Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mom I am infected with HCV 7 years 9 months ago #18774

• cheese
  • cheese's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 244
My thought process on this subject has evolved from sharing info with my wife and ex-wife and my three children and asked that we keep it at that for now. I knew my mom would support me no matter what but she is 90 y/o and I just did not want to worry her. Soon after I opened up to a few close friends here in Thailand. And then I suddenly felt like, this is so not right, people are dying and meds are availalble, people need to know. I am recently retired so I do not have to worry about workplace issues and all that but I cetainly understand, having worked for an American company based in Asia for the past 15 years. Then I wrote the letter to my mom, who of course wholeheartedly supported me. I now as a matter of duty tell everyone I meet here in Thailand that I have the virus and about the generic meds. My mantra is fixhepc.com Talked to my ex-wife in the US a few nights ago and gave her the all clear signal. Please share my story with anyone and everyone, And if anyone asks where did he get the meds, tell them to go to fixhepc.com or give them my contact details. All doors are open now and that dark place in my past is not so dark, not so scary anymore. It's my obligation to share my story with all my fellow human beings. I am travelling back to the US in August for a few months to visit my mom, children, work collegues, and friends. Cannot wait to interact with all. I changed my e-mail auto signature to the fixhepc.com logo. Cheers everyone. I Have been very fatigued this week but have a little burst of energy this morning so am going to take a blast on one of my motorcycles. Its a great day.
GT 1a
VL 4.9M
F0-1
Since Late 60's
Meds Cipla SOF/LED
Start June 7, 2016
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, 2b, pat1, Hazel, Matt-Kenney-google, Sven

Mom I am infected with HCV 7 years 9 months ago #18879

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
I have told everyone I know that I have used to have HCV. I have never had a negative reaction. But maybe I am lucky in that most of the people I deal with are polite and well educated.

Only two other people ever asked me directly how I got it. My answer was I really don't know for sure - I am not a drug addict (smoothly avoiding any mention of a youthful past), I never had a blood transfusion, or a surgical operation, and I never had a tattoo. I always end by saying these are probably the most common ways of catching it, but the real problem today is that it is in the population.

Most people are amazed to learn that over 600,000 people in the UK have it, and over 3,000,000 in the USA.

Surely, all those people cannot be drug addicts or victims of tainted blood transfusions??

Anyway, as part of my story about HCV, I also tell everyone about FixHepC. Yesterday, one of my work colleagues phoned me to ask how to get in touch with FixHepC because a business client of his has HCV. Even though it is only one more person saved, that little phone call really made my day.

This has been posted previously, but here are some estimated numbers around the world:

www.hepcoalition.org/IMG/pdf/countries_excluded_gilead_s_vl.pdf

Its in the population and everyone deserves to be treated.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge cures people. Share the power to cure people in whatever way you can.
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Gaj, cheese, fitz

Mom I am infected with HCV 7 years 9 months ago #18902

• cheese
  • cheese's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 244
Thanks for sharing your experiences and true this only happened once where I was immedietaly asked how did you get that. It was from an aquaintence who did not mean any ill will. I think this has been a bit personel to me and how I never really confronted and made peace with my past. It's a bit liberating now to just tell people my story of how it happened and most importantly how to get it fixed. I do tell everyone I lknow about this site in the hopes that in some way it reaches someone who needs it.
GT 1a
VL 4.9M
F0-1
Since Late 60's
Meds Cipla SOF/LED
Start June 7, 2016
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vororo, Gaj, fitz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC