Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #469

• Phoenix
  • Phoenix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 84
From the moment I walk out the doctor's door with my script, to the moment when the tested, compounded Chinese meds arrive in the post, how long does it take?

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #471

• Sirchinenge
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
Its an interesting question I think it depends on if your in Australia or if its being shipped to where ever.

The process is new, there is work ongoing that will update you and when you once your order has being placed.

I'll go out on a limb and say a few weeks Ill talk to Dr freeman about this.

Firstly, you have to send in your Med history,consent form/payment, once that's done the process starts.
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #551

• Phoenix
  • Phoenix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 84
I live in Queensland. Currently trying to find a doctor here who will prescribe. Thinking about waiting to see what happens with the PBS in November. If PBS won't fund me then, I'll want to go with buyer's club. I need to arrange 3 months long service leave with work very soon, and I'm wondering exactly when to start the leave.

If I have a script by the end of November, will I be able to get the drugs in time to start my leave and treatment at the beginning of January? Or is that leaving it a bit tight? Should I go for mid-January or February?

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #556

• emilio
  • In the field of opportunity its ploughing time
  • Thank you received: 475
Hi Phoenix

Well my api's took all of 3 days to arrive from China to customs and then another 2 weeks from customs to Tassie/testing/compounding etc. So if in Australia I would say 3 weeks. Em
Geno 1b F2/3 snce early 80s. Treated in 2008_9 for 63 weeks on INF/Riba. Commence Sof/Dac on 6 October 2015 and completed 18 weeks of tx. UND at 4-6 weeks, UND at EOT, SVR 2, SVR 6 and SVR 12 on 6 May 2016.

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #571

• Sirchinenge
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
I think, I'll be starting treatment a few weeks after,Em. We have have similar Geno types and fiber scans will
be very interesting to see the results once treatment starts.

Excited to end this disease.
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #572

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
  • 2 weeks best case
  • 3-4 weeks typical case
  • 6 weeks worst case (on record)

So taking Emilio as an example. It took 3 days China to Aus and clear of customs, but our worst case was 3 weeks with most of the delay in customs. BTW China has a lot of holidays: www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

Also with Emilio last week the NMR we use broke when the liquid N2 compressor died. That took a week to fix, so the tests took over a week although 24-48 hours is more typical.

Compounding happens Tuesday and Thursday and Aust post takes 1 day for Express Post to capital cities but longer if you live outside.

Unfortunately the personal importation laws mandate that nothing happens until you "pull the trigger" and set up the personal import. After that lots of stuff has to happen to make the medication appear in your mailbox.

So for Emilio it was fast to import, slow to test, average to compound.

I've looked at the records for Emilio and our first contact (email) was 1 September and medication was to delivered on the 30th.

So 2-6 weeks, average 3-4 weeks is the reality.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy, Bloot

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #575

This week is going to be start of China's long holidays.

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #576

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
You won't need leave. You will feel better than you have within 7 days of starting treatment, unless you're F4 and need Riba in which case I withdraw that but do say you will feel much better than if you were having PEG, and should still be able to work but won't feel 100%
YMMV

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #595

• emilio
  • In the field of opportunity its ploughing time
  • Thank you received: 475
I guess 4 weeks is better that waiting another 6 months and paying today's amount of $80,000, I feel blessed that this opportunity has come my way. Although can I say that desperate heppers will do almost anything to get themselves in the position to treat with the best at that particular time. Just look at klhilde's efforts over the past few weeks, it just blows my mind the amazing people I have met over the past 10 years in my journey to cure this disease. Having done extended IFN/Riba/PI tx previously (63 weeks) I wonder in amazement how some did 96 and longer weeks to ultimately fail tx and remember this was chemotherapy, essentially. E m
Geno 1b F2/3 snce early 80s. Treated in 2008_9 for 63 weeks on INF/Riba. Commence Sof/Dac on 6 October 2015 and completed 18 weeks of tx. UND at 4-6 weeks, UND at EOT, SVR 2, SVR 6 and SVR 12 on 6 May 2016.

How long does it take to get buyers club meds? 8 years 6 months ago #596

you can laugh at this one.had chemotherapy 27 yrs ago.half way through had very low blood count and needed 2 units of blood.thats why ime here now.always look on the bright side eh.
gt3 started sof dac jan 2016 now 48 wks svr. not the real wilko johnson just have the same real name. shropshire uk
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC