Welcome to FixHepC
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cleared Hep C after 34 years 6 years 10 months ago #24787

• Dixieleeg
  • Dixieleeg's Avatar Topic Author
  • I survived All
  • Thank you received: 9
Howdy ya'll! I had Hep c for over34 years. I am a Hep C (5) protocol survivor.Its been 2 years since i cleared! Hep c caused hi cholesterol ( over 500).i had double bypass surgery at 50y/o. My viral load exceeded 5- 10 million more often than not. But i survived. I learned that I am stronger than disease an events of trauma .I will read an answer as I can. The meds today are a lot different than what I took.I am on medicaid an each state has problems meeting budget costs for meds. Florida was wonderful to me.I never heard " No" . That may not be the case now.I do know people here in this part of Colorado have problems getting treated .Thank you for this forum.None of this was available when I got the letter from RedCross.Then Hep c was called Non A/Non B.I am so thankful
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, mgalbrai, Matt-Kenney-google, Donna, 2bornot2b, Mnem

Cleared Hep C after 34 years 6 years 10 months ago #24789

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Welcome to the forum Dixieleeg.
YMMV

Cleared Hep C after 34 years 6 years 10 months ago #24793

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Dixieleeg and Welcome,

Thanks for sharing your story. I can see that you have had a few health challenges. I also had HepC for a long time and remember that letter from the Red Cross very well.
I recently cleared on the new medication (still waiting for the 24 week post treatment milestone) but all kudos to you for clearing the virus under that older and much tougher treatment regime.
Hopefully we can keep sharing our stories and spreading the word.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Fara, Mnem
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC