Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2B HERE 6 years 9 months ago #24871

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
that predictive text of yours is a wonderful joke Donna, maybe my dear old Ma ought to have named me as Mnemonic *)*
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25458

Hi, I'm new. They just sent me a link to sign up so I did. Looking around the forum I came across this group. I should have visited first and saw you were using 2B.
( don't know if I could have seen anything though without signing up first). I apologize for almost having same user name. It sounded like a good descriptive one when I thought of it, so...
Can anyone tell me how to start new threads? I'm not very tech and couldn't figure out!
I'll be starting 24 weeks of Epclusa if it ever arrives!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25459

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Hi and welcome, :)

To start your own thread scroll to the top of this page and you will see a series of blue forum navigation tabs. Third from the left is ‘New Topic’. Click on that, change the category to the forum area you want your thread in and add a subject line followed by your message. Click on Submit when you are ready to post. Best wishes for your treatment. :)
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, HCV2B

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25461

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi HCV2B,
Welcome to the forum. Waiting for the medications to arrive can certainly feel akin to watching paint dry, so hopefully yours will arrive one day soon. Then, when you do get the medication you wonder whether to take the first one then and there, or wait until morning, or the evening. Finally you take one and get your daily routine set up for success #flower

Looking forward to hearing more about your travel on the road to becoming HCV-free.

Yours, Mnem *)*
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HCV2B

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25462

Thank you for welcoming me
Does any one know how much longer it can take to get meds if FDA places a hold on them?
ThTs what has happened. I'm near Portland Oregon and they are held up in Cincinnati Ohio .
Also, has anyone used Epclusa for their treatment?
And do you have to use that captcha code every time?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25463

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi HCV2B, Later today someone should come onto this forum to provide some better answers but in the meantime here are a few starters:
1. Many forum members here were cured through generic Epclusa.
2. If your generics were ordered from Redemption trials, then this quote from Dr Freeman's #25368 forum post may help:
"there are regular problems. We do what's required to make sure patients get their medication, but it is not always smooth sailing.

There are 2 people working full time on a task that could be broadly defined as "get stuff cleared through customs". ".
Viral load 7million,
Kia kaha e hoa ma!

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25464

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello HCV2B,

Don't panic, we are good at getting things unstuck. It's best to talk to Jan or Andrew directly via email as they will know exactly where things are at. It is midday Sunday here so they will be on deck in 24 hours.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, HCV2B

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25465

Thanks 2B HERE,
I just sent email. Hope I did it right. I think perhaps an iphone may not be the best for this site.
We are building a home and everything is packed so that's what I'm stuck with for now.

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25466

Actually I'm not sure who it is I'm talking to each time. I thought 2B HERE but no I notice there are other names on the messages.
Sorry I'm such a technology dork.

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25467

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Don't worry HCV2B,

I'm pretty dorky too so we keep things pretty chill around here.

J
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: HCV2B

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25468

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi HCV2B, You are doing fine, your smartphone is a small and powerful computer which is perfect for forum-ing, so do not angst. Through regular writing and posting here you'll most likely become tech-savvy :idea: while getting cured of HCV.

The title of this forum thread is 2B Here. That's the subject title created two years ago when a member started the thread, I wonder whether it's a wink to Shakespeare's Hamlet) :P

When you post on this forum it can be read by visitors and by members. But only those who are logged on can post a response.

If you want a private dialogue with a fellow forum member there is a facility for that on this site.

btw I got cured of HCV2B earlier this year through one of the Redemption trials B).
Viral load 7million,
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25475

Which drug did you use? Was it the generic for Epclusa. (VELASOF)?
And do we have to enter a code every time we message?

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25476

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi HCV2B,
You should be able to see in my signature the short version of my HCV story. I was cured this year though generic Sofosbuvir + Velpatasvir. Incepta, its manufacturer name it Panovir. The Pan part of the brand name comes from the fact that this drug works for most types of HCV. The vir part of the word is the suffix from Sofosbuvir. With these HCV treatments everyone needs the Sofosbuvir but can often get a choice on the accompaniments.

You were prescribed generic Epclusa, so that's Sofosbuvir + Velpatasvir, otherwise known as Velasof or Sofvel. I could just as easily have opted for the drug you were prescribed because I had a choice, but I went for something else because one of the papers I read suggested it might be better by a fraction of one percent. In other words the drug you are getting is as good for HCV2 :+1:

And no, I do not need to add a Capcha code each time I post. Someone more techy than I should be able to advise a fix for that problem you are experiencing #flower Alternatively ask a teenager, they know everything.
Viral load 7million,
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Gaj, HCV2B

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25477

Hope I'm getting the right choice! Didn't know there was one just took what the doc said. ...well, that is if I ever get it.
Thanks for your help!
I appreciate it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mnem

2B HERE 6 years 4 months ago #25478

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
The doc is an international expert, I only know what I learned here. The doc will have scribed the right stuff for you.

My situation was that my liver and blood test results were all in normal ranges. I had no cirrhosis and not even fatty liver. Most of that down to my dumb good luck; any remainder due to my oxymoronic healthy lifestyle choices as I was scared I might develop cirrhosis. Since being cured I have relaxed and I now consume alcoholic beverages. Since getting cured I've become somewhat carefree.
Viral load 7million,
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC