Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

I'm new to the forum 5 years 9 months ago #26851

But what happens if I have acute hbv.? Do you think Bactrim may interfere with my body clearing the acute infection? Seeing how toxic it is.

Lets say --Hypothetically I have hbv, would doctors prescribe Bactrim knowing of my health condition?
Me not fully knowing the status has me on edge. I don't wanna develop a chronic case by accelerating liver damage.

I'm a pest I know, but I've always been one to comprehensively check into things. How do my numbers look in comparison to a acute Hbv infection?

Soon I'll be off this site and never return again except to say hello if I manage to stay alive. Help isn't easy to find.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi

I'm new to the forum 5 years 9 months ago #26852

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
Hello Don-Joe,

Your liver function test numbers indicate no hepatitis of any kind. Not acute. Not chronic.

AST=30 ALT=40 are in the normal ranges. If there was anything wrong with your liver, these numbers would be much higher.

Taking other medication might raise these numbers temporarily, but it is no big deal. Most of us here with Hep-C have lived with scary ALT and AST levels for years. And Most of us are still alive.

If you want to be absolutely sure that you do not have Hep-B or Hep-C, you will have to ask your doc for antibody tests. Since you are obviously worrying a lot about this, what price would you pay for peace of mind? You will not be able to get these tests done without a doctors prescription.

But I can tell you for free your doc would have already ordered those tests if he had the slightest suspicion that you might have either of those viruses.

I have one last question. What do you mean by clay-colored stools? Clay can be orange or brown, or anywhere in between. Or clay can be cheesy white or gray. If you mean anything like orange or brown, stop worrying. If you mean white or gray go back to your doc right away.
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar

I'm new to the forum 5 years 9 months ago #26853

Thanks Vororo,

Lemme say, you guys are great people. I honestly feel good vibes from all of you guys regardless of anything, you have no idea how much it means to me to have someone step out of their own problems to try and help a stranger. Mind you I'm speaking of hbv, and you guys consistently keep trying to help me just proves you guys are not of this planet.. I'm sorry for being a freaken wimp knowing most you guys probably been thru REAL HELL compared to myself.

To answer your question Vororo, the stools have ranged from a yellow (fried foods look) to light brown, orangish brown to brown.. hard to explain man.

They haven't been white, or grey at all though. Maybe your right. I'm no expert except at being a bag of fear
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

I'm new to the forum 5 years 9 months ago #26863

Hi don-joe-google,

So, have you had blood tests for any of the diseases you are worried about?

You can be tested for Hep C and Hep B and determine if your are in fact affected.

I can understand you stressing out, so go get tested and see if you need to be treated. Otherwise you will just be stressing out for no reason

Hep C can be treated here by Dr. Freeman, Hep B usually resolves itself or can be treated also
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20

I'm new to the forum 5 years 9 months ago #26873

I've posted information pertaining to the test I had.

I posted my ast and alt levels, albumin, alkaline phosphatase
Total bilirubin.

I haven't had a hepatitis test though.

I was asking if my numbers were similar to a infection?

Take a look at the thread if you haven't already
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi

I'm new to the forum 5 years 9 months ago #26879

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Don-Joe,

Everything that can be said about the results you have posted has already been said.

It has been suggested that rather than worry about things that can be ruled in or out with simple tests you get those tests done.

People have been really patient with you, but here it is in black and white:

Either get the tests for the conditions you are worrying about done or don't get them done. That's a choice. Your choice.

If you don't get them done, then please understand this...

Everything that can be said about the results you have posted has already been said.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

I'm new to the forum 5 years 9 months ago #26883

Thanks Dr. James.

I tried to get tested not realizing I needed a prescription. Your team has helped me greatly. I'm gonna have a test done on my next visit. People have been suggesting that the doctor would push for a test if my numbers were abnormal.

"I'm gonna push for the test on my next dr visit either this Saturday or Monday"

I have read and read all i could find in reference to Lft and acute hbv. I've learned so much in the last few week. I'm going for a test (again) this time I'll have a prescription because I'm gonna tell the doctor I want to be tested.

I'll need to give her an explanation as to why I haven't taken the Bactrim. I'd like to know I'm HBV free before I take any hepatoxic meds because as you and everyone who's read the thread knows I HAVE NOT been tested.

I will post the info when it's available.

In the meantime I'm
sorry for being such a bother to everyone.
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC