• Page:

TOPIC:

8 week liver functions up slightly from 4 weeks 8 years 2 months ago #7173

• 2b
  • 2b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
Just got 8 week bloods drawn, waiting for the viral load part, to come in, but looking at the other tests that came in same day I was a little concerned to see some things that appear to be going in the wrong direction from the 4 week results after beginning treatment,,

does this look bad to you guys ?
(we write the month day year, here for dates)
I was hoping for these things to stay the same or go down, but I didn't expect an upward movement.

12/3/15: ALT 25 1/6/16 ALT 32
AST 26 AST 28
BUN 15 BUN 19
Albumin 4.0 Albumin 4.5

as another point of reference, in 2013 ALT was 86, AST 67, in 2014 ALT was 56, AST 51. I had one AST at 135 in 2009 that seems to be the worst I have records for.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"

8 week liver functions up slightly from 4 weeks 8 years 2 months ago #7176

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Entirely insignificant. It looks like you were slightly dehydrated when the blood was drawn but these numbers change a bit from day to day, and in fact you get different reading in the morning and at night....

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545081/figure/F1/
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, coral, 2b, Lynne-Francis-facebook

8 week liver functions up slightly from 4 weeks 8 years 2 months ago #7180

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thank you Dr. Freeman, that's a relief. I sent you a private message, my gastroenterologist saw me today and was all enthused about finding out more info for generics for her patients that are being denied treatment. She knew 8 weeks ago I was going for this,and even wrote me a generic prescription in case it would be helpful for customs. I think she has been waiting to see how I did before she decided this was a good thing. now she's seen the results with her own eyeballs I think she's a believer, I wrote her and gave her all the website info and told her there seemed to be more options now as regarding sources and delivery to US than when I went 8 weeks ago. Maybe she will be in touch and can help some more people get better up here. Thanks again for your help and advice.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alsdad, coral, zhuk, Hazel

8 week liver functions up slightly from 4 weeks 8 years 2 months ago #7236

Ooooh, I like it when they see the results and get "all enthused". Right response.
Huon Valley, Tasmania
Hep C+ since 1980s
Genotype 1b
F3/4
VL 480,000
Started Indian Sof and Riba, BMS Dac (comp access) 28 August 2015
UND at 4 weeks
Finished treatment 19 November 2015
12 February 2016 UND SVR12

8 week liver functions up slightly from 4 weeks 8 years 2 months ago #7283

Hi 2b, I had a short chat here in PM with Tim of MonkMed a few days ago.

MonkMed is looking for generic prescribing doctors in the US and wants to find at least one in every state. If your doctor is willing to be named please get her and Tim together to work out details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy

8 week liver functions up slightly from 4 weeks 8 years 2 months ago #7288

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
Wow that is a promising development, klhilde - from the contact I've had with Monkmed they are incredibly helpful. If they can get this up and running the benefits for US heppers will be immense :)
GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26
The following user(s) said Thank You: MonkMed

8 week liver functions up slightly from 4 weeks 8 years 2 months ago #7356

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'll mention it to her, she is part of a large group practice and I know they have their overriding "policies", whatever those might be, I know the GP I see there for routine things, is not too happy with the 'management' sometimes. I'll pass on the info to my gastroenterologist--- who knows, maybe she will.

How is MonkMed doing with that goal? do they have generic friendly doctors in many states so far or are they hitting a lot of resistance?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC