• Page:

TOPIC:

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #3954

• Joy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 265
Crazy8 wrote:

It took them 18 months of investigation to conclude that Gileads motives are driven by greed?

Yes, miserable isn't it, and they didn't even make suggestions as to the solution. How many more will die waiting for treatment before legislation is passed against such obscene greed?

Meanwhile let's inform as many as possible that safe, affordable generics are available NOW.
NSW Australia. Genotype 1b 30+ years, F0-F1, VL 91,000 Feb 2015 (740,000 in 2010), Tx naive.
Ordered Sof/Dac from Buyers Club 21 Sept, received 14 Oct.
Virus UNDETECTED at 3 weeks AND 12 weeks (EOT) AND SVR4 AND SVR12 AND SVR24. :-)
A thousand thankyous to Dr James and the amazing FixHepC team.

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4031

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
Ok, some of you may recall that Ive mentioned a forum in the US run by a moderator who screams "CHINESE POISON DOG FOOD" at the mention of generics, and in fact she banned me because I mentioned it, and she usually quickly wipes off any mention. Well some person has managed to get a post on there that has lasted 2 days so far, but a series of replies following it is all misinformation, with other posters saying, well no one in the US has used generics, we can't get generics in the US, and the medicine you are taking must be one of those Gilead licensed generics from India. I tried to correct the misinformation, but am still banned. Any of you who might want to have a go at it could try, the post is titled "API Generics". It mentiones FIXHEPC. the forum site is this: forums.delphiforums.com/hepatitiscen/messages

the post is as follows:General Discussion - API Generics (143 views
To: All (1 of 9)
"It's been a while since I last visited this site. I had given up all hope of a cure after having failed peg/ Ribavarin treatment. Living and working in the UAE I am unable to get insurance to foot the bill for Harvoni so have opted for Chinese generics of sufosbuvir and ledipsavir through FixhepC in Australia. Have been taking the meds for 4 weeks now and had my first blood test two days ago. As I wait for results I cannot help but think should I also be taking riba? Should I be on 24 weeks treatment? I cannot rely on the advice of the docs here as I seem to know more about the medication and the options available than every Hematologist or Gastroenterologists I have visited here. Not being arrogant, it's just they don't seem to know. It's astounding really. I am gen type 1a with 14,000 000 viral load. I wait for results anxiously. Great to hear so many heppers have stayed the dragon on this site. Peace to all"

The other posters on the site continue to promote the myth that only gilead produced drugs are ok and that people in the USA absolutely cannot access them, the moderator tells them all in big bold inch high letters," IT IS ILLEGAL!! " this site has been there for the 20+ years I've been reading up on hepc, so I think its misinforming a fair number of folks. Last night the moderator did a blurb on gilead's price scandal and tried to defend them saying, "Of course they are trying to make Gilead look like the bad guy". The active misinformation and censorship of real info by the moderator bothers me, she has misled a lot of people with that bs, the OLD RATBAG!!

have a go at her if you want, mates, maybe someone on there needs accurate information to obtain generics and help.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan-Dowling-facebook, zhuk

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4040

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
Cheers, 2b...I've registered and given it a shot. Let's see how it goes...and in case it gets moderated out of existence before seeing the light of day lol

Hi to gary and to all here.

Just by way of further explanation about FixHepC and the aussie Buyer's club, see the site for more detailed info fixhepc.com

And yes, not only Australians but those who have been refused insurance cover in the US have obtained meds with the club's assistance, as well as UK patients ineligible under their NHS-triaged system. Anyone is free to visit the site and find out what they can do to access their treatment legally.

Talking locally, since the new DAA's have not been approved for use in Australia, the only way for hep C sufferers to access them here is via importation of generics - and these are most definitely not under any kind of agreement with Gilead. Our Govt has been in financial wrangling with the company for many months now, and there is still nothing on the horizon..unless you can pay over $A100,000. Hence the mutual club set up by a most compassionate Tasmanian GP Dr James Freeman, who has been helping hundreds of people to get well. The rationale is "treat everyone, everywhere"...why should people's lives hang in the balance, with their survival decided by a hugely wealthy pharmaceutical company, is the question to be asked.

GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2b, pat1

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4044

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
She didn't waste much time at all (13 minutes) editing out half your post that said US patients could access generics and also anything else she deemed uncomplimentary to Gilead, definitely some kind of unsavory relationship going on there, or just blind ignorance.at best.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4046

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ha, very selective lol

Well I guess that says much! All the more specifically pertinent information for overseas sufferers then heh

But she did leave the site url standing, so people who are curious can have a look...that's a positive anyway :)
F0, tx naive
AST 26
ALT 26
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy, SShady43, Gaj

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4086

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Aaaaaaa, you spoke too soon Mate, looks like she came back around and took another run at you with her scissors and snipped you all up some more, took out the url and some other good stuff too it looks like, I didn't think she could tolerate that good info staying up for long, maybe she got a call from corporate Gilead HQ.

Pretty soon you'll be down to just your knickers left on there.

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4091

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
LOL :lol:

Damn! You're right 2b :pinch:

Oh well it was worth a try! Maybe 3 people got a look at it before the machete-job :whistle:

And this site really needs a /facepalm emoticon lol
F0, tx naive
AST 26
ALT 26

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4162

• Joy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 265
More news from the US:

Blue Cross is being blasted in a new class action lawsuit filed in California for not covering Harvoni treatment for the “sickest” hepatitis C patients, said lead attorney Robert Gianelli with Gianelli & Morris, who represents the plaintiff.

“Instead of covering people at all stages [of Hepatitis C], they drew a line so their bottom line would not be affected,” Gianelli said. According to the complaint, Blue Cross denied Harvoni for hepatitis C patients who have fibrosis scores below F3.

formularyjournal.modernmedicine.com/form...ome-under-fire-again

Class action against Gilead to follow?
NSW Australia. Genotype 1b 30+ years, F0-F1, VL 91,000 Feb 2015 (740,000 in 2010), Tx naive.
Ordered Sof/Dac from Buyers Club 21 Sept, received 14 Oct.
Virus UNDETECTED at 3 weeks AND 12 weeks (EOT) AND SVR4 AND SVR12 AND SVR24. :-)
A thousand thankyous to Dr James and the amazing FixHepC team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vororo

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4163

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
THAT's what i'm talkin' about!
yea, bout time...i figured these insurance companies have been ripe for that, as I said before, not much comfort for those who have lost loved ones but it might deter some of this crapola in the future...shouldn't have to be done this way though, shouldn't have happened like this in the first place.

Hive Swarm! 8 years 4 months ago #4198

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
Yeah, let's hope for a Class Action. Or many. It seems to be the only way to straighten out the big corporations...
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC