Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to FixHepC
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Beginning of my Journey 6 years 10 months ago #24595

Hello everyone! So, just a couple of weeks ago I was posting about how worried I was about going through this process. I was worried that this wasn't a legit website, and that no one could possibly care this much to help other people be free of Hep C. Well, yesterday I recieved my medication, and I just took my second dosage. I am taking Sofosbuvir/Declatasvir. No side affects yet, except for the need to drink lots of water. I slept better last night than I have in a very long time and I am hoping this continues and I don't develop the insomnia that others have experienced. I am genotype 3, the type that is harder to cure, but I have hope, and I am expecting to buy another round of medication to be rid of this for good. I can't even put into words how gracious I am to the doctor and others that are responsible for this program. One day I will hopefully be able to say it how I want to, but right now, just thank you. I was diagnosed with Hep C in December of 2015 after years and years of drug abuse, I had been clean for about 6 years when I was hit with this bomb. After I had gotten clean, went back to school, and did everything I could to change my life for the better, I was dealing with the negligence of those drug addicted years. I literally think back at those times in my life and cringe. Who was that person? Once I look at my paperwork and find my medical info that other users post, I will make another post with that information so to help other people that may be going through this similiar process. I have researched over the counter meds, etc. that can interact with my medication but I was unable to find out about birth control, such as Mononessa and its interaction with my medication, if any. Does anyone have any info on that? I took it yesterday evening and my heart seemed to beat a little fast for about an hour. Kinda worried me a little. I don't have to take the birth control, it is just used as an aid with menstrual symptoms and I can stop taking it without fear of getting pregnant. If anyone has info about that I would appreciate it. Anyway, here is the beginning of my journey. I pray I am on the good side of the odds.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Iain, Mnem

The Beginning of my Journey 6 years 10 months ago #24596

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
Hi Heatherlou30, If you use the Sof and Dac buttons then under 'drug class' add something like Contraceptive and hormone... under 'Drug Class' and click search on the drug interaction hyperlink that is on the GP cheat sheet tab on this site, you will see it is okay to proceed with your hormone regulation. All the best!

:+1:
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, heatherlou30

The Beginning of my Journey 6 years 10 months ago #24598

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Hi Heatherlou30,

Congratulations on starting treatment. :) Here is the Liverpool University drug interactions checker hypelink that Mnem referred to www.hep-druginteractions.org/checker
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mnem, heatherlou30

The Beginning of my Journey 6 years 10 months ago #24600

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello Heatherlou30,

The ingredients of oral contraceptives don't interact.

Here is the interactions report for the standard OCP (ethinyestradiol and norethisterone). Yours has norgestimate (which is not listed in the interactions checker) but is similar to norethisterone.

It will not be a problem, but you can get problems with any medications you take, so do keep us updated if you feel NQR (Not Quite Right).

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

YMMV
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mnem, heatherlou30

The Beginning of my Journey 6 years 10 months ago #24605

One more question. I read somewhere that I can't drink energy drinks while taking hep c medication. Is that true? I usually drink a few a week when I have early class. Thanks again for answering my questions and helping me throughout this process.

The Beginning of my Journey 6 years 10 months ago #24606

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
Heatherlou30, I will assume that what you call an energy drink is the same as in my part of the world:) Most so-called energy drinks are water, sugars (or sugar-substitute), food acids, flavour, caffeine and CO2 bubbles. Some have other ingredients such as guarana, and a few B-vitamins added. Guarana metabolises to a caffeine-like molecule that passes through the same metabolic paths as caffeine. From what I have read on this forum, caffeine is a weak inhibitor of DAAs.
In other words, unless you drink more than one or two 'energy drinks' each day then they will not affect your Dac. If you need a boost some mornings, then in terms of dental health due to the acids in these sodas, coffee would be a better choice. Unless you dislike coffee. Cheers!
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!

The Beginning of my Journey 6 years 10 months ago #24607

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Hi Heatherlou30,

please read the following post, it does contain a strong warning about energy drinks containing taurine
fixhepc.com/forum/experts-corner/714-tau...t-failure.html#10953

I hope it helps,

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Iain, Mnem

The Beginning of my Journey 6 years 10 months ago #24608

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello Heatherlou30,

Yes, while taking Daclatasvir you should not take anything with TAURINE in it which includes most of the common energy drinks, but not Coke and Pepsi which only have caffeine.

This is important because it may reduce the levels of daclatasvir and lead to treatment failure.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Mnem, gypsy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC