Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for: treatment
05 Oct 2019 17:27
Dear Dr James
Yesterday night I took rennie for stoamach
And this morning ı got test and my alt 62 ast 22
Also ı got 2 dose hep b booster and will get 3rd one in january today my anti hbs is 7 not less than 5 and not much than 12
All these resuts should worry me?
I will be very gland for your answer.
Cheers
Category: New to Forum
05 Oct 2019 05:18
Hi Pacific, very good to hear that after just 2 weeks of treatment, you have more energy than you've had in years, and that your ankles are no longer swollen, that's the miracle of modern Hep C medicines. It's a very encouraging sign that your body is reacting well to the treatment. We're certainly all rooting for you to finally get rid of this terrible virus after 40 long years, please keep us posted on your progress.
Category: FixHepC Admin
04 Oct 2019 07:11
Dear sir!
Thank you for your advice!!!

We both decided to go on therapy 24 week, but:

1) Should a man take Sofdac with 1200me of Ribavirin all 24 week? (Maybe stop ribavirin after 16 week, or take a less dose?) The hemoglobin level is kept at minimum values, we monitor it every week, but the overall health deteriorates every week-weakness, headaches and shortness of breath.

2) Women with 3a genotype will be treatment with 1200 me Riba full 24 week. Ribavirin is well tolerated, and the question of dose reduction or cancellation is not yet relevant.

About your question:
• We don't take any other medication during therapy (or we check cure on Hepdruginteractions site).
• We eat different food meat, fish, veg, fruits, include fresh carrot juice to increase haemoglobin level. Maybe we must eat smth special food?

Thank you for your participation and responsiveness!

Alex
02 Oct 2019 20:14
Hi Pacific,

Hmm, Maviret is good but 12 weeks with your profile is sub-optimal. I know you mentioned ITP but 32 platelets is pretty low and suggest more cirrhosis rather than less. I've treated patients with as low as 13 platelets and they now have ... tada ... 2x at 26 and SVR 24 and are back on the road driving trucks from Texas to Florida so I've seen worse.

GT3 + F4 + Y93H is as bad as it gets. If I was you, and of course I'm not, I would be throwing the kitchen sink at it. If this treatment fails you are in a world of pain. I will send you a PM.
02 Oct 2019 13:03
Hi Peter,

If, before treatment you had high values for your ALT and AST liver enzymes on you CMP then "proving" cure can really be as simple as repeating just the CMP and checking that your ALT and AST are back in the normal range - if they are down we know that there is no liver damage happening, and therefore there is no active Hep C.

You can get a viral load for about $150 (and under $100 in say Texas) using any of the providers listed here:

fixhepc.com/link2labs - and all but one of these labs will do it WITHOUT a doctors order and give the results straight back to you. Even for routine things like a CMP they are cheaper and use Quest and/or LabCorp collection centres. For example a CMP from www.walkinlab.com/category is $28 and a CBC + CMP is $44 so 1/2 the $88 you've been quoted...
02 Oct 2019 12:52
Hello Pacific,

The itching is almost certainly a mild drug allergy. You may find some over the counter antihistamine, probably taken 1 hour before the Maviret helps a bit. Short of changing the medication this is likely to continue through the entire treatment, but stop the day after your last tablet.

How long are you scheduled for? Ideally we would like 16 weeks Maviret for someone F4 with GT3.
02 Oct 2019 05:32
I also have itching. It was occasional before treatment. Now it starts 30-60 min after taking Mavyret with my last late evening meal. The itching is fairly intense for aprox 8 hrs then tapers off.

I started treatment 9-19'19, GT 3a, 40 years ago I had numerous transfusions, diagnosed approx 2006. Age 70. Fibroscan was inconclusive due to inflamation; showed stage 4 but it is suspected stage 3. A 1 cm lesion was detected via C T.

Over the past 5 years I have developed type 2 diabetes, psoriasis slight murmur and hypertension. I have familial ITP diagnosed 40 years ago with occurence in my daughter and granddaughter - they do not have HCV. My platelets have gone down gradually over the years and it is thought they may improve slightly, - I have no bleeding problems.

I am hopeful the increased itching is a sign the virus is being killed off quickly and will become less intense. Has anyone else had similar issues and experience with Mayvret and or treatment progression and or results of treatment? What may I possibly expect?
29 Sep 2019 01:17
Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. Have you had the expensive test (HCV RNA PCR, Quantitative) 6 months after finishing treatment? If you did and the result was undetected then you're cured and don't need any more tests (unless you're worried about reinfection). If you hadn't, then Dr James Freeman should be answering your question soon.
28 Sep 2019 19:51
It's been about a year since i took the hep c treatment and like to take a simple low cost lab work instesd of spending over $400.00 . Are these tests ok to diagnose if my hepc is gone

Hepatitis C with Confirmation
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
28 Sep 2019 07:42
Hello Coral

Thank you for responding to my post and sharing your information along with me.

I’m sorry you too suffered from brain fog but I am very happy it cleared over time with treatment towards HepC. I was getting slightly worried it may never subsid but hearing your story has given me much more motivation to push forward with treatment as well as information passed on by others. It also gives me peace of mind that the fog should gradually subside once the Hep C has gone.

Hoping for the best.

I will sure to be keeping all updated if I have further questions in the future.
Category: HCV Symptoms
27 Sep 2019 10:41
Hi Caravan1990,

It's good to hear that you are on the pathway to seeking treatment. Keep pushing forward with the aim of getting the medication and curing yourself of Hep C.

Brain fog is very common for those of us that had/have Hep C. You will see from my profile that I had the virus for a long time and have been cured for a few years now, through Dr James and this site.

Caravan 1990 we know exactly how you are feeling. I have experienced all that you have with the brain fog. In the few years before I finally found the treatment through fixHepc my ability to focus decreased along with my confidence in my own abilities and intellect. I had quite a high level and demanding job and found that everything, especially decision making, was starting to take longer. The fog became heavier with fatigue and what I now recognise as some depression. I hid it all pretty well but it was certainly there and it was very frustrating and confusing.

I can guarantee that when you cure yourself of Hep C the fog will gradually start to lift and your clarity of thought will return. You can start to feel benefits as the medication kicks in but for me the improvements were gradual but continual until I finally felt like my "old self". Or rather a "new old self" with a greater appreciation for my good fortune and my health.

We're with you on this so let us know how you are travelling. Looking forward to reading that you are starting your treatment.

Coral
27 Sep 2019 08:29
Hello Mar,

Thank you for responding to my question. That’s very inspiring to hear many other people’s brain fog lifted after treatment, I’m now really hoping to get started on treatment ASAP. Thanks everyone for responding.
27 Sep 2019 08:27
Hello DrJames

Thanks again for responding. Okay I never knew brain fog was so well associated with hep c symptoms. Thanks again for passing along the info. Hopefully will subside with treatment.
26 Sep 2019 19:13
Hello Dr James,

Thank you for your response. I am going to have a talk with my doctor on Friday and hopefully arrange to get on treatment ASAP. Is there many others on this forum or from what you know of experienced symptoms like this too? Thanks for the link too great info
26 Sep 2019 09:06
Although we call the virus Hepatitis C it is known to infect many other organs including the brain.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4840160/

My first bit of advice would be to tell your doctor exactly what you are feeling so they can arrange any tests they think you should have.

My second bit of advice would be to treat the Hepatitis C. There is no useful purpose served by delaying treatment because
  1. the drug pipeline has finished so there is nothing better in development meaning
  2. you will be treated with drugs that are currently available and
  3. it is quite likely that some, perhaps all, or your current medical issues will disappear with treatment.
Displaying 241 - 255 out of 6902 results.
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC