Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2034

Hi D,
The first contact with Rachel was a quote from her on the APIs I had requested from Mesochem on Alibaba. I responded and said I wanted them. She responded and said what was the purpose of the order. My reply was that I was conducting research on the quality of generic HCV treatments in order to make treatment more affordable for the financially challenged. Her next query was what organization I was working with or for. I told her I was a reasearcher with the local university and she could ship it to my office there. She said "university on the address, no problem". So I wired the money, had it addressed to me, with CRM after my name in caps (looked good to me....), under my name, I put so & so university, my address and my cell number.
Thats it. Greg said mention research and I spun a little more involved tale than I outlined above, mentioning some associate professors in an eastern European country and so on. Well, I sent the money, she shipped FedEx that afternoon and it was here 4 days later-3 weeks ago today.
Thats how I did it
M
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2035

Lol. I see. Hmmm. So you were a little more inventive that I had gathered from your earlier post. Maybe I'll check with Greg and see how it is going with those who have approached Mesochem as simple participants in the study he has proposed. I'm not sure I'm up to converting my apartment into a university nor putting miscellaneous letters after my name. But it sounds like she was more concerned with covering her company's ass then the particulars of your qualifications.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2038

Yes. I felt she REALLY wanted to get me the meds and was trying to help me help her make it happen. As far as being creative, the "CRM" after my name was my graduate school major-commercial recreation management....and as far as my address, no law against me starting my own home-based business, so & so university research group, and being such a poor manager that it goes belly up the first week! No harm-no foul! Everyone got what they wanted. Me, Mesochem, my insurance company (denied me 3 different times) and my liver.
I think I could be even MORE creative, if need be. I want to be well. I thought long and hard before making all these posts-didn't want to make it known how I did it for fear of the "wrong" people reading it. But, Greg has said we need to, even if it works for only one other person. After thinking about it, I feel he is absolutely right.
Whatever it takes to start people getting healthy.
Thats what its all about.
Start the conversation with Rachel and go from there.
Can't hurt to try.
Good luck!
M
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2039

• gary
  • Thank you received: 41
M, good on you! Using a bit of creativity for the sake of getting rid of HepC is all good in my books. If the government/big pharma didn't make things so difficult for people we wouldn't need to be so creative. As you say, no harm, no foul. I applaud you on posting, though the "wrong people" may see the posts, hopefully the "right people" see if more often and get creative as you have and heal themselves sooner rather than later. I also worried about posting my way of dealing with the situation as I also got creative but I figure, as you seem to, ya gotta do what ya gotta do and deal with any fallout as it comes. Luckily it worked out for both of us so far and hopefully it works out for anyone else doing the same. Good luck!

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2049

Much easier to ask for forgiveness later, than for permission first. Especially when you KNOW what the answer will be before you ask. Nobody is going to arrest anybody for doing what I did. Worst case scenario-yours meds are "detained", you are notified and given so many days to get them "undetained" before they are destroyed. If Customs refused to allow me to have my 90 day, doctor prescribed, insurance denied treatment-I would go ballistic. I'm talking ACLU, NPR, all the networks the whole of Congress and the president would be sick of me. I can see the headlines: "US Customs denies ill US citizen access to affordable cure for potentially fatal chronic disease."
It would become my mission in life to stop crap like that from happening. If those old slave-holding drunks who founded this country could see the situation today with Gilead.........
They didn't deal well with "unjust stuff". We shouldn't either.
All hang together or be hanged separately.
M

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2099

On Compounding...
(I seem to be on a roll here)
Go to: torpac.com and find the profunnel. You will need the 00 size. $75.00 and includes 1000 capsules. 400 mg of sofosbuvir, packed with the included tamper, fits perfectly in the half of the cap you fill. Buy a mg scale from AWS on Amazon-$20. It has to have three 000 after the decimal to measure mgs. Then, one of those straws you get at the Sonic with a little spoon at the end.
Set up and weigh out and fill 28 caps with sof. Put them in a labeled bottle with a small silica dessicant pack. Do the same for the led or dac. Nothing tricky, take your time. Zero out (tare) the scales once in a while and get the weight within 5 mg on the plus side. These are amazing scales for $20. I have reweighed several caps (empty weight 116-8 mg) and they are always right on the money. Keep everything in as dry and cool a place as possible and store all your stuff with some dessicant packs-again:Amazon-large bag of small packets-$12)
Do your weighing on a smooth, clean dry surface to help salvage any shaky hand spillage. 2 hours for me to do 28 caps. I smiled the whole time!
Cool and dry place-the led is "clingy" in high humidity.
It is really easy, but I was daunted at first by the thought of making my own doses.
Simple answer-don't be!
M

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: dointime

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2274

• emilio
  • In the field of opportunity its ploughing time
  • Thank you received: 475
Hi Cruzan

The compapny will supply all but a script and I would ask that a copy of the script goes into the package. I supplied a copy to Rachel but perhaps that's automatically happening now. Most of what is recommended for documentation (from fixhepc mainpage is included), my advice is to ensure that Rachel or whoever provides you with copies just in case you have to chase your meds at customs. Hopefully not. Em
Geno 1b F2/3 snce early 80s. Treated in 2008_9 for 63 weeks on INF/Riba. Commence Sof/Dac on 6 October 2015 and completed 18 weeks of tx. UND at 4-6 weeks, UND at EOT, SVR 2, SVR 6 and SVR 12 on 6 May 2016.

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2984

Hi M,

Do you think it makes much difference in using size 0 capsules or the 00 with Profunnel? Getting ready to order and have heard of using both sizes? Want to order the easiest to use. Hope you are just swimming along and feeling great :)
Tx naive, HepC since 1984
Geno 1a
VL 15 million
F4 , AST 189, ALT 295
Started APIs from Mesochem 11/24/15, will be doing 24 weeks
First blood test will be 1/5/16
Huge thanks to buyers club, Dr. Freeman, Emilio, all who helped and cared
Fingers crossed, no real sides from tx. feeling good

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #2985

Hi,
Yes. 400 mg of sofosbuvir will just fit in the large half of a 00 capsule (the part you fill) when it is tamped down. The ledipasvir, 90 mg, only fills up about a quarter of the cap. It is far easier to make one sof and one led using the 00 funnel and take one of each.. The system works very well. The funnel comes with 1000 caps.
Let me know if I can help you further.
Mike

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: dointime, Jan-Dowling-facebook
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC