• Page:

TOPIC:

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5728

• DrJames
  • DrJames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
So I decided to do a bit of analysis with the limited data available.

You can find it here: fixhepc.com/blog/item/32-pbs-listing-hea...-in-the-details.html

And here is a spreadsheet that lays out a possible reality:

File Attachment:

File Name: HCVWithinA...tion.zip
File Size:15 KB

Make of it what you will, but it looks like there might be a little more optimism than is reasonably justified, unless of course the government has pulled a rabbit out of the hat and negotiated a payment cap.
YMMV
Attachments:

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5731

Looks a bit like NHS England senario, except we have less funds and are judged on a varity of things for treatment.
They want to guarantee a steady flow of money coming in for some years for sure as your calculation shows.

Still, the more options, the better hey?

Keep up the good fight !
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5733

Exactly James.
I am dismayed at the the Hepatitis Council's blatant acceptance of this announcement as watershed.

It shows that the leopard has not changed it's spots. Something I thought we might have been able to achieve.

If, in fact, normal GPs like yourself (sorry, you are not really normal at all), will be able to write scripts, then the system will be overloaded. No way are Gilead going to pay for tens of thousands of cures over and above 6,600 per year.

I suggest you purchase a fibroscanner because that is going to be where the triage starts. It will take forever to get one done.

By the way, I have just finished my SofDac course. I had the shakes by the end of it but after three days they are nearly gone. Doing my SVR4 check in late January.

Thanks again.
G1 58yo F1 54,000 viral load Relapser 2003/4 Sof/Dac started 21/9/2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: zhuk

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5740

I hope they didn't swap the hen for a dozen eggs.....
Mike
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5764

Just hope the deal the Gov't has done with Big Pharma doesn't include a caveat to crack down on the importation of Hep C Generics.
No way the figures stack up in the short term.Methinks the Buyers Club is going to be needed for a long time yet.
Big Pharma has long tentacles and sharp claws.
Gen 1b 40yrs,tx naive, f3/f4.VL too high to quantify.
Started tx 12Oct.sof and riba India via greg.Dac from Mesochem.
4wk result virus not detected,all liver functions in normal ranges.
Only SE intermittent insomnia.Feel great and grateful otherwise
The following user(s) said Thank You: zhuk

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5768

miko3 wrote: <snip>
Big Pharma has long tentacles and sharp claws.

It's very true but that's one helluva mixed metaphor, Miko. :lol:
Huon Valley, Tasmania
Hep C+ since 1980s
Genotype 1b
F3/4
VL 480,000
Started Indian Sof and Riba, BMS Dac (comp access) 28 August 2015
UND at 4 weeks
Finished treatment 19 November 2015
12 February 2016 UND SVR12

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5771

• Chapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
My 2c worth on why the numbers seem nonsense: Cairns Dr Darren Russell told me on treatment w/o borders facebook site that he and GPs he has spoken to around the country are preparing to write scripts for Hep C patients which can be filled after March 1. He says there has been no official mention of triage and there must have been a significant Cap deal struck which throws the `risk' of budget blowout back to big pharma - I am paraphrasing but it is the gist - soooo, if the $121m for 2015/16 is the spend limit, and whatever per dose price has been struck, the drug companies seem to have a lot of underwriting to do. Do they care about upsetting price deals made in the US and Europe? No, each market gets its own deal.
And what has Australia done to make it such a special case deserving of big pharma generosity? I think becoming a world centre for trusted generic sourcing has something to do with it. That and other promising drugs under development.
M, 57, Live in Wellington,NZ.
Genotype 1a diagnosed in 2013.
Treating for the first time since October 31 with Buyers Club Sof/Led. Thanks so much guys. Minimal side effects apart from sore throat at the start..
Viral load 5.4m when treatment started, Undetected at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, End of Treatment and 12-weeks post EOT. Yay!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy, Vororo, Chejai, Ariel, zhuk

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5772

• Joy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 265
Yes Dr Russell sounds very enthusiastic about the news and is busy preparing for 1 March. He wants his region Hep C free asap.
Hope he's right.
NSW Australia. Genotype 1b 30+ years, F0-F1, VL 91,000 Feb 2015 (740,000 in 2010), Tx naive.
Ordered Sof/Dac from Buyers Club 21 Sept, received 14 Oct.
Virus UNDETECTED at 3 weeks AND 12 weeks (EOT) AND SVR4 AND SVR12 AND SVR24. :-)
A thousand thankyous to Dr James and the amazing FixHepC team.

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 3 months ago #5773

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
I think you're close to the mark there, Chapel...what indeed makes Aust a standout case amongst the rest of the first-world, if we will really secure "universal access"? The whole deal can only be speculated upon; no doubt it comes under "commercial-in-confidence" provisions (alas no FOI here, Mike!), but yeah. Whole lotta underwriting for sure if so.

And what has Australia done to make it such a special case deserving of big pharma generosity? I think becoming a world centre for trusted generic sourcing has something to do with it. That and other promising drugs under development.

Well said.
GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vororo

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 2 months ago #6791

It does seem so far as if the Hep councils did know what they were talking about. There probably will be some glitches in the roll out but all in all it has rolled out as predicted except with a small delay in the original December announcement.

Australian PBS Listing - Follow the Money 8 years 2 months ago #6796

I think the generics played a big part in the final deal. My gut instinct is a Turnbull tactic. Abbott wouldn't have pulled it off. And I still think the Hep organisations should have the pathways to generics on their website as soon as it got rolling. So much energy and bickering was wasted. Everyone was surprised at the announcement. Now the campaign is to get everyone treated at the drug company's expensive. We owe it to the people who died waiting for the greedy bastards to back down from their extortion. Happy New Year. kindly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy, Enkel, Chejai, Ariel, zhuk
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC