Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for: treatment
09 Jun 2019 14:14
Hi Hopeful425,

I also had headaches and liver twinges during treatment as well as the gradual reduction of brain fog. What a relief it is to be able to think more clearly and have more energy.

It is more than two years now since I got rid of the virus for good and like me you will just continue to feel better. Only two more weeks to go until you take that last tablet. Well done you.

Coral
Category: FixHepC Admin
09 Jun 2019 13:10
You should be fine to try for a baby now.

As far as we know Harvoni does not cause mutant sperm.

If you were very very paranoid you would say it takes ~ 3 months for pretty much every last molecule of Harvoni to exit the system and 3 months to generate new sperm from scratch.
Category: Q & A
08 Jun 2019 20:49
Hello Marszab,

Don’t panic. Yes, being undetected is better but the vast majority of people still detected at the end of treatment will still SVR
08 Jun 2019 20:43
Hello Hopeful425, sorry to hear about the headaches.

Yes liver twinges are very common on treatment and immediately after. There is a lot happening in there!
08 Jun 2019 20:36
Hello MikeMike,

There is no problem for you having dental work and having local. The local will work, the treatment will not be impacted - take your dose as usual.

At 4 weeks into treatment there is an 80% (4:1) chance you are undetectable so non infectious. There should be universal precautions so your blood, even if still detected, should not cause any risk to staff of other patients.

Often patients who mention having Hep B, HIV or Hep C will be scheduled at the end of the day. This should not be necessary if correct procedures are followed.
08 Jun 2019 20:30
Hi I am into 4 weeks of Epclusa and I have about 8 cavities. I have a Dental appointment in 5 days which she will problably need to put local anesthetic in my mouth. Is this ok with treatment going on?
08 Jun 2019 01:12
Now I’m a little worried because I have used some Kratom during my mayvret treatment . I have two weeks left. Should I be concerned that I hindered my cure??
08 Jun 2019 00:56
Hey there! Checking in to update. Most symptoms have past. Still get frequent headaches, but thank god no more brain fog!
I do however have a new symptom.
My liver has been hurting. Is this common?
Just started week 6 of 8 week treatment of mayvret
07 Jun 2019 00:44
Today there is a discussion of tinnitus and Harvoni on the Facebook Group: Hepatitis C Treatment Cure and Community.
06 Jun 2019 21:13
Hello Marszab, and welcome to the forum. Please don't automatically assume that your treatment failed because of this, when treated with the new DAA meds (such as Harvoni), having low-level detectable HCV RNA at the end of treatment does not preclude cure. Please read the conclusion of this study for instance www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4834854/

To know the correct result of your treatment, you have to take the test 12 weeks after finishing treatment.

Also even if treatment fails the first time around (happens 5-10% of patients), re-treatment is entirely possible and very successful (different medications are used).
06 Jun 2019 08:53
Hi. My husband just finished eight week treatment of Harvoni. The results came back as detected with <12. We really want to start trying to have a baby and read that there’s virtually no risk of conceiving especially with a viral load this Low. I would like to know opinions and thoughts if anybody was in a similar situation?
Category: Q & A
06 Jun 2019 08:37
Can anyone help me with these results? These were taken on the last day of my treatment with one Harvoni pill left. I know the viral load is low but because it’s detected does that mean I have to start treatment again?
05 Jun 2019 18:19
Hello Austincr,

Thanks for sharing your experience and great to hear you’re feeling better.

Best of luck for your SVR12!
Category: New to Forum
05 Jun 2019 09:07
Hi Austincr, that's great, congratulations on finishing treatment. I'm glad that you didn't have any issues with side effects, most patients report the same throughout treatment with these new Hep C meds. I'm also glad that you're feeling much better and that you got your energy back, that's an excellent sign :+1: :+1:

To confirm your cure from Hep C, you need to take another test 12 weeks after finishing treatment, and if it's undetected, you're cured (with 99.7 % certainty), best of luck.
05 Jun 2019 07:32
That is just great news, love hearing you are feeling that freedom from the virus- enjoy.
Displaying 361 - 375 out of 6902 results.
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC