Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I encourage people to try this. 8 years 4 months ago #1930

Well done wombat. I've officially lost count of the number of UNDs.

But Greg lives in Woodbridge. We would, however, happily have him in Franklin with the rest of the cool kids. :P
Huon Valley, Tasmania
Hep C+ since 1980s
Genotype 1b
F3/4
VL 480,000
Started Indian Sof and Riba, BMS Dac (comp access) 28 August 2015
UND at 4 weeks
Finished treatment 19 November 2015
12 February 2016 UND SVR12
The following user(s) said Thank You: WishIWasAWombat

I encourage people to try this. 8 years 4 months ago #1936

Hi Jolie

Yeh it was nasty stuff, I have a very close friend who also took it, but a trial with much higher doses of interferon. We both often said over the years we felt like something ate our "soul" or "core" lights gone out all that type of feeling... But he still carried on better than I did, he though had been cured.

I was ok pre interferon too, not perfect, but I coped, had jobs, did stuff, wanted things, needed people, even with the knowledge I was hcv positive. I put the post tx downfall down to a combo of a full life catching up to me at a very vulnerable time, plus the damage from those drugs, I withdrew from friends and family, literally became a hermit. Aside from the physical changes, I couldn't cope with people anymore either. At all. I didn't bathe or clean my house.. I moved into this house just after interferon.. Today 10 years later, I still haven't unpacked my stuff.. Just a sense of camping until I died I guess.. I went to a shrink for 2 years after, trying to find a spark again, but it just wasn't there. And after about 5 or 6 years I just started to try and accept what I had left as my lot and did/do find some very genuine peace in that.

It just dawns on me now I am cured too, it was a very bad case of loss of hope, if interferon didn't work, then nothing was going to. That's how it was a decade ago.

Something good started stirring in me again even before I got my hands on sof/dac.. It was Dr Freeman's news actually being so tangible, close and accessible. And since it has officially gone... I have had flashes back to moods of my early 20's.. That feeling of what will I do with my life.. but in a good way..

Pretty amazing, I dunno if I will become a super housekeeper and fitness freak or relaunch my old life, lol, but that blankness/pointlessness is gone and i know deep in my bones life is ok again.

Diagnosed in the early 90's, geno 3, had Interferon 2006, currently on Sofosbuvir & Daclatasvir

NO VIRUS @ 4 WEEKS of Sofosbuvir & C Daclatasvir

Still free - SVR4 and at 8 weeks too

Still free at 7 months, CURED!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dointime, Jolie, mgalbrai

I encourage people to try this. 8 years 4 months ago #1937

Thanks Chester!

Why not rename Woodbridge as Franklin Heights or Upper Franklin :)
Diagnosed in the early 90's, geno 3, had Interferon 2006, currently on Sofosbuvir & Daclatasvir

NO VIRUS @ 4 WEEKS of Sofosbuvir & C Daclatasvir

Still free - SVR4 and at 8 weeks too

Still free at 7 months, CURED!!

I encourage people to try this. 8 years 4 months ago #1938

So we'll put Wombat, Thank-you. I have not treated yet but my 'lights have been out' for the past few years too, however, now they are starting to flicker again. ......
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13