Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can someone answer my questions. Just finished mavyret 5 years 10 months ago #26735

I wanted to let everyone know how I got on. The nurse called me and said as of the 28th May I was undetected. I wanted to be happy but don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. I really don't feel like it's away, this may sound silly but it's like I can feel it.

It's been a few weeks now since I stopped treatment and my stools are still very yellow and urine still very dark. The past week my skin has been very very itchy especially at night, so much so that I have hardly slept because of it, my whole body, eye lids, just everywhere. Legs also very weak, I haven't been able to exercise as much as when I was on treatment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Can someone answer my questions. Just finished mavyret 5 years 10 months ago #26736

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Congratulations James on your undetected result, that's really great news :cheer: . Fingers crossed for your last test in 12 weeks that will confirm cure. Hopefully your doctor will get to the bottom of what's causing these symptoms soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, James_mc85

Can someone answer my questions. Just finished mavyret 5 years 10 months ago #26739

Hi James

Congratulations on being undetected, hopefully that is permanent

I just want to tell you that after clearing the virus, you will feel new ills that were masked by the Hep C and also it takes a long time to recover. I was cured 2 years ago and I feel better all the time. Your body was damaged, now it takes time to completely heal
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar, James_mc85

Can someone answer my questions. Just finished mavyret 5 years 10 months ago #26745

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
We would expect everything to settle down.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar, James_mc85

Can someone answer my questions. Just finished mavyret 5 years 10 months ago #26751

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I hope so much it stays that way and i can be free of this burden, my mental health certainly would appreciate it as well :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar

Can someone answer my questions. Just finished mavyret 5 years 10 months ago #26777

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi James,

Congratulations on your undetected status. I also found that it took a while for my body to settle down and it was incremental shifts to better health post treatment. At the moment I am getting a house ready for sale and it has really shown me how much healthier and stronger I am both physically and emotionally.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC