Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20098

Ok, found something with the same name. They are marketed as an anti-motion sickness. There are quite a few warnings regarding interactions, so I would tread carefully and don't recommend anyone here thinking about it., not sure they make them here at all on much (confusing) reading

LG
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meg, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20099

• fitz
  • fitz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
No worries, LG. The US manufacturer appears to ship internationally. Not recommending for or against.
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Meg

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20107

• sonix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Music is life
  • Thank you received: 359
Just did a quick search about this. There are some serious possible side effects including hallucinations that you don't realize you're having, a la Datura (which I had once as a silly teenager and don't recommend). Also potentially abused by opiate users to increase effects.
DO NOT take this without consultation with your doctor.
It does not even appear to be registered for use in Australia.
M 61yo HCV+ ~ 30 yrs Gt1a F2 VL 223,000 ALT 54 AST 42 Tx start Sof/Dac 17Dec15.
SVR4 at 7Apr16 ALT 22 AST 22
SVR12 at 9Jun16 ALT 23 AST 25
Melbourne, Australia
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Gaj, beaches, Fara, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20111

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082

DO NOT take this without consultation with your doctor.

Thanks sonix, that is excellent advice. :+1:
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Fara, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20116

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here's a quick link which covers some possible side effects and contraindications: (Link removed due to erroneous content by the publishing website).

ETA: Drugs.com seems to have made an error with regard to the active ingredient. See Gaj's post below.
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20120

• Gaj
Okay, I really need to emphasise some caution here.

My chemistry is a little bit rusty but please note that the product that has just been linked does not appear to be Chlorcyclizine.

Chlorcyclizine = 1-[(4-Chlorophenyl)(phenyl)methyl]-4-methylpiperazine

However the product that is linked to is listed as:

Chlorpheniramine = 4-chlorophenyl)-N,N-dimethyl-3-pyridin-2-yl-propan-1-amine

I fully understand everyone's enthusiasm for clearing this horrible virus from our bodies and indeed feel the same way. However this thread appears to be getting perilously close to advocating use of medication combinations based on media reports and the third hand retelling of the private musings of researchers and doctors......it concerns me that this may put readers at risk so would suggest that perhaps it is time to take a step back and seek expert advice?
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, beaches, CC2B, Fara, Matt-Kenney-google

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20126

Hi Sonix, yes, this is what I found under the same name in the UK. I am not sure it's the same product? The USA product says it's for allergies, sneezing, hives and itching etc and the the UK product with the same name (drug wise, not marketing name) says it's an anti-sickness med, used also for Parkinsons and Meniers and diseases of the inner ear, also with sx warnings for hallucinations and such and with many drug interactions including alcohol. Like I said, confusing. Are they the same product? They don't sound the sameI don't know, but they have the same chemical name, so yes, caution is definitely advised until this is sorted out. It will be interesting to read the insert notes Fitz when they arrive. They sound completely different, but why the same name?

It would be very odd if the US were marketing such a med as a simple anti-histamine when it's something else? or maybe not?! If people are still on treatment, I'd be extremely wary of taking it. If the US product is simpy a antihistamine, then will need to check with an expert for interactions with HCV meds before taking.

Agree Gaj, definitely worth getting expert advise, although I don't profess to understand your chemistry diagram :lol:
The UK product I found is saved on my other computer, will dig it out later.

LG
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fara, Matt-Kenney-google

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20156

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good catch, Gaj. AHIST is in fact Chlorcyclizine - and while Drugs.com referred to the brand name AHIST, they seem to have erroneously listed side effects for a completely different drug - "Chlorpheniramine". They should be notified about this, and I will email them later today.

It appears Sonix may have looked at the same result I did when I posted the Drugs.com listed side effects. A brief search of other sources for information did not turn up any dire warnings about the same sorts of intense hallucinations one might experience from Datura, which is common here as 'Jimson Weed' (colloquially "Loco Weed"). However, the precautions, and side effects I am reading about seem similar to those for Pseudoephedrine, and other powerful antihistamines, so obviously clearly not equivalent to 'Loco Weed'.

I think it is fair to assume that any drug powerful enough to potentially suppress the replication of HCV is going to have side effects, and possibly serious side effects.

Once again, I am theorizing here, and I not in any way suggesting, or recommending that anyone should take this medication unless expressly advised to to so by their physician.

Medical advice should absolutely be sought, and common sense and an abundance of caution should be exercised when exploring any new treatment option. The point I want to make is that given the research, I think Chlorcyclizine is worth an eye level look, and should not be dismissed out of hand, or inaccurately characterized.

Alarmist statements aren't particularly helpful or truly informative. We owe it to ourselves to simply explore the facts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fara, Meg

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20158

• Meg
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 327
Hi everyone. From what I have observed and known of you guys - we are pretty much free and independent thinkers (kind of rebels actually :whistle: ) who do our own research and go after solutions and answers to challenges (such as relapses), differently than most of the population who waits - sometimes in vain - for a miracle to descend upon us. We all "have been around" and as grown ups with plenty of life experience I am sure we would not follow any a " tip" without a thorough analysis, research and talking to our doctors first. Having said that I see no danger in us discussing the benefits of adding Chlorcyclilzine in our regimen, specially as someone else has mentioned even Dr James Freeman thought about it already. It might be that it will indeed give a hand to the DAAs by stopping the Hep C virus to re-enter the cells and increasing our chances to SVR. So if you Fitz want to be the "guinea pig" :silly: in this experiment, you have all it takes to. I trust your discernment!
Blood transfusion in 1992 - Diagnosed in 2007
Tx naive -G1b - F1
VL 2.270.000
ALT 40
Start tx June 4th/2016 with DAAs - Sof/Led from India
Bloods on two weeks of tx (June 18th)
AST 17 - ALT 10 - GGT 19
Virus UND
Bloods on six weeks of tx (July 16th)
AST 17 - ALT 8 - GGT 12
Virus UND
EOT on August 8th (did 9 weeks and 3 days)

SVR 4 Virus UND (September 7th)
AST 13 - ALT 5

SVR 14 Virus UND (November 12th)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20160

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Meg wrote: Hi everyone. From what I have observed and known of you guys - we are pretty much free and independent thinkers (kind of rebels actually :whistle: ) who do our own research and go after solutions and answers to challenges (such as relapses), differently than most of the population who waits - sometimes in vain - for a miracle to descend upon us. We all "have been around" and as grown ups with plenty of life experience I am sure we would not follow any a " tip" without a thorough analysis, research and talking to our doctors first. Having said that I see no danger in us discussing the benefits of adding Chlorcyclilzine in our regimen, specially as someone else has mentioned even Dr James Freeman thought about it already. It might be that it will indeed give a hand to the DAAs by stopping the Hep C virus to re-enter the cells and increasing our chances to SVR. So if you Fitz want to be the "guinea pig" :silly: in this experiment, you have all it takes to. I trust your discernment!

Thanks Meg (you're so awesome!) :) While I would like to enhance my chances for SVR, I am not so intrepid as to not consult Dr James first, before making any changes to my treatment regimen.

He's been sort of busy lately, and I'm not in any hurry - so will give him a chance to settle back in after his ground breaking journey to Bangladesh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20194

• Gaj
Hi fitz and Meg,

Thanks. I mostly agree with both of you. This site does allow and encourage discussion about all the various aspects of HCV and its treatment including new developments and theories. Some of which are well ahead of currently accepted treatment practice.

As a result I do believe that we should always remember that we are not just discussing these issues as a small group of like minded individuals in a private chat room where everyone will immediately understand the theoretical discussion and the consequences of any actions we as individuals take. We should keep in mind that we do have an international audience many of whom may not be fluent in English and as a result are using either the language translator built into this site or Google Translate or similar. Most of these translators give a rather literal version of what is written and may not adequately cover the context of the discussion. Occassionally the translation can even be the opposite of what we really mean. Also sometimes people may not read the full thread from start to end so may miss important bits of information.

The same sort of thing applies with links to information on other sites. Please don't just assume that because it is a reputable site the information is correct, they can still make mistakes. Please check thoroughly before you post the link.*

With those points in mind please ensure that our larger audience is always aware that topics such as being discussed here are your own thoughts and frequently remind anyone thinking of following the same path that they should always seek expert medical advice before doing so.

Thanks in advance. :+1:

*Remember the old joke quoting Abraham Lincoln as saying "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet" :lol:
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Fara, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz, Sven

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20196

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Points taken, Gag. Thank you! :+1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google, Sven

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20208

• Peach
  • Thank you received: 49
I wonder why Chlorcyclizine isn't listed on the hep drug interactions website?

www.hep-druginteractions.org/checker
genotype 1a
viral load 160,000
age 29, F0, treatment naive, il28bcc
unable to function due to chronic fatigue, joint/muscle pain, low immune system, depression, anxiety, skin issues, brain fog (etc) : (
12 weeks daclatasvir/sofosbuvir started 11 march 2016 through pbs

week 4 - alt 12
week 12 - viral load undetected
svr12 - NOT DETECTED!
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20266

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I will venture a guess, and would make clear that this is only a guess. Chlorcyclizine is most likely not listed as a Hep C med because it has not yet been proven effective in human trials, and is currently not approved for treatment of Hep C.

There is at least one human study currently underway: clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02118012
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20278

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi Fitz,

I'm aware of chlorcyclizine, and also aware of some patients (who responded slowly to DAAs) using it.

Theoretically it looks ok, if you can tolerate the sedation, but it's experimental. This drug is a first generation antihistamine (like phenergan aka promethazine) and as such is quite sedating.

My attempts to contact the owners of the study clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02118012 have been met with silence.

The trial dose is double the accepted maximum dose (75 mg/day). dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.c...5b-ad7b-08c081340b12

Lethal dose is about 50mg/kg so trial dose is theoretically safe.

The mode of action is different from DAAs so, once again, theoretically, it should not make DAAs less effective and might be a useful 3rd drug.

We are in the process of getting ethics approval to run a trial in Bangladesh using Sof+Dac+Chlorocyclizine in GT3
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Gaj, beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, fitz, Peach
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC