Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Major UK Hospitals that monitor generics 7 years 6 days ago #24207

Great news UK Hopeful - I'm looking forward to reading about your Mum'sSVR12 - :+1: #flower
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj

Major UK Hospitals that monitor generics 5 years 10 months ago #26697

Hi, I have been monitored by Prof. Rosenberg at the Royal Free in London. This year 2018.
He supports generics. I am cured. Maybe someone saw a guy called Isaacs who was very rude to me a few years back and destroyed my chances of getting compensation from the Skipton Fund which has changed names.
There is an 'infected blood investigation' going on now because many patients in the UK had their files or parts of their files "removed" - this is also true for haemophiliacs etc. Maybe, just maybe, the investigation will give clarity and choice of generics which the NHS would not give me because I was not "ill enough"!
They're not lining their pockets with enough money when they use generics, obviously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Major UK Hospitals that monitor generics 5 years 10 months ago #26705

'Maybe, just maybe, the investigation will give clarity and choice of generics which the NHS would not give me because I was not "ill enough"!'

From The Hippocratic Oath:

"I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism."

Would have thought if generics cured HepC, then they fitted in with this Oath somehow?

I suppose one irony is that you will never be 'ill enough' as you used generics and got cured.

Yours

Jeff
GT3a 1990 Failed Inter 1998, comb in 2000. HCC 2012
Started 24/52 Sof/Dac 27th October 2015.
1. Bloods 2 October 2015: AST - 165 (20-40), ALT - 265 (5-40), GGT 189 (5-50)
2, Bloods 20 November 2015: ALT etc normal; VL 19
3. Bloods 8 January 2016: AST - 40, ALT - 59, GGT 48 VL RNA UND
4. EOT 12 April 2016 - blood tests: all is well, CT scan: okay
5. AFP 11 June 2016: 4 ref< 11
6. VL July 2016: DET
7. Oct16 start treat - June17 UND
8. Jun 18, lfts okay, platelets a bit low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Major UK Hospitals that monitor generics 5 years 10 months ago #26707

Thanks Jeff,

That was said before I got cured and paid for my meds from FixHepC.
Now I am an advocate whenever possible. Unfortunately, most "doctors" I know only care about their paychecks.

Yesterday I had an argument with a Head of Clinic of oncologists when I told him that the OncotypeDX test might be put aside by NHS England and NICE. (In another session in the same place a Prof. using the test told us this was what was happening!)
It goes without saying - why on earth would they NOT want to fund it? The leader said they would "why wouldn't they"? Because then the surgeons and other prescribers and companies making the cancer meds would get less money. The test shows whether cancer meds are appropriate or not for a particular type of cancer.

I could have slapped him but I am a herbalist and used to clap trap like that.

Dr Freeman and the group are very, very special. We applaud them.

The Hippocratic oath has been forgotten by many.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC