Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Posting of my treatment 4 years 3 months ago #28496

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Cherr 1985,

That's such good news and by now it will be 7 weeks to go. Well done for putting your health first as it will pay lots of dividends for you and everyone in your life. Looking forward to hearing your results. #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Sven, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28507

• Cherr1985
  • Cherr1985's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 123
Thank you for your input. God blesss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Sven, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28509

• Cherr1985
I am on my 47 day of taking harvoni. Done with the first bottle and I am almost done with the second one. Only have about a week of pills left for the second bottle to finish. So I am almost on my third which is my last bottle. Over all I feel good. Before the treatment I felt tired but now I don't feel like that anymore. I have more energy and I feel strong. But as far as negative side effects I feel at times that I can get dehydrated really easily ,either because of the harvoni and or suboxone. I am also prescribe suboxone. That is why I drink lots of water. But every once in a while I have gotten headaches, so that is why I drink more water. So the only 2 negative side effects, which I did not feel before I started on harvoni are headaches once in a while, and more vulnerability to dehydration. Overall the positive side effects have over weighted the negative side effects. I haven't felt this good in a decade. I feel that my liver is working better. I am also hep c viral load undetectable. So I know that the harvoni is working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28511

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello Cherr1985,

Glad to hear you have more energy. That’s pretty common. Headaches are in the list of known side effects. The dehydration one is not, but it’s real which is why most people who’ve taken it suggest keeping well hydrated.

Over 1/2 way now!
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28513

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Cherr1985,

Thanks for posting an update. It's good to hear that things are going well and you are starting to feel the benefits of the treatment which will continue long after the medication stops. I also experienced headaches and I found that drinking more water than usual was really important.

Keep taking every single one of those pills Cherr1985. Not so long to go now.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28521

• Sven
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213
Hi Cherr1985,

The word “undetectable” never gets old! Keep on rolling.... you’ve got this!

May your God walk with you always.
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28524

Hi Cherr1985, your story reminds me of my experience with generics, a few headaches and some insomnia, think I drank a lot of water and the headaches subsided, I'm some 4 years cured now, my VL(in the millions) was typically ugly from memory, but that's all it is now a distant memory, generic Sof/Dac for 6 weeks I think, when i got the UD from Doc I was like WTF your kidding me, it was that easy, can't thank Doc enough and everyone else at FixhepC, so thanks for reminding me Cherr1985, our experience is a wonderful gift we can share, just to spread the word as you have done . I hung on my monthly bloods for six months, then a year passed still UD, then 2 years, now its just a memory, good luck with it, these new generics sound amazing.
3 years cured, Sof/Dac, thanks Doc Freeman, hepc only a distant memory, go for it ppl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Sven, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28534

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Jimmy6429,

Great to hear from you! Thanks for checking in.

I know it's true but it's hard to believe we've been doing this for going on 5 years and patients are getting to SVR208 and beyond.

I reckon at 4 years we can definitely ditch the "Sustained Virological Response" and call it cured.

#woohoo!
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28537

• Cherr1985
Thanks greatly appreciate it.

Posting of my treatment 4 years 2 months ago #28538

• Cherr1985
Thanks sir

Posting of my treatment 4 years 1 month ago #28563

• Cherr1985
I am finally in my last days of my 12 week treatment of harvoni. I only have 2 pills left. I would have had 3 but I accidentally took 2 doses with in that 24 hour time frame the day before yesterday. Does anyone one know if that can be a problem? if I forgot that I did take my dose, I thought that I didn't and later on on that same day I took the second dose. I wast thinking that I misses my first dose for that day when I didn't. So I ended up taking 2 doses with in that 24 hours . The doses were hours almost apart from each other. I only did this once throughout the course of my entire treatment and I never skiped a dose either. Always took one dose every 24 hours. Never skipped. Only this one time where I overdosed within 24 hours. As far as symptoms I do feel very good. I am feeling very well physically. Haven't felt this good in years. On my first month of taking harvoni I was already undetectable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 1 month ago #28565

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hello Cherr1985,

Don't worry - taking 2 doses on the same day is not a toxic overdose and 83 days of total treatment will be just fine.

Best Regards

James
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 1 month ago #28566

• Cherr1985
Today I took my last pill. I finished the 12 weeks of harvoni treatment. I do feel very good physically. I am a bit nervous about the next viral load test but I have to do it. I am aware that I must do a viral load test 12 weeks after my last pill. I kind of want to do a viral load test before that. Like do a test a few weeks after my last pill. I am not sure if doing that can give me an inaccurate result. But I am kind of anxious in waiting 12 weeks. I have never heard of anyone who did a viral load test before the 12 weeks after the end treatment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel, Sven, Iain, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 1 month ago #28567

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Hi Cherr 1985,

That last waiting is hard :+1:
All the waiting is hard come to think of it... for meds, for tests.
What you could do, I have heard of a lot of people do to ease their minds in this 12 weeks wait, is have a liver function test at about 7-8 weeks.
That is cheap and fast and the drugs are out of your system by then so your liver is doing it's own thing with no help from harvoni. LFT will show how it is doing and should reassure you. No doubt a very few people need to retreat but it is pretty close to 100.1 not to be you.
Congrats on reaching end of treatment #flower
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Sven, hanknassi, Mar

Posting of my treatment 4 years 1 month ago #28571

• Cherr1985
Thanks. I will do that instead, before the 12 week viral load test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC