Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shakes (SofDac) 8 years 1 month ago #12808

I did lose 20 lbs in 14 days though. Kept it off for a year. I got it from the "Fat, sick and almost dying" video.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Genotype 3
VL 4,100,000
ALT 101 AST 71
Treatment Naive
Started Sof/Dac Jan 12, 2016
VL= <15 4 weeks in. AST/ALT normal.
VL=UNDETECTED 8 weeks in.
SVR4= Virus back. 3,300,000

Started generic Epclusa Sep. 23, 2017

4 weeks in <15 *Detected.
12 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.
16 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.
Finished 24 weeks treatment 3-17-18
SVR5 <15 Not Detected.
SVR 20 <15 Not Detected.
SVR 44 <15 Not Detected.

Thank you Jesus.
Thank you Dr. James

Shakes (SofDac) 8 years 1 month ago #12815

If you have a problem with blood sugars then you need to be careful with how much juice you drink. Juice has a lot of sugar. If you dont have a problem with blood sugars maybe it isn't such a big deal. Chejai, the chances of you learning anything from a blood test as to whether you suffer from bouts of hypoglycemia is pretty miniscule. You would have to be in one of your shaky states when they draw the blood. Buying a home kit and checking yourself when you feel "that" feeling coming on is the best way to figure out if it is indeed low blood sugars that are kicking your ass. Good luck people! My . 02
HCV 35 yrs G1a F3 Tx naive
started Lesovir-C 15/12/2015
pre tx: VL 5,250,000 ALT 374 AST 208
FIBROSCORE 10.4

4 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 33. VL < 12 UI/mL
8 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 34. VL UND
4 weeks after tx UND. SVR4. ALT 24/AST 18

Shakes (SofDac) 8 years 1 month ago #12817

• Johnboy
  • Johnboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Great discussion folks. Thanks again.

This is what my sister said:
Great to hear your appetite has improved. Carbs are in many things, not just seeds. I know you love your juices but if you have Type 2 diabetes you will need to limit them as you are essentially drinking refined carbohydrate - a big 'sugar' hit to the body.

So, I see I have probably over done the sugar hit. In fact I am starting to think that the nausea I had previous to treatment (it stopped on the very first day!) was actually a different manifestation of these shakes. Maybe??

I think juicing greens with HCV is an issue because of the iron. I never did that. My viral load was a pathetic 54k and I think that was because I use wheatgrass (powder form and limited amount) and I the fact that I used juice. I can't think of any other reason it remained so very low for so long.
G1 58yo F1 54,000 viral load Relapser 2003/4 Sof/Dac started 21/9/2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chejai

Shakes (SofDac) 8 years 1 month ago #12823

• Johnboy
  • Johnboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 78
As an aside.... I was told by a world leader in enyzmology that virus feed, in fact feast, on undigested protein floating around the bloodstream and in sitting in the bowel. This is also true for bad gut bacteria. He suggested a very low protein diet to control it. I also did this to a certain extent. Of course I'm a pretty normal dude and still ate normal food but I'm pretty sure it helped keep the virus in check and helped my liver stay at F1/2 over the many years.
G1 58yo F1 54,000 viral load Relapser 2003/4 Sof/Dac started 21/9/2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chejai

Shakes (SofDac) 8 years 1 month ago #12833

• Chejai
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • G3a 35yrsHCV
  • Thank you received: 289
Actually Kenbadsman, it was Dr James who suggested the blood test to check 'sugar levels' to get an idea if I might be diabetic - he's trying to review my symptoms and look at a few things.

Yes, agree with the 'in Moderation' statement; I didn't get the impression you were living on juice only, Johnboy, which is why I was encouraging and certainly depends on the combo as I said. Whereas Splitdog says he did live on juice only for a time - again some people do this regularly, just a brief time to detox/cleanse or if not well and want to boost their system. I have had times of illness where I only could drink smoothies or fresh juices.
QLD Australia ☀️
G3a HCV 35 yrs Tx naive
Started Sof/Dac 13/01/16

Dec '15
AST 70
ALT 89
GGT 124
Fibroscore 8.5
F1-F2
13 Feb'16 VL UND #woohoo!
AST 24
ALT 26
GGT 50H
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenbasman

Shakes (SofDac) 8 years 1 month ago #12834

Great Chejai,
I am sure you will figure it out!
FIBROSCORE 10.4

Shakes (SofDac) 8 years 1 month ago #12837

• Price
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 342
Johnny, when you're prediabetic, your blood sugar goes up and the pancreas works faster and produces more insulin to be able to keep the blood sugar at a normal level but sometimes, it produces too much insulin and your blood sugar goes down too low.

Eventually, the pancreas gets tired of working so hard and slows down and the blood sugar goes up and now you're a diabetic.

First of all, when your doctor says you're close to diabetes, what does he mean? How high was your blood sugar?

By the way, drinking all that fruit juice is not a good idea. Fruit juice is sugar. That's why when diabetics have low blood sugar we give them juice.

So you're drinking a bunch of sugar and juice will only last you about half hour and if that's the only thing you had then in half hour your blood sugar will come crashing. You need to have protein. It will last you much longer and won't cause a big spike in blood sugar.

P
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenbasman, Gaj

Shakes (SofDac) 8 years 1 month ago #12839

...What Price said!
FIBROSCORE 10.4

• Page: