• Page:

TOPIC:

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24378

• catemae
  • catemae's Avatar Topic Author
  • Genotype 1a, Onset 2012, F0, Treatment Naive
  • Thank you received: 25
Hello,

I have just found this group and am extremely interested in pursuing treatment. I live in the United States and each day it seems that my hope for affordable treatment becomes harder to imagine. I contracted the virus in 2012 and since then I have been obsessed with finding my cure. I have opened up about my diagnosis to very few people, mostly because of the stigma against recovering IV drug users. I know that within this group I can find some respect and hope.

Thank you everyone for giving me a place where I can let go of my fears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, klhilde, coral, mgalbrai, splitdog, Donna, Mnem

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24379

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Welcome Catemae, your searching has paid off, this is the place to get cured. Click the redemption trial links at the top and you are on your way. It is a life changing moment when you realise this is for real and it is going to be ok- you will get free of hep C here. I remember that moment!
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, mgalbrai, Gaj, Sven, Iain, Mnem, catemae

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24381

• catemae
Thank you so much for your response!

I have been researching even more heavily since the House of Reps passed Trump' s healthcare plan here in the states. I may soon be denied basic coverage simply because I have several pre-existing conditions, including HCV. I have begun considering jumping ship and moving to another country where I could receive affordable treatment, however I would like to remain in the states for now, at least until I finish college.

I have sent in my test results and scheduled a telemed appointment via MonkMed. Next step will be to raise $1600; not the easiest feat on my broke-US-college-student budget :p

I was crying this morning reading through the forum, learning about others experiences with this group. I have a newfound hope that I may be "reborn" as a relatively healthy young person. The idea of coming back Undetected fills me with joy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, mgalbrai, Iain, Mnem

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24383

You will be cured. Genotype 1a is "usually" easily treated. If not, you can consult with Dr. Freeman. But 1a is generally a 99% + cure rate with the DAA's
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Sven, Iain

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24389

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi catemae and welcome,

Well done for finding this site and starting the processes that will lead you to a HepC life. We all understand the stigma that continues to exist around this virus and it's a personal choice in terms of how we handle it. I think it's important to take control of the virus and the cure.

I know that things are messy and due to get messier with US health care. If you access these treatments through the procedures outlined on this site, it's not a question of if you will be cured....just when. Don't hesitate and you will be able to live your life without this monkey on your back.

Looking forward to hearing that you've started treatment! #flower

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, mgalbrai, Sven, Iain, Mnem, catemae

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24399

Hi Catemae,
Join REDEMPTION and put this behind you. The Senate will take a while to muck through the health bill and then, it will go back to the House. It might never be passed in a recognizable form, if at all. My concern would be some type of executive order issued at the request of Big Pharma that might limit our ability to import generics, Trump is very unpredictable in a very scary way.
Get the treatment now and get well. Feel free to email. I live in Arkansas and will be glad to answer any questions.
Good Luck!
Mike
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, re_roll, Greedfighter, Sven, Mnem, catemae

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24405

Trump is scary in the worst way. If they unleash the insurance providers, anyone with Hep C "pre-existing condition" may pay heavy premiums, and still be denied treatment. Save yourselves people.
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, mgalbrai, re_roll

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24418

• catemae
I just got off the phone with a doctor from MonkMed and the hope is building! Thank you everyone for your responses.

Does anyone have experience with getting supervision from doctors in the United States? Or could point me in the right direction?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Greedfighter, Iain, Mnem

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24422

I got my primary care physician to do my bloodwork. IMO, all you need is viral load and liver function tests after 4 weeks, and if you are undetected at that point, an end of treatment test, and then 12 weeks and 24 weeks post treatment to verify you sustained a cure.
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24423

• catemae
Ok that sounds like a good plan. Thank you for the advice! I currently have a gastroenterologist. My last contact with them a few weeks ago they told me the form I submitted to Gilead's free Harvoni program was the wrong form...and the correct form is currently in revision...and will not be completed for the foreseeable future. Seems like very convenient timing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, mgalbrai, Mnem

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24428

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Sadly most of the free programs are marketing, and much less actually treating.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24489

• gypsy
  • Thank you received: 97
I got mine through blood transfusions in 80's. Doesnt matter where you got it. You will be happy once you are cured. I live in U.S. too. The doctor makes it so unaffordable. The company was willing to give meds at a huge savings since I have no insurance but wanted to see me twice wkly. while taking it. My 4 sisters pitched in to pay for it here. The cheapest way with quality meds and helpful people. Of course if there are problems must see a doctor but I don't foresee that. Welcome.

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24490

• gypsy
  • Thank you received: 97
You can order your own tests through RequestATest and Link2labs. That is what I did. They were both fast and very helpful. It is really easy to set up apot with Dr. Freeman through GP2U . Get your labs tests :CMP, Hep B, liver functions, Alt and AST should be included in CMP (complete metabolic panel) and fibroscan. Fibroscan is approved in U.S. as of April 2017. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24509

• Sven
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213

Greedfighter wrote: Trump is scary in the worst way. If they unleash the insurance providers, anyone with Hep C "pre-existing condition" may pay heavy premiums, and still be denied treatment. Save yourselves people.

GF, again the political reference comes up. May I ask who set the dynamics for huge pricing, um that was B Obama in for 8 years and it went so high that only very few covered it. The co pays are so high it will eventually implode.

But I have a solution, let's leave politics out of this, again, and focus on treatment. There is no politician alive who'll help you at this stage..... but Redemption Trials will and they are politically blind.
Thanks GF.
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!

New member interested in treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24511

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
We try to keep things off politics here, but there are a few historical lessons relevant to us all.

The problems we are seeing today trace back to Raeganomics which was essentially de-regulate and drop taxes.

mises.org/library/sad-legacy-ronald-reagan-0

The problem with de-regulation, particularly in banking was that those regulations were put in place in the aftermath of the great depression. Sadly the lessons learned back then had been lost in the sands of time and the repeal of various regulations allowed the housing crash in the USA to happen.

Many of the leaders who have followed Raegan have done similarly. This article is titled "Trump’s proposing big tax cuts. Here’s what history says happens next"

www.linkedin.com/pulse/trumps-tax-cuts-m...agans-steven-rattner

You have to go, hey, it's never worked before, so why do you think it will work now?

In 1950 Frank W. Abrams, chairman of Standard Oil of New Jersey, voiced the corporate mantra of “stakeholder capitalism”: the need to balance the interests of all the stakeholders in the corporate family. “The job of management,” he wrote, “is to maintain an equitable and working balance among the claims of the various directly affected interest groups,” which he defined as “stockholders, employees, customers and the public at large.”

We don't hear that sort of sentiment anymore. It is all about maximising profits for shareholders (and CEOs) and Gilead is simply a symptom of that, not the root cause.

www.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/opinion/henry...pitalists-cared.html
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven, Mnem
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC