Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18777

• panamajo
  • panamajo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 32
Hello Everyone
Just got my results yesterday and after 5 attempts of treatment, I have finally cleared! I'm a geno 1a F4 and did Sol/Dac and Riba. Special thanks to Dointime, Dr Freeman and Greg Jeffery's for your inspiration, encouragement and advice. I'm so happy I could just pinch myself!

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18778

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
Fantastic news, Joe!

Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: panamajo, pat1

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18779

• pat1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 977
Congratulations, I hear your happiness!!, #flower
wonderful news
#magic
gt 1a VL 6m
F2/3 FibroScan - 9KPa in 2011 and 7KPa in 2015
sof/dac 10 December for 12 weeks
pre tx alt 85 ast 51
4 wk alt 34 ast 31 UND <35
8 wk alt 29 ast 32 UND <15
12wk alt 25 ast 25 EOT 3.3.16
SVR24 UND KPa5.3 F0 in normal range
I am well
.forever grateful to fixhepc
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, fitz

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18782

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Wonderful news Panamajo! :woohoo:

So glad to hear that you finally achieved your dream. :cheer:

#dance
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18783

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
#magic #magic
Fifth attempt! Panamajo, it is tough cookies like you that get the research done for the rest of us. You did it! very encouraging, a friend is on fifth go too.
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18786

Congratulations.... hopefully it will be my turn to clear them too......

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18788

You go Joe! Right on! Gotta love that! They say 3rd times the charm .... whaduh "they" know? Number 5!!!! We got a WINNER!!!

GT1a; Got it some time in the 70's; Diagnosed @1976
Tx naive
METAVIR: A2-F2
SOT May 18, 2016: CMP: AST 162 ALT 241 VL 13000000
3 weeks after SOT: AST 27 ALT 31 VL 138
Reached EOT Aug. 10, 2016 / Received svr4 results Sept. 20, 2016: AST 22 ALT 24
Hep C RNA "NOT DETECTED"
AS OF 3/20/2017 ,Hep C RNA PCR "NOT DETECTED" THAT'S SVR24!
Attachments:

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18797

Hey Panamajo, So pleased to read your happy news - Congratulations :cheer: :+1:
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18799

• cheese
  • Thank you received: 244
Thats awesome news

Congratulations :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
GT 1a
VL 4.9M
F0-1
Since Late 60's
Meds Cipla SOF/LED
Start June 7, 2016

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18802

Hi Jo, I'm gonna tell you a little story you might find interesting.

Way, way back in sofosbuvir history now ... when I saw the price Gilead was setting on their drug, I knew I wouldn't be getting it through insurance. I recognized that the price would dictate rationing and I wasn't sick enough. And to top it off I was new to the health plan and they could dismiss my case as a pre-existing condition and make me wait a couple years at least to get it.

As soon as the news broke about India possibly rejecting Gilead's patent I knew what I would be doing .... medical tourism. I scoured the internet looking for anything I could find on when those drugs would be available. I searched out articles by Brook Baker and found Fierce Pharma's website (which I swear was knocked down or somehow inaccessible to me for a while) and basically anything that talked about Hep C generics in India.

In one of those searches I came across a forum post ... if I remember correctly the forum was hosted in the UK, but I don't remember for certain. In that post, an expatriate woman living in Panama stated clearly that she would go to India to get her meds if she had to. I'm pretty sure her name was Jo. Aha! So I wasn't the only person thinking along these lines.

So, because of this "Jo" person, every so often, maybe once every month or two, I'd go back and search for people doing the medical tourism thing and kept looking to see if you'd found the answer. It was in one of those searches that I found a post about a blog ... by some guy in Australia ... who was planning to go to India to get his meds. BOOM!

I don't remember exactly where I first heard about Twinvir, maybe Greg's blog, maybe elsewhere ... but somewhere in that time frame I scheduled an appointment with a Hepatologist (two month wait,) got my blood work done and then again, somewhere in that time frame, news popped up about Mesochem (that almost certainly was from Greg's blog.) I started scheduling my trip before I even got my blood results back. Then, right before my trip, Greg mentioned about a new site with a forum and a buyer's club.

I joined this site on September 10 and asked my first question I think the next day ... about Twinvir ... post number 111. Seems like forever ago.

Now it's true that I would have found the meds eventually anyway, but I want you to know ... Finding your post that day gave me the push to start searching in earnest and in going back looking for more posts from you I found my way here. Because of your post I likely got my treatment months earlier than I would have otherwise.

So, my sincere congratulations on your successful treatment Jo, and thank you for being a part of mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynne-Francis-facebook, re_roll, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz, Sven

Another Success Story, Geno 1a 7 years 9 months ago #18826

• panamajo
  • panamajo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 32
klhilde, yes I am that lady who posted on Medhelp way back when. I'm so happy that I was part of your decision to seek treatment as well. Once I set out do something, nothing holds me back! I was calling Drs in India, scouring the net for more news when Dointime had mentioned Greg's blog. From there I came here, back when there was barely 25 people registered.

I have to say I am very lucky to live in Panama because I was in charge of my own treatment. No need to get a script for blood work or any other meds. I only got my Gastro to write a script after I paid Mesochem and that was just to clear it through customs. I love living in a country that runs on bribery. One can get anything they want. I use to think my Canadian socialized medicine was great until you have to treat. I hate the fact that the government dictates what you can or cannot do.

Now I can get on with living. My only regret was retiring too early as I thought I may only have about 10 years or so. Boy was I wrong. Heres to pinching myself again!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: emilio, klhilde, Lynne-Francis-facebook, Fara, fitz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC