The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8552

• dtdwfhpc
  • dtdwfhpc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Sorry that my username turned out that way lol. dtdw is my nickname and fhpc is used as reference to the site name. I always do this because I had too many forum and pw so as to not confuse myself.

Anyway, I apologize if I had created a 'war' here, all because we're getting screwed by Gilead and their stupid practices. Coupled with corrupted politicians. See, that's where we as a community comes in, to spread awareness that 'hey, we don't have to pay 84k USD for a treatment !' . See, many rejoice because we found it for 1K USD as of now. Can we then also spread the news that 'hey, now the price is at xxx amount cheaper, how many more will rejoice?

Where else can we debate (or discuss) about pricing if not in the forum? The media or Gilead's marketing? Politicians? No. It's us, the buyers at forums. We were the only ones that can do it.

If you have closed out any form of discussion, then people (like me) will just go straight to purchasing it because you know, it's so freaking cheap, without 2nd thought. My entire family was like rejoicing when they saw the price of at around 700 USD.

I sincerely thank this community for your effort in this direction of having a cautious attitude. Because of that, I went and purchased Twinvir instead. But why didn't I end it there? Because I want to do a part in helping my own country. I know many are not as fortunate as my family.

I can go on and on, but we must have a conclusion somewhere. Here's my proposal. Can I recommend someone trustworthy in this forum to start a funding campaign, and we all chip in some money to buy the meds that we've found so far, and send it to Dr James for lab test? I'm sure there will be objections in this practice, but hey, it's really up to us as a community. I can't say yes, and all shall follow my lead. Neither can anyone here say trust me, and everyone has to trust him. Some of us tend to treat someone here as God. When Greg says it is, then nobody questions him. I asked him about this company, he says he has never heard of them. So is his word the alpha and omega? No, I don't think so.

What we should be trusting in, is the data. We have the technology. My suggestion will, hopefully, make that data available to the public to make informed decision using data, not someone's 'word'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Gaj

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8557

A good debate is healthy. Keeps the old neurons in gear and gets everything out there for all to see.
Mike
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8565

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8567

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
dtdwfhpc,

Apology for username accepted. ;)

There is no need to apologise for your questions creating this debate. As Mike says, debate is healthy and these issues need to be discussed. And this site, unlike most, allows the discussions to occur in public so that everyone can see and understand what is at stake. (Although, at the end of the day the site owner gets to decide what the site's policy is with regard to recommending sources, as does Greg for his sources.) Sometimes the debate will get heated because there are a lot of passionate people involved here but despite the differing views of how to achieve it we are all committed to helping people to treat their HCV with these new DAA medications, at an affordable price rather than the extortionate levels that big pharma has attempted to apply.

As in any passionate debate it may sometimes be advisable to step back and take a breath away from the heat of the moment but I think that as long as we can keep our focus on working through the issues and not resort to name calling and insults then we are all good! :)
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8568

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
I also understand your wish to help your fellow countrymen with lower priced medications but there is a need to ensure their safety and efficacy as well. Obviously the price/risk ratio is far easier to meet for those in higher income countries but I would hate to see a situation where people were suggesting that different risk factors be applied to residents of different countries depending on their income. I don't believe that is what we should be aiming for in the future.
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8589

I think you will find that the meds from the companies listed in Pharmas market have all been tested the trouble is all the different marketers. There will probably be hundreds if not 1000's of mobs popping up selling these medications and if they appear to be cheap they could be a bit suss.

I did hear of a story where a seller put forward some meds for testing then when the big order was placed it fell through. This wasn't here but someone connected.
Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Gaj

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8592

Interesting. Do we still have just the one testing facilty? ie Australia?
Has anyone in the UK progressed with this?
Do we have an official UK testing place?

Does India have an official testing place? (May be cheaper for us due to exchange rate?)
Are any other countries for that matter?

Really, the UK need to step it up up in this area.
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8614

"Really, the UK need to step it up up in this area. "

The UK needs to step it up, period.
dt

Do you trust Resof-L by Dr Reddy's ? 8 years 2 months ago #8617

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
We use 3 facilities - Hobart, Sydney and Hong Kong.

Just a reminder that we published all the testing data done by NMI including a full range of NMR specrta here:

fixhepc.com/blog/item/16-testing-provisions-patient-safety.html

In English that means bugger all work to do from first principles. All the data is there, so all that is required is access to the required machines. Universities often do contract work to supplement meagre research budgets so if anyone was looking to do it approaching the organic chemistry department at your local university would be the place to start.
YMMV
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC