we need to reach: Working class, rust belt, flyover territory Americans who live in the vast territory between the East Coast, and West Coast.

The official statistic for Americans with Hep C is 3.5 million. The actual numbers are probably far beyond that. Most (like me) are in that rust belt, "flyover" country between the coasts.

We need your support and counsel now more than ever.
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Fara, Sven, whaemmel

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23054

I want to see Trump's tax returns.
They would probably make for some interesting reading.
As for Obamacare, at least SOMEBODY in Washington tried to help the people who needed access to health care get it.
Health Savings Accounts are nice, but only work if health care costs aren't rising exponentially faster than wages, which is not the case.
Repeal and replace. The former will be easy. The latter....we see.
There is no easy fix.
Now, there is a single party in power.
They have the chance they've been waiting on.
Interesting times indeed.
m
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: re_roll, whaemmel

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23055

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It would be nice to see a healthcare program which didn't involve stuffing the pockets of Big Pharma fat cats at the expense of American and frankly, world taxpayers.

The only way we get there is by bringing drug prices down, and not just down a little, but dramatically down. Down to the level where patients can actually afford the medications which keep them alive without mortgaging their homes and futures to stay above ground, and keep shovels full of dirt out their faces.

For the time being, we are on our own, just as we were a month ago, and the month before that - and arguing among ourselves, and endlessly rehashing the US election and shoving our personal politics down the gullets of whoever happens to drop into this forum doesn't help people get well, or find their way to an affordable cure for Hepatitis C.

If this forum has become about personal politics, then we might as well declare that, and say goodbye to reaching as many people in as many places around the world as we can, and just throw in the towel and yield the floor to Big Pharma, who are undoubtedly reading this thread with sincere delight.

By wearing our personal politics on our sleeves, we're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

If you (meaning WE collectively) want to fight about politics, or shove your personal views down the throats of people who just came here looking for a cure, fine! I suggest we create a separate password protected area where forum members can bloody well have at it if they want to.

But, it doesn't belong here.
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
The following user(s) said Thank You: splitdog, Sven

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23058

• Sven
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213
:whistle:
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23059

This is not about politics. This is about an extremely powerful man whose motives, loyalties and debts are totally unknown. His tax returns would shed some light on that.
We DO know he's easily offended, loves to impress and soon will be in charge of Customs and the FDA.
He could personally stop US generic importation in a heartbeat as a favor to one of his golfing buddies or to honor his "keep the jobs & dollars at home" pledge. It is scary to have such an unpredictable and volatile person in such a powerful position. Especially one so thin-skinned and quick to lash out in retribution.

This is about as relevant as it gets for this forum if you live in the US and have HCV.
Knowledge is power.
M
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: re_roll, Greedfighter

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23060

• re_roll
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 365

fitz wrote:
By wearing our personal politics on our sleeves, we're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

If you (meaning WE collectively) want to fight about politics, or shove your personal views down the throats of people who just came here looking for a cure, fine! I suggest we create a separate password protected area where forum members can bloody well have at it if they want to.

But, it doesn't belong here.

"the pot calling the kettle black".....in before Gaj gives a warning, moving the thread or locked.
contracted Gen 1a in the 70's, dx in 2007...ast 27 to 35...alt 43 to 96...vl 1.2 mil to 8.6 mil.
biopsy F-2 (2012)..pre tx results 1/23/16 ast 32, alt 46, vl 3.1 mil
tx started 2/11/16.... lab results 2/24/16 ast 18, alt 18, vl <15 IU/ml
28 days later.............lab results 3/9/16 ast 21, alt 21, vl UND
56 days later.............lab results 4/6/16 ast 20, alt 22, vl UND
139 days later...........lab results 6/29/16 ast 28, alt 30, vl UND...EOT
SVR24
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23061

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Quite right re-roll. Time to let it all go, and move on. I'm quite in agreement that this particular thread should be retired, locked, and removed from the main page.

We come to this site looking for hope and a cure. And, many of us have found exactly that here.

The last thing we need to encounter when we first arrive is an endless and increasingly divisive political discourse, and all of the hurt feelings and bruised egos which invariably result from such a pointless exercise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splitdog, Sven, whaemmel

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23062

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594

fitz wrote: Quite right re-roll. Time to let it all go, and move on. I'm quite in agreement that this particular thread should be retired, locked, and removed from the main page.

We come to this site looking for hope and a cure. And, many of us have found exactly that here.

The last thing we need to encounter when we first arrive is an endless and increasingly divisive political discourse, and all of the hurt feelings and bruised egos which invariably result from such a pointless exercise.

Hi Fitz,

I partially disagree with the idea to remove or lock this thread. I mean, I am still interested to know more about what happens in India with the HCV drug patent, so from this perspective the thread should remain open. I would welcome any information about this topic that will be posted in this thread.

The politics discussions from this thread.... well, yes, there was some heat, people shared their views, I think it would be enough if the "political debate" will not continue in this thread. No need to remove the thread.

Going back to the initial topic, I still cannot find any updates about the situation of Sofosbuvir patent in India and we are now almost 3 weeks after the hearing date.

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: splitdog, fitz, Sven

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23063

• Sven
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213
I 100% agree, the disagreement of politics will separate all of us very quickly. Let's just leave it be and control what we can control. God knows none of us here can control what goes on in Washington. So Demo or Repub let's move forward, lock this thread down!
In good health to all.
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!
The following user(s) said Thank You: splitdog, fitz

India Patent Office approves Gilead's hepatitis C drug patent 7 years 4 months ago #23075

By popular demand this thread has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC