Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20476

• Cadu
  • Cadu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi, guys and gals!

I'm amazed about the level of humanity here. You are all wonderful.
It is really touching to be able to follow so many happy ending stories.

I'm from Brazil and my father-in-law has hep C. I found FixHepC, talked to member Meg, who's also from Brazil, and she gave me tips on how to contact doctor James. She was wonderful. It's really inspiring to get great help from unknown people like this.

I just sent him an e-mail, that I'll post below, asking for help.
I'm posting here to keep you guys informed and to get all these good vibes, thoughts and prayers that I know you will send our way.
I'll also keep you informed!
Thanks a lot!

"Hi, doctor Freeman!

First of all, thank you for your efforts and congratulations on your amazing work. You are an wonderful human being, an inspiration and the world is a better place for having you.

I found about your work online and was deeply moved and relieved by it.

My father-in-law, Simon, has HepC.
(we are from Brazil, so maybe the data I'll send you needs some translation. I used quotation marks for things that I pulled directly from the exams.)

He was dianosed in october, 2010, as a genotype 1a, "CID 10: B18.2".
His first viral load exam, in 2011, gave a PCR of 688.000 UI/mL result.
His first biopsy, also in 2011, registered a F1 fibrosis. (there weren't elastography tests yet here at the time).

In october, 2013, he started treatment. It was a combination of ribaverin and a type of interferon called here as "inteferon peguilado", not sure how it translates.
The treatment ended in march, 2015. He was a slow responder.
Already in april, 2015, the virus relapsed, with a viral load of 820.000 UI/mL.
On july, 2015, an elastography exam showed his fibrosis hit F2.

His most recent virus load exam, from may, 2016, returned with a viral load of 2.043.913 UI/mL.
His most recent elastography exam, from april, 2016, returned with a F3. According to the doctor that made the exam, it is borderline F3-F4.
He also took an eletrocardiogram exam in april, 2016, and it returned as normal.
His "anti HIV" and "HBS AG" were "non reagent".

We are desperate to get the meds necessary to fix Hep C for him.
We really look forward to get a treatment prescribed from you.

Again, thanks for your time and effort. You are wonderful.

From your friend,
Carlos"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, coral, pat1, mgalbrai, beaches, Hieupham, Hazel, rohcvfighter, Meg, fitz, nads

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20477

Hello Cadu,
Welcome!
Very nice email! You explained your Father-in-law's situation very clearly.
Many people who had failed Interfron/Interferon+PEG treatment cleared HepC using these new DAAs Drugs. In many cases, fibrosis level F3 reduced to F2 after finishing the treatment. Very promising for your Father-in-law. :)
There are many options for Genotype 1. To discuss more about treatment options, you can also book an appointment with Dr. Freeman at gp2u.com.au with all of the blood results ready. In the meantime, you can read around the forum for more information.
Wish you Father-in-laws start treatment soon.
#flower
Nishkama Karma
Cùng nhau loại bỏ Viêm gan C trên khắp thế giới!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, pat1, Meg, fitz, Cadu

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20479

• Tommy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 210
I have never seen Dr. Freeman at gp2u.com.au. You click on his name and ALWAYS get this "Sorry, no appointments are available for Dr James Freeman. Been trying daily for 2 months. Sent two emails to him at his request and never heard from him. I know he's busy but can these other doctors on there also get you a prescription?
Genotype 1A
ALT 473
AST 226
Virus Load 3,119,030
Results as of May-2016
5 week viral load/undetected as of 12/02/2016
Liver Biopsy Results from Feb 2013
Portal/Periportal chronic inflammation and mild interface hepatitis (Grade 2)
Focal Lobular chronic inflammation (Grade 1)
Portal/Periportal fibrosis (stage 1-2 trichrome and reticulin stains utilized)
Negative Iron stains.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, pat1, beaches, fitz

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20480

• Chapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Yes I think they all can write prescriptions for hep c meds.
M, 57, Live in Wellington,NZ.
Genotype 1a diagnosed in 2013.
Treating for the first time since October 31 with Buyers Club Sof/Led. Thanks so much guys. Minimal side effects apart from sore throat at the start..
Viral load 5.4m when treatment started, Undetected at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, End of Treatment and 12-weeks post EOT. Yay!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Tommy, fitz

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20481

Hello Tommy,

Dr. Freeman is available for appointment every Friday, you can see FRIDAY options there in the same window:
"Sorry, no appointments are available for Dr James Freeman (General Practitioner) today.
Appointments are available on the following days........Friday,...Friday,...
Click on a day or request a callback."
Just need to click on the Friday that suits you.
You can also email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for arrangement.
You also can get in contact with Dr. Josh Devsam who prescribes HepC drugs.
#flower
HP
Nishkama Karma
Cùng nhau loại bỏ Viêm gan C trên khắp thế giới!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, Hazel, Tommy, rohcvfighter, fitz

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20482

• Tommy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 210

Hieupham wrote: Hello Tommy,

Dr. Freeman is available for appointment every Friday, you can see FRIDAY options there in the same window:
"Sorry, no appointments are available for Dr James Freeman (General Practitioner) today.
Appointments are available on the following days........Friday,...Friday,...
Click on a day or request a callback."
Just need to click on the Friday that suits you.
You can also email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for arrangement.
You also can get in contact with Dr. Josh Devsam who prescribes HepC drugs.
#flower
HP

Thank you show much. A big help.
Genotype 1A
ALT 473
AST 226
Virus Load 3,119,030
Results as of May-2016
5 week viral load/undetected as of 12/02/2016
Liver Biopsy Results from Feb 2013
Portal/Periportal chronic inflammation and mild interface hepatitis (Grade 2)
Focal Lobular chronic inflammation (Grade 1)
Portal/Periportal fibrosis (stage 1-2 trichrome and reticulin stains utilized)
Negative Iron stains.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel, Hieupham, fitz

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20486

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263

I have never seen Dr. Freeman at gp2u.com.au. You click on his name and ALWAYS get this "Sorry, no appointments are available for Dr James Freeman. Been trying daily for 2 months. Sent two emails to him at his request and never heard from him. I know he's busy but can these other doctors on there also get you a prescription?

Hi Tommy,

Yes, I do tend to get booked out quickly, and yes the other doctors can and do prescribe HCV meds.

According to my email, you sent 1 email on 11th of Jun which I replied to on 12th Jun as follows (maybe it ended up in your SPAM) and did not get a reply. The offer remains open :-)

Hi Tommy,

what time zone are you in and when are you available. It is 4.39pm here so 8 hours before now to 4 hours after would be the window.

Yes we need your bloods and you can just email them here.

You need to register as a patient here: gp2u.com.au/register so I can book you in. Let me know your username.

Kind Regards

James

Dr James Freeman
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, pat1, mgalbrai, beaches, rohcvfighter, Meg, fitz

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20515

• Meg
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 327
Hi Cadu so happy you are here with us! Your father in law will get the best treatment through Dr Freeman and will join our SVR "club"! :cheer: Best of wishes and big abraço to you! #love
Blood transfusion in 1992 - Diagnosed in 2007
Tx naive -G1b - F1
VL 2.270.000
ALT 40
Start tx June 4th/2016 with DAAs - Sof/Led from India
Bloods on two weeks of tx (June 18th)
AST 17 - ALT 10 - GGT 19
Virus UND
Bloods on six weeks of tx (July 16th)
AST 17 - ALT 8 - GGT 12
Virus UND
EOT on August 8th (did 9 weeks and 3 days)

SVR 4 Virus UND (September 7th)
AST 13 - ALT 5

SVR 14 Virus UND (November 12th)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, rohcvfighter, fitz, Cadu

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20517

• fretboard
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Defender-Against Big Pharma!
  • Thank you received: 340
Hi Cadu,
Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place to get help. You're gonna be amazed, and your Father in Law is gonna be amazed as well!! Good luck!!

G1a dx'd in 1992, Biopsy F2 VL 8mill +. Tried tx with Interferon/Riba, back in 2008 didn't last long it felt horribly ugly!! I stopped tx, after 5 weeks!!
Started tx 6/1/16 with Harvoni.
12 Month Labs= UND
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Meg, fitz, Cadu

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20524

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Cadu,

Welcome. Well done for finding the best place for the father-in-law to receive treatment and well done Meg for being the connector.

My journey also started with Dr Freeman through GP2U and you couldn't be in more professional or safer hands. Good luck.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: rohcvfighter, Meg, fitz, Cadu

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20530

• nads
  • Thank you received: 309
H Cadu,
I am new to this forum too and just received my meds yesterday. Just waiting to sort a couple of appointments out before I get started. i feel so very fortunate to be here with all these wonderful sharing people. Your Father in law is lucky to have you in his life he sounds like he is having a rough time. I wish him and you well on his journey to regaining his health. Lots of love to you for being such a caring person it is a fine atribute in this world of ours!!!!! Hope good things will happen real soon for your family. #love
Diagnosed Hep C genotype 1b early 1990's. Treated 1998 peg Interferon/Riba non responder :-(( Meds stopped after 4 or 5 months.
Fibroscan April 2013- 7.3kPa repeated May 2015- 5.8kPa mild scaring
May 2015 ALT 59 AST 56
21/7/2016 ALT 36 AST 44 BIL14
VL 939000
thanks FixhepC +Monkmed started Sof/Led 16/8/2016. :-))
OCT 3 AST33 VL UND
OCT 11 ALT 29 AST 36 VL UND
NOV 10 ALT 27 AST 37 VL UND
JAN 30 2017 ALT 23 AST 29 VL UND
SVR12 ALT 23 AST 27 VL UND!!
SVR 24 UND!!!TY EVERYONE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel, rohcvfighter, Meg, fitz, Cadu

Just emailed dr Freeman about fixing my father-in-law's HepC 7 years 8 months ago #20591

• Cadu
  • Cadu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18
Thanks everyone for your kind words!
FixHepC is an amazing place.
You guys are the best #love

We are waiting to talk with doctor Freeman because this week we are set to receive an answer from the justice system here in Brazil.
Before finding FixHepC and Meg's story, my father-in-law asked for the expensive-because-of-greed meds through the government, but they were denied. Here in Brazil our politicians prefer to get themselves rivers and rivers of money through abusive taxes and let the people die out of crime and disease, it's really sad... But then again, this whole expensive medications out of greed thing is pretty close to that, so you know how we feel. :angry:
Thankfully, there's good, empathetic people like doctor Freeman and FixHepC's members who make all the difference! #love

Anyways, he then appealed it, and now we are waiting to hear from the judge.
If it wasn't for FixHepC this would be a week of terrible anxiety... But now we know: even if the government refuses his treatment we can get the medication through FixHepC. This is SUCH a relief.

Anyway, either with the greedy medication or the cheap generics from FixHepC we will surely book an appointment with doctor Freeman!
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, mgalbrai, Gaj, Hazel, rohcvfighter, Meg, fitz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC