Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24319

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The life you save will be your own. START TREATMENT
  • Thank you received: 2254
Not a single day off sick, in fact I felt ridiculously good while taking Harvoni. Focused and full of energy. Just felt damn good.
I am twice as old as you, you should do it easy.
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed in 2004, had HCV for all my adult life. Until 2016!!!!
Harvoni treatment, started 19 March 2016
4 week results Bilirubin 12 down from 14 pre treatment,
Gamma 25 down from 52, ALT 19 down from 63, AST 19 down from 47,
VL <15 down from a lazy 6 million or so

EOT Results
Bilirubin 10, GGT 18, ALT 19, AST 21, VL UND

12 Weeks post EOT
Bilirubin 11, GGT 16, ALT 22, AST 20, VL UND
Cured baby

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24321

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Either choice Sofosbuvir + Ledipasvir (Harvoni) or Sofosbuvir + Daclatasvir (Sovaldi + Daklinza) is good.

I don't have a strong preference but suspect Sofosbuvir + Daclatasvir has a slight edge in terms of both SVR and less side effects.

Some patients on Harvoni do seem to go a bit flat and low on energy 6-8 weeks into treatment.

Most of the side effects - headache and insomnia - are caused by Sofosbuvir in the ~ 20% of patients that get them. You have to have that.

Both should see you cured, and because side effects are relatively rare, and very individual it's often other things that help decide. Daclatasvir mixes well with almost all HIV drugs, and Harvoni is not great for patients with reflux/heartburn taking medication.
YMMV

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24323

So in this case, what is your suggestion ? Which treatment is more appropriate for me ?
Fibrosis: F1-F2
ALT: 125, 15
Naive
Genotype: 1b
VL: between 1.000.000-1.200.000

Thank you !

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24324

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
Hi Bogdan 16, Our stomachs have plenty of acid to aid absorption so long as you do not take other drugs that interfere with that. The human stomach is a naturally low pH environment. If you are concerned about other drugs you are taking that could interfere with absorption then use this Liverpool site to check them:
www.hep-druginteractions.org/checker

Our good Dr Freeman has given you good advice "Either choice Sosofbuvir + Ledipasvir (Harvoni) or Sofosbuvir + Daclatasvir (Solvadi + Daclinza) is good.".
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24325

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Bogdan 16, It was the old Interferon treatments that made people feel too sick to work. We are lucky the DAA drugs are trouble-free, most of us who are on them can play and work as usual throughout treatment.
Best wishes for deciding which treatment will be best to treat your type1. I too found it hard to decide, but you are lucky because you have received good advice from Gaj and Dr James Freeman.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24326

Hi Mnem,

Yes, I have read about interferon treatments and thank God now we have all this new treatments with less side effects and a higher rate of healing . I think I'm gonna go with Sovaldi though.

Best wishes with your treatment, Mnem.

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24327

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Bogdan 16, If you go with Solvadi then you will need to take it together with Daclinza to make it effective. Sofosbuvir + Daclatasvir (Solvadi + Daclinza). You need the combination to be cured :)
Viral load 7million,
Kia kaha e hoa ma!

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24328

Yes

REDEMPTION 2 eTrial - generic Sovaldi® (Sofosbuvir 400 mg) and Daklinza® (Daclatasvir 60 gm)
REDEMPTION 3 eTrial - generic Harvoni® (Sofosbuvir 400 mg / Ledipasvir 90 mg)
REDEMPTION 4 eTrial - generic Epclusa® (Sofosbuvir 400 mg / Velpatasvir 100 mg)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mnem

Harvoni side effects continue after treatment ends... 6 years 10 months ago #24359

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Bogdan,

Congratulations on pursuing treatment. As others have mentioned the side effects for these medications are generally mild. That's not to say that people haven't experienced them to a greater or lesser degree. Generally they seem to involve headaches, fatigue and insomnia (sometimes related ofcourse) but it would be unusual for them to affect your ability to work. The key seems to be to focus a little on your general health, eat well, drink lots of water and try to rest when possible.

Good luck Bogdan. #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC