Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2473

• panamajo
  • panamajo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 32
Need some advice please. I am a geno 1a stage 4 cirrhosis. This is my 5th time treating. I am on Sofo/Dac + Riba for 24 weeks. I just came across an article that say's this regime is not recommended. Tomorrow I start my 4th week and go for a PCR the week after. I'm out here on a limb in Panama with not much help from any Dr. Although I did manage a script from him, but he has no real experience with Hep C., so I am playing my own Dr. and treating myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Joanne

hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2015/10/...nza-daclatasvir.html

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2474

• emilio
  • In the field of opportunity its ploughing time
  • Thank you received: 475
Hi Jo

This is the right treatment for you, some are opting out of the riba. However, based on what I know and in relation to your fibrosis and tx experience, this is spot on for you. I've heard others say this and believe there are so old outdated recommendations floating about. 3 weeks in hey, I'm thinking you'd be clear or there abouts. Good luck and relax hey. Em
Geno 1b F2/3 snce early 80s. Treated in 2008_9 for 63 weeks on INF/Riba. Commence Sof/Dac on 6 October 2015 and completed 18 weeks of tx. UND at 4-6 weeks, UND at EOT, SVR 2, SVR 6 and SVR 12 on 6 May 2016.

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2475

Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2476

Ditto.

I think the recommended/not recommended in that article pertains to $s not what is recommended from a purely medical point of view. But I think you may have misread the table too (not hard to do- it isn't very clear).

To me it says that if you're geno 1 with compensated cirrhosis and interferon ineligible/intolerant, then it is recommended.
Huon Valley, Tasmania
Hep C+ since 1980s
Genotype 1b
F3/4
VL 480,000
Started Indian Sof and Riba, BMS Dac (comp access) 28 August 2015
UND at 4 weeks
Finished treatment 19 November 2015
12 February 2016 UND SVR12

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2484

Me too.

If I remember right, before discounts to various insurers, in the US Harvoni is $94,500 ... while Sovaldi alone is $84,000 and Daklinza is $60,000 for a total of $144,000.

Assuming a similar price ratio in England, and assuming the government is picking up the tab, they'll advise for Harvoni. And I also wonder how old this recommendation is .... interferon is still on there, and it shouldn't be!

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2485

I was discussing this with my wife today that some approved drug recomendations being the more frugal option, not nesseserily the best.
Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2488

There are a couple of people on fb group type 1a using sof + dac and even riba. Their results are quite good (undetectable at week 4) do continue with your treatment please. Refer to Dr freeman's cheat sheet for monitoring if your gp do not know what to do

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2509

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
You are on a good treatment. See: www.hepatitisc.uw.edu/pdf/treatment-infe...e-1/core-concept/all and page 8/21 Personally I would be on 24 weeks Sof/Led for the reduced sides but 24 weeks Sof/Dac is equivalent and the Riba is a mild booster - don't panic if you have to drop/reduce to dose of Riba.

Here are the stats about VL=0 versus time on treatment:

fixhepc.com/forum/experts-corner/287-vir...-what-to-expect.html
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: tweakmax

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2512

The AASLD updated their guidelines recently:

www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/retrea...r-therapy-has-failed

dt

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2522

Thank you to all for posting the latest guidlines,and best wishes to PanamaJo on your journey,but there is something that puzzles me.
It seems the evidence is there that in this particular case sof dac riba for 24 wks is a recommended tx.
But one presumes that by wk 12 vl is 0, amd continuing for another 12 wks is a proven choice when cirrohsis is present.
But why add the riba for the extra 12wks.I would presume that by this time the continued use of riba , considering it is a very weak DAA is adding very little compared to the first 12wks of its use.When one considers the negative side effects of riba on the rest of the body,is its continued use justified?I have so far been unable to find any statistical evidence justifying its use beyond 12wks,or is just wild speculation that excessive overkill is best,without any real data.
If the data is there I would love someone to point to it.
Gen 1b 40yrs,tx naive, f3/f4.VL too high to quantify.
Started tx 12Oct.sof and riba India via greg.Dac from Mesochem.
4wk result virus not detected,all liver functions in normal ranges.
Only SE intermittent insomnia.Feel great and grateful otherwise

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2524

www.clinicaloptions.com/Hepatitis/Treatm...nagement_Slides.aspx

You need to register for free with this site to get the slides.

While this set of slides does not exactly answer your question, it does provide a lot of detail on the treatment of cirrhotics. All the slides I looked at showed that if ribavirin was used at all then it was used for 24 weeks. Maybe there is no good clinical reason for that, just the way the trials were designed that produced the data. I don't know.

dt

Help. Am I taking the right meds? 8 years 4 months ago #2527

• panamajo
  • panamajo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 32
Thank you, everyone, for responding. I feel much better now. I know I read reams of info before purchasing, but when I saw the article, panic set in. I was really hoping tp do 12 weeks of Riba, but think I will stay on it for the 24 weeks. The big Liver meeting is this weekend, so hopefully more data will be coming our way. Once again, thank you all!
Joanne
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC