Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17118

I urge everyone here to put the fight to the establishment, because I can't do it anymore :( :-1:

I'm 55, and been through a lot. I categorize people into two types.

1. Selfish POS
2. Human being

There is no reasoning to type 1. They probably know better, but are concerned with their bottom line more that anything.

It's all about activism here IMO. Very few countries are going to embrace generics. They are going to embrace Gilead and that big fucking fat cloud of money they generate. Hookers and private jets for the select few! Brain fog and death for everyone else.

Gotta keep this site alive, put it on multiple servers globally if necessary.

It may only help a small percent of people, but I think that is the people who are here now.

YOU...you are here because someone denied you and you found this place, especially if you are not in Australia. Preserve this for those who will not be denied.
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: poodle, Vororo, mgalbrai, Lynne-Francis-facebook, Fara, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17120

• fretboard
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Defender-Against Big Pharma!
  • Thank you received: 340
Wow, this sickens me to no end! Pure :evil: I am certain Dr. Freeman will think of a viable alternative and keep his idea and assistance of fixing HepC alive and kickin'! With that said, Aussies will be excluded or otherwise inconvenienced simply because somebody pulled on a regulatory chain and now the regulatory powers of OZ are barking up the wrong tree. Who told the dog face in the first place? Never mind, we all know... :angry: This really stinks!!

G1a dx'd in 1992, Biopsy F2 VL 8mill +. Tried tx with Interferon/Riba, back in 2008 didn't last long it felt horribly ugly!! I stopped tx, after 5 weeks!!
Started tx 6/1/16 with Harvoni.
12 Month Labs= UND
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynne-Francis-facebook, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17124

• sonix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Music is life
  • Thank you received: 359
I've just done a little research on how to continue accessing fixhepc.com from Australia after the geoblock comes into effect. I found a possible gem, Opera browser developer edition now has a VPN included in the browser! Just click on the Menu and select "New private window with VPN". You can download it from here -
www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/2016/04/free...era-for-windows-mac/
Make sure to select "Opera developer" version for your operating system, it is available for Mac, Windows and Linux. B)

Other possible options -
- VPN service. Usually require a subscription but some free ones are available which may vary from good to dangerous.
Tunnelbear was just recommended to me. You can get 500MB/month for free. www.tunnelbear.com/
- Tor Browser. Not sure if this works as it is for anonymous browsing rather than hiding location, but it may. www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

Hopefully all of us Aussies can continue to connect with each other here after the ant gets stomped.
M 61yo HCV+ ~ 30 yrs Gt1a F2 VL 223,000 ALT 54 AST 42 Tx start Sof/Dac 17Dec15.
SVR4 at 7Apr16 ALT 22 AST 22
SVR12 at 9Jun16 ALT 23 AST 25
Melbourne, Australia
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel, beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, GT2, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17125

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Just want to make sure everyone understands the situation here:

The FixHepC website and forum WILL continue to operate for our international members and guests.

Only those using an Australian IP address will be geoblocked.
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel, beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, GT2, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17126

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
I think this topic needs to be split in 2 parts:
1. Political issue
If fixhepc will be banned in Australia, it would be a small bureaucratic success of TGA. For sure, this will signal in other regions from the world something like "Watch out what you are doing in the Cyberspace, we know and see everything We are BIG BROTHER :sick: "
In addition to this, it would be a real blow for Australian people -> meaning Australia is cutting the chance for its people to get treated FREE OF CHARGE for the government (because people do buy the medicine with their own money).
What TGA simply does is to "build a lire under oneself"
Question: is there any legal possibility in Australia that people can demand a new or ask to postpone a certain legal settlement? Like enabling the advertisement, but not selling, of the medication if that medication is not available in the country in sufficient quantity to treat everyone? Because in fact this is the key issue in all countries from the world, there is not enough "GILEAD" drugs for all patients (yes, we know, because they are so expensive....). As patient, I do not care so much if the government wants to pay 100 times more for my cure (even though I would still be irritated for the money being waist)
There are some countries where if you can collect a certain number of signatures, you may actually initiate legal changes.
After all, Australia is still "officially" a democracy.....

2. Technical issue
IT solutions to enable Australian people to still access fixhepc.com perhaps exists, but this might lead to the fact that not all Australian people will be able to visit the "original" fixhepc website. This might turn to be an issue of risks/accessibility for the visitors. And a possible further reason for TGA to say that fixhepc is "offending" even further the Australian's laws.

If following the TGA rules it will be decided to forbid the access of australian people to fixhepc, I think there will be a consequence that was not forseen: Fixhepc will become the first martyr in the medical world from the last xx years.

Last but not least, there is still a good thing happening today: more and more people know that generic drugs do treat HCV.
If you look for instance here www.moneycontrol.com/annual-report/cipla/C/2015 at the financial report from Cipla, you will note a solid revenue increase, year by year. If I am right, in 2015 they got ~200 million $ more money (the term on indian crore confuses me sometimes). If only half of this increase would be caused by the generic HCV medication, this means they saved at least 100 000 patients. 100 000 patients that will spread the news about generic HCV medication. And they do aim to sell the HCV drugs to ~100 million patients from low-income. I doubt that Big Pharma will be really able to stop such companies in making money. How much time is BIG PHARMA thinking that they will be able to keep this "news" under control by means of legal settlements for intellectual property?
So... the awareness of affordable and cheap HCV drugs will increase in the future (no matter what TGA does in Australia). In my view, it will only show how stupid TGA is acting. (OMG - am I "offending" TGA, if yes, please excuse me for being right)
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: Price, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17128

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082

sonix wrote: Tunnelbear was just recommended to me.

Sonix,

Apart from reasons such as avoiding geoblocking, from a personal security perspective everyone who uses public Wi-fi networks in hotels and cafes when they are out and about should be using a VPN service to encrypt and protect their data while doing so. Otherwise the owners of those networks have visibility of and can intercept anything you do over their network including any passwords you use.

Tunnelbear is an effective VPN service with a very simple user interface that I have recommended to inexperienced friends and family to improve their phone, tablet and laptop security. As you say, they give you 500mb per month free and if you tweet about using them on Twitter they will increase that to 1.5gb per month. Their rates for unlimited use are also quite reasonable if you don't want to get involved in the complexities of some of the other services.

(I wonder if they'll give me some free data for that little blurb? :lol: :lol: :lol: )
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, mgalbrai, Price, Ariel, sonix, Fara, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, GT2, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17153

Hello all and hi to Dr Freeman

People could use a VPN, like Hola, to access the site in Australia by misdirecting the IP address to another country:

hola.org

I've been using Hola for about a year to access the US version of Netflix from the UK. Works a charm.

People would need to know about the site first though and about the geoblocking issue. But there must be some clever IT person out there who can figure out a solution.

Patrick
45 yo male; UK; HCV since 1996; G4; F2-3 (fibroscan score 9.1);
Null responder interferon/ribavirin 2008;
4/16 Harvoni 8 weeks; Pre-tx VL 2.1 million; week 4 VL 269; EOT UND; but...
6/16 Tx extended w/ generic sof/dac x 12 weeks due to concerns around my slow response to Harvoni. UND at end of 2nd round of treatment and EOT+4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Price, Ariel, Meg, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17154

• Meg
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 327
Sonix wrote

- Tor Browser. Not sure if this works as it is for anonymous browsing rather than hiding location, but it may.

yes a friend suggested this Tor Browser too. It is free. A bit slow but works fine.
Blood transfusion in 1992 - Diagnosed in 2007
Tx naive -G1b - F1
VL 2.270.000
ALT 40
Start tx June 4th/2016 with DAAs - Sof/Led from India
Bloods on two weeks of tx (June 18th)
AST 17 - ALT 10 - GGT 19
Virus UND
Bloods on six weeks of tx (July 16th)
AST 17 - ALT 8 - GGT 12
Virus UND
EOT on August 8th (did 9 weeks and 3 days)

SVR 4 Virus UND (September 7th)
AST 13 - ALT 5

SVR 14 Virus UND (November 12th)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17158

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The life you save will be your own. START TREATMENT
  • Thank you received: 2254
This might be a dumb question but if you use a VPN does it have any impact on how your anti virus product works, and also will said product have any trouble with the VPN? I'm thinking not but still wondering. I use Trend Micro btw
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed in 2004, had HCV for all my adult life. Until 2016!!!!
Harvoni treatment, started 19 March 2016
4 week results Bilirubin 12 down from 14 pre treatment,
Gamma 25 down from 52, ALT 19 down from 63, AST 19 down from 47,
VL <15 down from a lazy 6 million or so

EOT Results
Bilirubin 10, GGT 18, ALT 19, AST 21, VL UND

12 Weeks post EOT
Bilirubin 11, GGT 16, ALT 22, AST 20, VL UND
Cured baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17163

I can't answer that question unfortunately as I'm on a Mac and don't use anti-viral software. I suspect it doesn't make a difference though.
45 yo male; UK; HCV since 1996; G4; F2-3 (fibroscan score 9.1);
Null responder interferon/ribavirin 2008;
4/16 Harvoni 8 weeks; Pre-tx VL 2.1 million; week 4 VL 269; EOT UND; but...
6/16 Tx extended w/ generic sof/dac x 12 weeks due to concerns around my slow response to Harvoni. UND at end of 2nd round of treatment and EOT+4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meg, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17165

Sucks bigtime,
Would not be cured without this club, couldnt navigate my way through 2 hospitals compliance phases, doubt the new regime is any better.
Thanks to Doc and everyone I now have svr12.
Good luck to everyone, sof dac rocks, trust my blood tests,
Thanks incepta and mesochem :)
Cheerio
TLDR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-Jarman-facebook, Ariel, Hieupham, GT2, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17171

• GT2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 970
Congratulations Jimmy42 on being SVR12

The snow ball of SVR12s rolling over the finish line is gathering pace and getting bigger every week …

Love it #love #love #love
1983: Hospitalised with Acute non-A, non-B Hepatitis after ICU blood transfusion 3mths earlier => HCV GT2
22/02/16: (pre-tmt) ALT 61, VL 2.48 IU/ml Hepascore 0.32 (F1/2), fatigue, brain fog, bloating (Treatment Naïve)
10/04/16: (Start tmt) Sofovir +DaclaHep (SOF + DCV) by Hetero Labs in India
09/05/16: ALT 34, VL: NOT Detected :cheer: :) , FBG 11.9 :huh:
17/6/16 FBG 5.7; PPBG (@14.22) 6.9 (@ 20.45) 7.1; BP 124/72
:) (Accu-Chek Mobile & Omron Auto BP Monitor) :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17190

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The life you save will be your own. START TREATMENT
  • Thank you received: 2254
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed in 2004, had HCV for all my adult life. Until 2016!!!!
Harvoni treatment, started 19 March 2016
4 week results Bilirubin 12 down from 14 pre treatment,
Gamma 25 down from 52, ALT 19 down from 63, AST 19 down from 47,
VL <15 down from a lazy 6 million or so

EOT Results
Bilirubin 10, GGT 18, ALT 19, AST 21, VL UND

12 Weeks post EOT
Bilirubin 11, GGT 16, ALT 22, AST 20, VL UND
Cured baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17192

• DrJames
  • DrJames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Yes, the conversation has been going on for a while.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Sorry, but Australia is going to have to be Geoblocked 7 years 10 months ago #17193

Is it possible to set up another forum for Aussies. A type of mirror without the sales pitch, for information, treatment, post treatment, failed treatment etc. I don't want to join those other Aussie forums because of the battle over generics I experienced and then being banned.
I found this forum of a high standard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google, fitz
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC