Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thinking on the investment in my generic medication.. 7 years 10 months ago #18189

• rohcvfighter
  • rohcvfighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Today I made an imaginary excercise: I put on my head an imaginary Gilead hat and started to think when I will recover my investment made in buying the generic medications. The following amounts have been rounded to ease the calculation:
- investment 1500$
- monthly savings 50$ (by no longer having to buy various herbs, supplements, etc)
in 30 months I will recover my investment. Not bad, but for a greedy company, it is a lot of time. Currently I am on loss.

After this initial calculation, I took off my imaginary Gilead hat and started to think with my own brain. To the calculation from above I added another statements:
- I considered that I am earning 5$ for each hour when I feel good. (Special remark, FEELING GOOD is priceless. The 5$ is intended to be used only to indicate, to those who otherwise might not be convinced, that even a small hourly rate may lead to a very convenient situation to get treated ASAP from HCV)
- a full 24 hours day when I feel good means I am earning 120$.
- I just finished 8 weeks of tx, but I will cut the first 3 weeks because of the headaches I had. However I felt great in the last 5 weeks, so my earnings are 5w x 7d x 120$ = 4200$.
- in the last 8 weeks I saved 100$ by no longer buying other medicines or supplements.
So, without the Gilead hat influencing my judgement, I have;
Earnings 4200 + 100 = 4300 $
Costs/investment = - 1500$
Profit: 2800$ and feeling great!!!!!

Feel free to make your own assessment how profitable your investment in generic is/was :).

Cheers
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, mgalbrai, Lynne-Francis-facebook, Hieupham, Meg, fitz

Thinking on the investment in my generic medication.. 7 years 10 months ago #18192

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Yes! loss of productivity in my life is the main thing i am trying not to regret, and just be glad I have gained it now. I could never have worked full time, now I can and more. Still hard to imagine that paying off but it will in time. But I am a student so I gain study time not paid work-yet.
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, mgalbrai, Lynne-Francis-facebook, Meg, fitz

Thinking on the investment in my generic medication.. 7 years 10 months ago #18205

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
For me the profits have been my improved physical and emotional wellbeing and with those the capacity to better participate in life with my loved ones and friends. To me that is priceless. :)
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Vororo, pat1, sabrecat, Lynne-Francis-facebook, beaches, Hieupham, rohcvfighter, fitz

Thinking on the investment in my generic medication.. 7 years 10 months ago #18211

• rohcvfighter
  • rohcvfighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Hi Gaj,

thank you for the very good remark about being priceless.
Indeed, feeling good and in addition to this being able to spend quality time with the loved ones or being able to do whatever things you wish to do (in the positive meaning) and no longer feeling as "in the dark past", are aspects that cannot be valued. I just introduced a clarification to the initial post.

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, sabrecat, Gaj, fitz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC