Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Exercise during treatment 8 years 1 month ago #12363

Typically, I alternate jogging with tai chi. But for the last few weeks ( and i finish tx on monday) it seems to do more harm than good. Leaving me even more sapped for the rest of the day. I am listening to what the meds are telling me and keeping exersize and work to a minimum. Short walks with a burst of jogging and 15 minute mini tai chi sessions. Probably 2 or 3 days a week right now. Hope to get back into the routine once my energy starts coming back.
HCV 35 yrs G1a F3 Tx naive
started Lesovir-C 15/12/2015
pre tx: VL 5,250,000 ALT 374 AST 208
FIBROSCORE 10.4

4 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 33. VL < 12 UI/mL
8 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 34. VL UND
4 weeks after tx UND. SVR4. ALT 24/AST 18

Exercise during treatment 8 years 1 month ago #12364

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
Well, i can't speak to exercise "during" treatment, but I can tell you that POST treatment, I have suddenly been able to hit the treadmill and am up to 1.5 to 2 miles on it every night, and it feels fine. Im sure I could do more too, but trying not to push it too fast (i do the treadmill, because it is STILL too nasty and cold outside here, I need a better Latitude)

I couldn't have done that before when I had the gunk in me, didn't have it in me and I was getting badly out of shape, getting lots better now! Lots of different 'things' are coming back 'online', and I haven't even felt the need to take the acid reflux meds I was supposed to be taking every day (although I never was very good about taking them).
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Gaj

Exercise during treatment 8 years 1 month ago #12409

Stomach issues. I am seeing those words more and more, followed by absence of stomach issues during and after tx.
My GI said stomach issues were not a typical EHM of HCV. Maybe he is wrong.
M
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenbasman

Exercise during treatment 8 years 1 month ago #12412

Mike,
I share your "exercise helps with GI problems" point. I was/am accustomed to eating a big breakfast and then going for a run to digest it. Unfortunately the sides from the meds have made it near impossible in the last weeks. 2 more pills to go, however...
HCV 35 yrs G1a F3 Tx naive
started Lesovir-C 15/12/2015
pre tx: VL 5,250,000 ALT 374 AST 208
FIBROSCORE 10.4

4 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 33. VL < 12 UI/mL
8 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 34. VL UND
4 weeks after tx UND. SVR4. ALT 24/AST 18
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai

Exercise during treatment 7 years 7 months ago #21595

• Donna
  • Thank you received: 215
I'm doing a little bit of everything.... Walking, swimming, yoga, light weights, and pad work ( boxing training)
I need to do something otherwise my mental health suffers #love
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Fara

Exercise during treatment 7 years 7 months ago #21597

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Everything in moderation. Including moderation - Oscar Wilde
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Fara, rohcvfighter, Donna

Exercise during treatment 7 years 7 months ago #21611

Hiya ,
I did 40 minutes of a gentle qigong form every morning-no matter what ! plus a bit of walking - easy does it comes to mind in this case !!
still not doing anything too stressfull (climbing mountains /jogging) on accout of portal vein hypertension and varices
hopefully situation will improve somewhat..

just had blood tests back 6 weeks since i finished treatment undetectable for hep c :) yayyy !!

Bob in ireland :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Gaj, Fara, Donna

Exercise during treatment 7 years 7 months ago #21613

• Donna
  • Thank you received: 215
Great News Bob in Ireland :+1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob in ireland

Exercise during treatment 7 years 7 months ago #21622

kenbasman wrote: Typically, I alternate jogging with tai chi. But for the last few weeks ( and i finish tx on monday) it seems to do more harm than good. Leaving me even more sapped for the rest of the day. I am listening to what the meds are telling me and keeping exersize and work to a minimum. Short walks with a burst of jogging and 15 minute mini tai chi sessions. Probably 2 or 3 days a week right now. Hope to get back into the routine once my energy starts coming back.

Have u svr24 yet?

Exercise during treatment 7 years 3 months ago #23445

Hi Gaj,

I am just over the 8 week mark in my treatment - Harvoni and ribavarin - and I echo your words.

I used to train almost every day and I am 15kgs heavier since my original diagnosis 10 years ago. Up until 2-3 years I was still pretty fit but then just kept hitting a wall with energy.

I was undetectable at the two mark and since then I have been lifting heavy weights, doing spinning classes, Pilates and feeling like my old self.

My advice to anyone would be push yourself as I was so surprised with what I could do again. With that we should also recognise we need to rest so our body can continue healing itself!

Best
R
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Ariel, Gaj

Exercise during treatment 6 years 2 months ago #25837

This morning I (i) took my hit of Epclusa, then (ii) mounted my trainer bike for Coach Troy Jacobson's "Pain Cave"-Spinervals 33.0.

When I got off the bike I had a peyote/mescaline type high for about 90 minutes. I interpreted that as a good thing.

Any words of wisdom about getting your heart rate to lactate threshold right after taking a pill? Does that increase or inhibit absorption of the medicine, or does it matter at all?
1970's-Bad behavior as a teenager.
2001- Insurance Company denies coverage due to HCV positive
2002- Another HCV positive reading and referral to liver doctor.
2003-Commence Interferon Combination treatment. VL 205,088 after 3 months. Doctor says stop.
2007-VL 1,045,320.
2017-VL 3,121,174.
2.5.18-Commenced generic Epclusa.
3.7.18- VL Undetected!
3.13.18-US Abdomen Complete scan reflects "Normal echogenicity with no mass detected. No dilated intrahepatic biliary ducts".
8.1.18- VL Undetected!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, hanknassi, Mar

Exercise during treatment 6 years 2 months ago #25838

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Some people do report a sort of high related to the pills. It's hard to know if it's just "less virus = feeling better" or a "lifting of the brain fog so the world seems brighter" or what...

Anyway, no, it does not matter.

The main thing with Epclusa is to take it with food. It needs food (fatty food) to help it get absorbed optimally. Your blood pH barely changes when you are running lactic acidosis and has no impact on the absorption of the medications.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, hanknassi, Mar, LG2*

Exercise during treatment 6 years 2 months ago #25841

Thanks, Doc.

The well intentioned nurse practitioner whom I see is invaluable in arranging diagnostic tests (i.e., blood tests, the fibroscan that I need), but is clueless about an effective action plan. I have already derived more quality information from this website. I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain from time to time.
1970's-Bad behavior as a teenager.
2001- Insurance Company denies coverage due to HCV positive
2002- Another HCV positive reading and referral to liver doctor.
2003-Commence Interferon Combination treatment. VL 205,088 after 3 months. Doctor says stop.
2007-VL 1,045,320.
2017-VL 3,121,174.
2.5.18-Commenced generic Epclusa.
3.7.18- VL Undetected!
3.13.18-US Abdomen Complete scan reflects "Normal echogenicity with no mass detected. No dilated intrahepatic biliary ducts".
8.1.18- VL Undetected!

Exercise during treatment 6 years 2 months ago #25844

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hello Tigerfan,

You're welcome to ask whatever comes to mind. It's likely you're not the only person wondering!

There is nothing like practical experience when it comes to answering questions. There is a lot of that floating around here on the forum.
YMMV

Exercise during treatment 6 years 2 months ago #25848

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
Hi Tigerfan
Ariel again
Yup I stuck with heaps of sport after the first four weeks of tx (sof/led) surfed my little butt off. (Tried to stay on top of things during interferon but wound up in hospital and had a bad lymph experience.)

On DAAs all easy once the first few weeks were over. I was clear so early in tx I think the first month was a bit tougher because I was being cured forever.
My muscle development is going well. I’m also now Latin dancing and doing exams (typical adrenaline geek, have to set a goal) and despite being of a certain age competing in surf comps against women 20 years younger. Also, I believe that by keeping our muscles and ligaments supple and strong we support our bones, and that by doing “in the moment” sports we help keep our brain active and healthy but you would already be into that I figured. Happy sports life to you! Go for it! RIP IT UP!!!
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, rohcvfighter, Mnem, hanknassi, Mar
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC