Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20285

• fitz
  • fitz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
Thank you Dr James. As always, I am a huge fan of your work as well as being the direct recipient of the benefits of the trails you are blazing with generic DAAs.

Honestly, I was pretty upset when I realized that I had inadvertently tread into an area in which you are personally conducting serious scientific research.

That being said, the treatment I have received through the REDEMPTION 3 Trial has already changed my life for the better in ways I could not even have imagined prior to beginning treatment.

Prior to starting treatment with generic DAAs - through my HCV ravaged thought processes - I knew I needed help. I just didn't realize how narrow that window actually was, and how fortunate I am to have actually found FixHepC.

Next time my natural curiosity and personal research lead me into a potential treatment area not yet discussed on the forum, I'll drop you a line before launching a thread on the subject, to be sure.

The news about your research for GT3's is very exciting!

Thanks once again for giving me my life back, Dr James. I will never forget.

Fitz
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Hazel, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20286

Ditto on the expressions of appreciation for Dr. J. and the Redemtption 3 trials. But I am a bit confused. I'm guessing, and please pardon me if I miss my guess, or if I seem to be treading on any toes here, but I did not see where Dr. Freeman was dressing you down for your postings here. I guess maybe you got a PM in that regard or just feel obliged to respond as if you maybe should have??? :silly: (No answer necessary) It appears to me, he was answering ALL the questions raised here that are currently available to answer in a responsible manner, even revealing his current intentions to do further research.
I appreciate all that everyone, including you, has posted here.
Thanks ALL, :+1:

MK
GT1a; Got it some time in the 70's; Diagnosed @1976
Tx naive
METAVIR: A2-F2
SOT May 18, 2016: CMP: AST 162 ALT 241 VL 13000000
3 weeks after SOT: AST 27 ALT 31 VL 138
Reached EOT Aug. 10, 2016 / Received svr4 results Sept. 20, 2016: AST 22 ALT 24
Hep C RNA "NOT DETECTED"
AS OF 3/20/2017 ,Hep C RNA PCR "NOT DETECTED" THAT'S SVR24!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, beaches, Meg, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20288

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Matt-Kenney-google wrote: Ditto on the expressions of appreciation for Dr. J. and the Redemtption 3 trials. But I am a bit confused. I'm guessing, and please pardon me if I miss my guess, or if I seem to be treading on any toes here, but I did not see where Dr. Freeman was dressing you down for your postings here. I guess maybe you got a PM in that regard or just feel obliged to respond as if you maybe should have??? :silly: (No answer necessary) It appears to me, he was answering ALL the questions raised here that are currently available to answer in a responsible manner, even revealing his current intentions to do further research.
I appreciate all that everyone, including you, has posted here.
Thanks ALL, :+1:

MK

Hello Matt!

Dr Freeman has been nothing but supportive. Just incredible really. Can't say enough about how fantastic the guy is.

My distress was really just about the internal realization I had unwittingly ventured into an area Dr Freeman was quietly and seriously researching.

At the end of the day, I don't think any harm was done to the research itself - its just that if I were in his shoes, I would probably have preferred that the research had reached its conclusion before it became a matter of discussion on the forum :)
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20289

Completely understand now fitz.
Thanks,
Matt :+1:
Tx naive
Hep C RNA "NOT DETECTED"
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Hazel, Meg, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20290

Hey all, For what it's worth, I think this topic is interesting and looked into it myself, but am also aware that as Gaj says, someone may come along and not read the whole thread, so if we are unsure about something and it's a debate, we need to make it clear so there's no confusion.

Talked to a Dr re this med, he said there were some significant sx, as has been discussed already, ie serious drowsiness and you can't drive or operate machinery etc. I vaguely remember Phenegan (spelling? ) were they blue? having always suffered from allergies and we have in the UK Piriton - I can only take a quater of one of one of those off the shelf easily accessed medicines - and at night only, they act well as a sleeper! I find a quarter works the same for any hives or itching as a whole one, give me nightmares and I look ok like I've drunk a bottle of whiskey or taken a handful of sleepers ! How anyone can take the recommended 3 a day and be normal I have no idea :ohmy:

Maybe these meds come from the same 'era'? Interesting though, in relation to HepC. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20291

Couldn't agree more with you LG and with what Gaj cautions. Need some reining in from time to time m'self :lol:
This discussion is based primarily on our interest in seeing what's out there to help each other, whether we're new to the site or been around here a while, (like how I worded that to avoid offending anyone?) We do owe it to all parties concerned, to be careful not to give the impression that we're experts if we're not. Anyone can find internet information about anything and bring it to the forum.
I appreciate too what Meg had to say about the "nature" of many of us who frequent this site. We tend to accept certain risks, but try to educate ourselves and each other before we take those risks. THAT'S why I came here in the first place. I could tell almost immediately that this site was different from any I'd previously visited. Now, as to your experience with the allergy med you refer to, I'm reminded of my wife. She has the complete opposite reaction to the sfx usually included on the bottle or in the documentation of allergy meds. If it says, may cause drowsiness, she's like she's on caffeine. So, truly wise to check with your doctor before venturing into any self treatment regimens. :woohoo:

Thanks, to all responsible posters, ;)

MK - (patiently waiting for the results of Dr. Freeman's tests on this one) :lol:
Tx naive
Hep C RNA "NOT DETECTED"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Meg, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20299

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263

I'm reminded of my wife. She has the complete opposite reaction to

It's an interesting observation about the variations in how medications impact. Morphine sedates most people but it is go fast juice for horses. We give midazolam to children and while most are sedated some kids start bouncing off the walls.

The vast majority of people taking a 1st generation antihistamine will be a bit stoned from it. You do build up a tolerance so if, hypothetically, you were looking at adding this in starting on 25 mg at night to see, then 50 mg at night, then adding in a morning 25 mg and so on would be how I'd look to get to 75 mg twice a day. It is a BIG dose.

For those patients troubled by insomnia its probably not an insane choice. We use sedating medications like antihistamines (used to be quite commor for children), antidepressants (mirtazipine and amitriptyline) for some insomniacs because the useful sedation from things like temazepam disappears rapidly as tolerance builds up.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Paul-Jarman-facebook, Fara, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, fitz, Peach

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20572

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, promised I would update this thread with my personal experiences. So here goes.

Chlorcyclizine is stinky. When I removed the first pill from the blister pack the smell was sort of surprising.

Started clorcyclizine mid last week in addition to ongoing DAA treatment. This was around the time I had blood drawn for 8 week labs.

The starting dose was one 25mg tab at 8 hour intervals during the day, and a nightime dose of 50mg for a total of 100mg (or 2/3 of the trial dosage referenced in previous posts).

By Sunday I had cycled up to 150mg per day. This IS a big 24hr dose. By late afternoon I realized there was so much of the stuff in my system I could actually taste it (tastes like it smells), and decided to immediately scale back. Aside from the taste, the sedative effect was also noticeable. Was still fully functional, but glad I chose a weekend to try the 150mg dose. My personal impression is that the 150mg dose was too much.

So Sunday night, scaled back the nighly 75mg dose to 50mg, and broke a 25mg tab in half for the 8:00 AM, and 4:00 PM doses (12.5mg each).

Its Tues. and the 50mg dose at night and two 12.5mg doses during the day seem to work well for me. The nightly dose seems to help a little with sleep, and the two 12.5mg doses during the day are theoretically large enough to maintain decent serum levels, but don't seem to have the sedative effects of the larger doses.

The math for my dosing works out like this. 8:00AM 12.5mg + 4:00PM 12.5mg + 10:00 PM 50mg = 75mg per 24 hour period. So overall - the same maximum recommended dose (75mg per 24 hour period) as hay fever.

Right now I am planning to continue at this dose until 2 weeks past Sofosbuvir/Ledispavir DAA EOT. So EOT + 2 Weeks. Might stay on another couple of weeks (or longer) past that. Just haven't decided yet.

NOT recommending this to ANYONE. Simply reporting my own experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Meg

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20580

Hi Everyone - interesting discussion --
does anyone know how to buy this in the uk-- most chemists I ve contacted dont know what it is let alone have it in stock--

I d be up for trying it-- havin just completed 6 months on sof dac a week ago..

best from Bob on holiday :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meg, fitz

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20581

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi Fitz,

Thanks for the I am my own trial info!

Hi Bob,

The HCV replicons take 6 weeks to break down so for anything to have use you need 6 weeks (ish). Monotherapy with anything like DAAs is a bad idea. For chlorocyclizine it probably won't hurt because it is host based but it is unlikely to be effective.
YMMV

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20614

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

James-Freeman-facebook wrote: Hi Fitz,

Thanks for the I am my own trial info!

Hi Bob,

The HCV replicons take 6 weeks to break down so for anything to have use you need 6 weeks (ish). Monotherapy with anything like DAAs is a bad idea. For chlorocyclizine it probably won't hurt because it is host based but it is unlikely to be effective.

The "I am my own trial period" has come to a conclusion.

After receiving an 8 week UND result I decided to continue with DAAs only. Had the 8 week result been other than UND, my plan was to continue Chlorcyclizine, and possibly extend DAA therapy as well.

However, the response to DAAs alone has been excellent, and at this point I see no reason to mess with a good thing. So, will continue until EOT with DAA therapy only. If it turns out I need to re-treat I will consider going back on Chlorcyclizine at that time, but for the time being - I'm done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rohcvfighter, Meg

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20615

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Hi Fitz,

It looks like you managed to master the AK-47 HCV DAA gun and to keep the Chlorcyclizine as the last backup bullet for the HCV bastards :).

Again, congratulations for reaching UND.

P.S. I hope I am not wrong when I say that AK47 is an efficient gun - I only know it from some shooter PC games that I've seen when some kids were playing. :d.....

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved

Chlorcyclizine 7 years 8 months ago #20619

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Non-allegorically speaking, for me at least it looks like the generic DAAs (Sofosbuvir/Ledispavir) from Mylan India, through Monkmed and the REDEMPTION 3 Trials are killing the snot out of HCV without the apparent necessity of another 'magic bullet', or 3rd antiviral agent. ;)

Thanks for the well wishes RHF. Right back at you brother!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC