• Page:

TOPIC:

time of day to take medication 8 years 4 months ago #3003

• 2b
  • 2b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
On the medicine I got from the pharmacy it says "take before bedtime", which I did while in Australia. Now, staying on that same real time schedule, my 'just before bedtime' has become early in the morning US time.

Does it matter much when you take it? I sort of prefer taking it in the morning as I think it is less likely to keep me awake that way, maybe some other people have this question also?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"

time of day to take medication 8 years 4 months ago #3025

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Take the medication daily at roughly the same time each day, with or without food.

To change from morning to evening go morning, lunch, evening

To change from evening to morning go evening, lunch morning.

If you forget to take and it is < 20 hours late, take the dose.

If you forget and it is 20-24 hours late, skip the missing dose and just have the next dose at the usual time.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix

time of day to take medication 8 years 4 months ago #3062

• gary
  • Thank you received: 41
Dr Freeman, I have a question about changing times if it isn't too much of an imposition. I am using the Mesochem Sof & Dac. My 16 day blood tests were: AST down from 74 to 23, ALT down from 140 to 21, and viral load down from 5.6 L.IU/mL to 2.2 L.IU/mL. All other tests that you mentioned, PT-INR, Creatinine, Bilirubin, etc., have improved and were/are in the normal range. I have basically no side effects other I I find I have trouble getting to sleep. I am now on day 23. I would like to switch from night to morning. How many days do I need to take to make the switch? I am thinking to do it over a one week period but not sure if that is enough time? I would be grateful if you could advise. Regards, Gary

time of day to take medication 8 years 4 months ago #3064

• Alsdad
  • Thank you received: 294
If I'm reading the Doc's post above yours right Gary, you take a dose the following lunchtime, then the following morning, then continue taking it in the morning. A little bonus of shortening your treatment by one day too!

time of day to take medication 8 years 4 months ago #3065

• gary
Thanks Alsdad, I wasn't sure if it could be done quite so quickly or if I needed to give the body a few days to get used to the change. Much appreciated! Regards, Gary

time of day to take medication 8 years 4 months ago #3069

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi Gary,

Just do this:

DayTime
0evening
1lunch
2morning

There is nothing wrong with stepping back -2 hours a day like 2000, 1800, 1600, 1400, 1200, 1000, 0800 but it's really not required - these medications are not like the mini pill where you really do need to take it within 3 hours of the same time every day. You have 20 hours of wiggle room and you are only using 6 if you go evening -> lunch -> morning

All your numbers are tracking OK and in line with reasonable expectations. I'm guessing GT3 ?
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Another Attempt

time of day to take medication 8 years 4 months ago #3074

• gary
Dr Freeman, thanks very much for the speedy reply. Yes, I am GT3.

Just want to add that I think you folks are doing everyone a fantastic service! Regards, Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Life
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC