Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Epclusa 12 week course GT3 5 years 9 months ago #26867

• hovis
  • hovis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi Everyone,
I'm starting my treatment tomorrow with Redemption-4 Epclusa 12 week course. Was wondering if most people with GT3 need to extend the treatment for a longer period of time as is one is harder to clear?
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Epclusa 12 week course GT3 5 years 9 months ago #26870

Hovis, I can imagine how excited you are to begin treatment and how fortunate you are to have discovered this amazing organization. I was counting the days and tracking the medication daily. I also am taking Epclusa, but for 1b. I realize GT3 is more difficult to kill off, but I had mine for 50 years before I found fixhepc. I happened to have a blood draw after taking 9 of the pills and starting with a 16,000,000 viral load, it went down to 2300! After 42 pills, I am undetected. It's not over but it's awfully damn close. With this program, you will be cured but you know to follow the program. I have two suggestions; keep a daily log, you'll be amazed what you realize as your writing, and set your phone for a time of day that is best for you to take your pill. That Gerry Rafferty song, on my phone, comes on every day at 5pm. Good luck and have faith.
mrcleanrt
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Epclusa 12 week course GT3 5 years 9 months ago #26871

• hovis
Hello Mrcleanrt......Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. Yes I am counting the hours till I fly into Australia to pick up my meds. I do feel fortunate to have found Dr Freeman which was only by chance, can you believe it!
Good to hear you are having a positive response to treatment. Needless to say, I am anxious about having GT3 and needing to extend treatment further than the 12 weeks, though I am aware the odds are still in my favour. Its been a bit of a rough ride.
Thanks and good luck to you too.
Gerry Rafferty/Baker Street???? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Epclusa 12 week course GT3 5 years 9 months ago #26872

Same album, City to City, but at 5pm it's "Right Down the Line". The album wasn't released in the US, so I had to order it through a record store in Portland, Oregon, in the '80's costing me $35.00 from the UK. Sorry to see him pass. Great voice.

Again, have faith and keep posting⚽️
mrcleanrt
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar

Epclusa 12 week course GT3 5 years 9 months ago #26874

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hi Hovis, welcome to the forum and the very best of luck with your upcoming treatment. I'm not a doctor but according to the international treatment guidelines posted here fixhepc.com/genotype-specific-hepc-treaments.html , to achieve cure, genotype 3 patients need only 12 weeks of Epclusa if they have not been treated before and do not have severe fibrosis / cirrhosis. If you have been treated before or have severe fibrosis / cirrhosis, then Ribavirin is added to your 12 weeks of Epclusa or Epclusa is extended to 24 weeks. If your prescription was from a local doctor and you need a second doctor's opinion for complete peace of mind, you can book an appointment with Dr James Freeman on GP2U.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi

Epclusa 12 week course GT3 5 years 9 months ago #26875

• hovis
Hi Mar,
thank you for your reply. Dr Freeman prescribed the 12 week course after a consultation I had with him. ( no cirrhosis, first time treatment) So yes, that is correct. But then I read:

"While only 22% of patients are still detected at the 4-week point they go on to make up 44% of the failures. If this happens it might be worth considering extending treatment by 4 or more weeks, or adding a booster like Ribavirin"

So I was wondering , if I am still detected at my 4 week blood test, is that the time I should begin to organize with FHC to extend treatment? I am guessing that there should not be a lapse in treatment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Epclusa 12 week course GT3 5 years 9 months ago #26876

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
You're welcome Hovis, good question you're asking, hopefully Dr James will answer it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi

Epclusa 12 week course GT3 5 years 9 months ago #26880

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello hovis,

Yes, if you are going to extend treatment based on 4-week results it needs to be done without a break.

For 4/5 people - they are undetected - so mostly it's not something that needs considering.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC