Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6533

SHARP STABBING PAIN AROUND LIVER.
Is this common with chronic hepC & cirrhosis ?
I've had hepC for over 40 years & this is the first time I've experienced these liver pains.
I'm nearly half way through 24 week treatment of Sofosbuvir , Ledisbovir & 12 weeks of Ribavirin.
I'm genotype 1a, 3 -4 fibros with bridging cirrhosis & treatment experienced.
Male aged 66, contracted hepC 45 years ago
Failed treatment interferon and Ribavarin 2003
Started treatment 22 October 2015, 24 week, Dr Freeman
Sofosbuvir and Ledisbovir plus 12 weeks Ribavirin
Geno 1a
Fibrosis F3/4
VL <12 at 4 weeks
VL - negative at 12 weeks

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6537

I think a lot of us experienced liver pain during tx, I know I certainly did at about day 9 to 14. It was pretty bad but passed . I still had occaisional twinges and uncomfortable feeling there but it's all gone now. This is the first time in many years I havn't felt like i had a football stuck under my ribcage.

cheers
Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6538

• CJ
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
Hi Hamilton,

I hope someone comes along for you soon with more info..

But I do remember one of the people here, Paul, had bad liver pains for a while, he was on Sof/Dac.
It just went away after a while.

Maybe PM the Doc J , if it keeps up?
x
J the young dragon slayer is:
HepC 1a since birth
Male aged 15
VL 2000000
Started Twinvir/ 10-11-15-then Sof/led.
NO sides so far !
after one week VL : 37
after 4 wks VL : UND !
EOT 2/2/16 UND.!
4 wks. post tx results....pending....
7/3/16 VL result : 4 week post tx: SVR !
12 weeks SVR !
24 wks SVR yeeaa!!

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6540

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Hamilton

Can't give you an opinion re cirrhosis and/or in the context of treatment, but I've had those sharp stabbing/stinging liver pains for the last few years at least - and I am F0. Also feeling of "congestion" or pressure for want of a better word.

Those with F3-4 and some experience with tx should be able to advise you...but there must be a battle happening in your system now to knock out the virus in those tougher areas.
GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6541

Thanks Paul.
So it sounds like it's related to the treatment ?
Geno 1a
Fibrosis F3/4
VL <12 at 4 weeks

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6546

Yep, I have experienced the liver pains during treatment but have not had them for a while it all just seems to get better as I go. I put this down the enormous changes my liver is going through. What I can say is as my liver gets further away from daily beatings from hep c it is slowly healing. I have been giving it a real holiday & if you can try ie. Cut the grog & other "toxins" & lots of water vegies & fruit. It will pay you with love!
Regards Angus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6547

Hamilton-Gray-facebook wrote: Thanks Paul.
So it sounds like it's related to the treatment ?

Strictly a layman here but I have seen many people complaining of the same symptoms especially on FB borders page. Have a chat to Millie. There was a theory that it was probably related to the virus being killed off, I believe Greg Jeffreys believed this and so do I. We don't really know what causes it but it does appear quite common. I thought I had liver cancer and got an ultrasound to make sure ! Stick with the water and see a Doc if it appears to get worse I think.

cheers
Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV
The following user(s) said Thank You: zhuk

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6549

I had liver pain at around the 2 week mark of 12 weeks of Sof/dac/riba (geno 1b, F3/4) then it went away as did the feeling of fullness under the rib cage. This seems to be a very commonly reported symptom on Tx as Paul said.

But then it came back in the last week of treatment which freaked me out. As you're on led not dac, if it's to do with the drugs then it's either Sof or riba. You don't say if you're already on the Ribavirin or are doing it in the last 12 weeks. Of course, it may not be the drugs at all just the liver getting on with the healing process. Remember, if you comply with treatment you can't go backwards so don't worry that things are suddenly turning bad.

Anyway, my pains disappeared within 24 hours of me completing Tx and haven't returned. I tended to think it was the riba because the last 2 weeks of Tx were the only time I did it tough. Having said that, I wasn't even remotely anemic at the end. My hb was actually slighter higher than at the 2 week mark. Go figure. I'd be interested to know if you're already taking Ribavirin because my hunch remains that it may have something to do with that.
Huon Valley, Tasmania
Hep C+ since 1980s
Genotype 1b
F3/4
VL 480,000
Started Indian Sof and Riba, BMS Dac (comp access) 28 August 2015
UND at 4 weeks
Finished treatment 19 November 2015
12 February 2016 UND SVR12
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, zhuk

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6552

I have 13 days to go on RIBA - also I was never a heavy drinker and 24 stubbies would last me a year! Now I don't drink at all. So it can't be related to alcohol. I drink about 2 litres water a day.
Geno 1a
Fibrosis F3/4
VL <12 at 4 weeks

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6569

Ah so starting to point the finger even more at the riba. I'll be really interested to know if the pains stop after you finish with Ribavirin. Let us know. I doubt you have any reason for concern though I know it's unsettling when the liver pain returns. At least you can be assured it's not a unique situation so I think keep calm and carry on unless something happens to raise more serious concerns.
Huon Valley, Tasmania
Hep C+ since 1980s
Genotype 1b
F3/4
VL 480,000
Started Indian Sof and Riba, BMS Dac (comp access) 28 August 2015
UND at 4 weeks
Finished treatment 19 November 2015
12 February 2016 UND SVR12

LIVER PAIN 8 years 3 months ago #6615

Had it for 13 months this liver pain but was ok in summer, came back in winter and now its once in a while on treatment. But at the start of treatment had it sharp for 2 days.
Treatment naive
F 3/4
Genotype 1 a & b
V/L 17 MILLION
Started Harvoni 11th Dec 2015 for 12 weeks
4 weeks VL UND
6 WEEKS ALT 32, AST 34
EOT 03/03 2016 ! UND
ALT 34, AST 26
04.04.2016 SVR 4
26.05.2016 SVR 12
16.08.2016 SVR 24