This post has 2 area: “Reflection area” and “Joke area”.
Feel free to read (or not read at all) whichever you like.
1. COGITO ERGO SUM
I make the following self-statement for those who are not aware, but also for those who are already aware: I AM A PERSON!
And because I am a person, I, like EVERYONE else, have the following rights:
- Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
-(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
- (2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association.
(Art. 18,19,20 from the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights - www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/ )
2. Since I joined the peaceful assembly/association/community FIXHEPC (called it as you want), I enjoyed reading the blogs and forum messages, which I consider as opinions and expressions of other persons. In particular, I do like to read the opinions of the person named
JAMES FREEMAN (did you noticed he is NOT
signing his messages as Dr. James Freeman?).
And because I am also a person, I DO think
on what James Freeman writes. Sometimes I do agree with him, sometimes I do not agree with him and I really like that I have and use this freedom
to make my own opinion.
If I think more on James Freeman, I think he is acting accordingly to the Art.1 from the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights, as a human being “endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.”
3. The FIXHEPC Disclaimer – shall I say more ?
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND FIXHEPC, ALL CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND SOFTWARE PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. FIXHEPC AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE APPROPRIATENESS OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY FIXHEPC ON THE SITE FOR YOUR INTENDED APPLICATION AND USE. FIXHEPC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IT OFFERS ON THE SITE MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND FIXHEPC, ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF FIXHEPC, ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. -
4. Looking at the TGA letter, it does not say “fixhepc is promoting ”, rather it says “fixhepc appears to promot
e” through the lenses of some laws that are valid in Australia.
My view here is that laws are subject to interpretation and in cases when people interpret it differently, a judge is required to see on which side the justice is.
Fixhepc is a MEDIA where people express and share information, experiences, knowledge, questions → and based on the human rights, people do have the right to express their views. Each visitor (see the disclaimer) is also informed and warned about fixhepc liability, limitations, etc. Based on these circumstances, I consider questionable the way in which TGA evaluated the material available on fixhepc as being “advertisment”.
A KIND OF JOKE AREA
Some weeks ago I was reading the blogs from Greg Jeferrys (most of you probably know who he is
). In one of them he was talking about sex, drugs and youth and I was thinking: “OMG, this man MUST be judged. He promotes things like sex, drugs, by talking about them, these are completely forbidden by some (obscure I would say
) laws of my country. Oh yes, we should do that!”. But later on, I was thinking, amused, about the face of the judge who would have listen to me, claiming that Greg Jeferrys (or anyone else) should be punished because of speaking about those words
The human beings from today are HOMO SAPIENS, this means that apart from air, water & food, we need more in our development. One of the things we need is INFORMATION, as information is included in what is called, EDUCATION.
How would the world look like if people would be denied the access to information ?!?