Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Genotype 3/dating/pregnancy 6 years 11 months ago #24492

• Hailz
  • Hailz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
hi there, I'm very new to this site, and very new to pretty much everything about hep all I know is I have it and I'm genotype 3..I'm 30,I have an 8 year old, 8years today actually lol..since finding out approx a year and a half ago I'm hep c positive and contracted it 2 years ago, it's put the love life on hold and stopped me from wanting to date as I just can't bare the thought of accidentally infecting someone. I just wondered if anyone has gotten pregnant snd given birth while still being positive? Is it safe for the baby? I'm a bit rusty on the hep lingo I've been seeing on this page, but if your keen to share your story I'd love to hear your story thanks for reading
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel

Genotype 3/dating/pregnancy 6 years 11 months ago #24495

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
Here's my completely personal and subjective take on this question, Hailz.
Coming as I do from an earlier generation, one that had never even heard of safe sex, I've spent the past 45 years regularly practising unprotected, mostly but not exclusively, penetrative sex with my (male) partner, Given birth, and breastfed children. Yet none of them became infected. None of them even have antibodies.

This despite close living, in which each person in my family somewhere along the way would have say, used my toothbrush, or my facecloth. Certainly I know body fluids got swapped one way or another. So my advice is use condoms or whatever, and maybe do nothing too crazy, but as my grandma used to say "practice makes perfect"
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!

Genotype 3/dating/pregnancy 6 years 11 months ago #24497

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Sexual transmission of Hep C is virtually impossible via straight sex.

Anal sex is more risky.

Sharing razors is a definitive risk but it's also gross.

The bottom line is you really need blood-blood contact so routine contact is just fine.

Most Hep C positive mothers do not pass it on to their children, but it does happen. Presumably from blood blood contact during childbirth.

If you treat you have a 78% chance of being undetectable by 4 weeks and cured by 12 in which case it becomes past history.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mnem
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC