• Page:

TOPIC:

HepC skin issues 5 years 7 months ago #27069

• hovis
  • hovis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi,
I got my first blood test since treatment started. HVC RNA was detected at
<12 IU/ml <1.08 log IU/ml and liver function was "normal" . So, my doc says this is great news. YAY :)

However the serious skin issue I have (like psoriasis ) over my entire body as a result of the HepC virus still persists. I am just about managing it with topical steroids and litres of creams and lotions. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am wondering if or when I might expect to see some improvement in this condition as my HepC virus is treated. Because it is not recommended that these topical steroids be used for a prolonged or indefinite period.

thanks for any advice
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

HepC skin issues 5 years 7 months ago #27070

I experienced a skin issue on my right ear only. It was like a lesion. My doctor gave me Fluocinon 0.05% I had to wear an ear guard to sleep. I wore the ear guard for 3 years. The area was still tender after I finished My Hep C treatment with Harvoni. I continued to wear the ear guard for a month or so after taking my last pill. Now the skin on my ear is fine and I am left with a small scar.
G4
F0-F1
diagnosed in 2006
Tx naive
Treatment started 8/12/16, Ledipasvir/ Sofosbuvir (Harvoni) supplied by Monkmed
8/1/16 ALT 36 AST 40
1/4/17 ALT 17 AST 21
7/13/17 ALT 17 AST 25
12/28/17 ALT 22 AST26
2/22/18 ALT 19 AST 25
7/10/18 ALT 26 AST 32
1/8/19 ALT 16 AST 28
7/2/19 ALT 16 AST 26
Hcv Rna, Quantitative Real Time Pcr <15 NOT DETECTED (IU/mL) NOT DETECTED
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar

HepC skin issues 5 years 7 months ago #27074

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi beahavan,

You're not alone in observing that a weird medical problem, that nobody could diagnose or fix, has gone away post-treatment. Presumably, it's related, but... a cure's a cure and in this business, you've gotta take what you can get!
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

HepC skin issues 5 years 7 months ago #27075

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hello Hovis, as Dr James pointed out "weird medical problem, that nobody could diagnose or fix, has gone away post-treatment". Mrcleanrt had a similar skin issue for years, and it disappeared after starting his Hep C treatment (as you can see from his post # #26749 on this thread fixhepc.com/support-forum/fixhepc-admin/...-an-alarm.html#26750 ). So hopefully, you will experience a similar result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, beahavan, hanknassi

HepC skin issues 5 years 6 months ago #27146

• SHarmon
  • Thank you received: 131
I had the exact same thing appear on my leg with Harvoni into the 3rd week. It stayed for the whole treatment and took about 6 weeks after treatment ended before it started to fade. It is now a medium brown patch that no longer feels irritated or rough to the touch. I had a biopsy done and it is not cancer but after that my doctor just started throwing guesses at it. Topical steroids can permanently thin your skin so I decided to not be a guinea pig and wait it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC