Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18540

rohcvfighter, well done!

I applaud your effort to help your countrymen. I bet you helped some people to eventually get cured. That's one hell of an achievement, to save someone's life

:cheer: :+1:
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, mgalbrai, beaches, Hazel, A.L., Matt-Kenney-google, rohcvfighter, fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18541

• A.L.
  • Thank you received: 29

Greedfighter wrote: AL, I revised my comments as the woman is not a government official. She is a corporate shill. I guarantee her next job will be a senior position at a pharma company, reward for a job well done.

Actually, it seems that you revised your comment as it suggested that an American being on a British committee was somehow wrong and a sign of corruption:

Greedfighter wrote: Yes beaches, I agree. It's very interesting, I listened to her again, she is an American! How is it that she is on a British pharmaceutical committee? What a corrupt world we live in.

Whether you think she is a "shill" or not is irrelevant. Your post simply betrayed your prejudices and ignorance.

Greedfighter wrote: She's not corrupt only because she plays for the greed team. I can't call her a tiger if the team uniform is orange and black stripes.

She's not corrupt; she is a piece of shit.

If you listen to her, I can't help but want to kick her in the mouth, however she is not corrupt, since she represents the pharma manufacturers, who are delighted by high prices at the expense of human life. Yay team!

:evil:

And in this last post of yours, do you really think you can brush off with an emoticon your stated desire to kick a woman in the mouth because you have decided she represents a point of view that you disagree with?

And then congratulate yourself by shouting, "Yay, team!"?

Unless you wish to have an identity associated with advocating violence, you really need to think a bit before hitting the send button.
G4, F4, cirrhosis.

Thank you to Gilead, Michael Sofia, and the terrific folk at FixHepC for making this adventure possible.

YEAR..... ALT..... AST..... GGT... FERRITIN........................................
2009....... 210..... 215..... 953..... 1400........... (Bad health, stupidity)
2015....... 60....... 45....... 150..... 360............. (Improved diet and health, FixHepC treatment)
2016....... 20....... 24....... 25....... 156............. (SVR 12)

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18542

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The life you save will be your own. START TREATMENT
  • Thank you received: 2254
Sorry A.L.
Sorry that you don't get that pretty much everyone on this forum finds dealing in death offensive
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed in 2004, had HCV for all my adult life. Until 2016!!!!
Harvoni treatment, started 19 March 2016
4 week results Bilirubin 12 down from 14 pre treatment,
Gamma 25 down from 52, ALT 19 down from 63, AST 19 down from 47,
VL <15 down from a lazy 6 million or so

EOT Results
Bilirubin 10, GGT 18, ALT 19, AST 21, VL UND

12 Weeks post EOT
Bilirubin 11, GGT 16, ALT 22, AST 20, VL UND
Cured baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: A.L., Greedfighter, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18543

My parents are from Wales (in the UK). I was born in Canada. I revised my comment because she can't be corrupt, since she represents a pharma trade organization. I initially thought she was a government official. I'm British by heritage, and have no animosity towards Americans.

She defends Gilead's pricing model, which is indefensible. If I could get away with it and not go to jail, I would kick her in the teeth. I hate people who are a piece of shit, they use valuable food and water.

There are people in this world who have no food and water. This woman is a waste of resources.
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: A.L., fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18544

• A.L.

beaches wrote: Sorry A.L.
Sorry that you don't get that pretty much everyone on this forum finds dealing in death offensive

That is not any form of rebuttal – it is the response of a hysterical child attempting to derail an argument with hyperbole.

The commies used to do a similar thing when criticised on specific human rights issues. They would simply say that the US was in no position to comment because they once had slavery, which is a pitiful quality of argument that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

But to be fair, emotional outbursts and convulsive fits can win arguments, but not in an honourable way, especially when they are accompanied by fantasies or threats of violence as demonstrated by a recent poster.

If I were of a more delicate nature, I'd be reporting one of you to the moderators, but I'm pretty sure that once the bawling has stopped, it will be bedtime and the noise will quieten down, so I'll put such drastic responses aside until they are really necessary.
G4, F4, cirrhosis.

Thank you to Gilead, Michael Sofia, and the terrific folk at FixHepC for making this adventure possible.

YEAR..... ALT..... AST..... GGT... FERRITIN........................................
2015....... 60....... 45....... 150..... 360............. (Improved diet and health, FixHepC treatment)

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18547

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Greedfighter wrote:
She defends Gilead's pricing model, which is indefensible.

I can't understand how anyone with Hep C would not be deeply, deeply offended when someone starts on about cost vs value. What she was saying amounted to blackmail, pure and simple. :angry:
Genotype 1a

EOT Results

12 Weeks post EOT
Cured baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: A.L., Greedfighter, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18548

This woman speaks from a position of power.

Gilead has the patent. Pay 95K or die. A position of strength and arrogance. "Let's talk about value", does not mean much if no one values me enough to pay for my life saving treatment.

Sounds kind of like "let them eat cake"

Lots of rich people got separated from their heads shortly after that comment.
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: A.L., Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18550

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

A.L. wrote:
If I were of a more delicate nature, I'd be reporting one of you to the moderators,

Go right ahead
Genotype 1a

EOT Results

12 Weeks post EOT
Cured baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel, A.L., Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18552

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594

Greedfighter wrote: rohcvfighter, well done!

I applaud your effort to help your countrymen. I bet you helped some people to eventually get cured. That's one hell of an achievement, to save someone's life

:cheer: :+1:

Hi G,

I saw your message only couple of minutes ago.
Thank you, I hope too that some RO people got valuable information in their native language. I tend to believe that a major part of HCV patients from Romania are over a certain age and because of this, they did not had the chance to learn the English language, so if they (or via their friends, children) can read and understand the information, it will be a big plus.

Cheers
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, pat1, A.L., Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18577

• fretboard
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Defender-Against Big Pharma!
  • Thank you received: 340

beaches wrote:

A.L. wrote:
If I were of a more delicate nature, I'd be reporting one of you to the moderators,

Go right ahead

Yeah go on do it. It's a new day and you got the time now.

G1a dx'd in 1992, Biopsy F2 VL 8mill +. Tried tx with Interferon/Riba, back in 2008 didn't last long it felt horribly ugly!! I stopped tx, after 5 weeks!!
Started tx 6/1/16 with Harvoni.
12 Month Labs= UND
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, A.L., Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18580

• A.L.

fretboard wrote:

beaches wrote:

A.L. wrote:

Go right ahead

Yeah go on do it. It's a new day and you got the time now.

You guys aren't too good with the reading comprehension, are you? I have a strong constitution, so I am quite capable of enduring your company, even though some of you are so crazed by hate that you have announced a violent fantasy. I will not report you today.

One funny thing is that in today's culture of cowardice, I am probably more likely to get into trouble for using logic that is relatively neutral, but embarrassing for you, than that other person here is likely to be censured for voicing his desire to attack a woman he disagrees with. It is all very peculiar.

Aktually, come to think of it, your behaviour is so messy that I have a feeling that I am just being trolled by children or drug addicts. Silly me! I might leave you for a bit until you sober up or decide to try to act a little more mature.
G4, F4, cirrhosis.

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18581

• A.L.

beaches wrote:

Greedfighter wrote:
She defends Gilead's pricing model, which is indefensible.

What she was saying amounted to blackmail, pure and simple. :angry:

No, it doesn't. She was outlining a business position. Interestingly a business position that has allowed many people on this site to get better by buying drugs that Gilead has made cheaply available in certain countries.

Please don't let your desire to be angry at something cloud your reason concerning the medication that is benefiting so many people (if they have more than two brain cells in their heads and a sense of adventure.) She is not responsible for the business environment created by the governments that have been democratically elected.
G4, F4, cirrhosis.

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18582

• fretboard
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Defender-Against Big Pharma!
  • Thank you received: 340

A.L. wrote: I might leave you for a bit.

Yeah you do that.
G1a dx'd in 1992, Biopsy F2 VL 8mill +. Tried tx with Interferon/Riba, back in 2008 didn't last long it felt horribly ugly!! I stopped tx, after 5 weeks!!
Started tx 6/1/16 with Harvoni.
12 Month Labs= UND
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18583

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
A.L. wrote:
"I might leave you for a bit."

Perhaps you would be happier and better off somewhere else.
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google

BBC Newsnight - mostly talk about media representation & greed 7 years 10 months ago #18584

• re_roll
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 365
A.L....personally, I enjoy your posts. You bring a different perspective to the table
and obviously, you have a thick skin. Sometimes your posts rub people the wrong
way and your modus operandi is a bit harsh.

Life and reality is not all peaches and cream which seems to underlie your
comments. If that is the case, I happen to agree with you, but try to tone it
down a bit unless you really don't care.....e.
contracted Gen 1a in the 70's, dx in 2007...ast 27 to 35...alt 43 to 96...vl 1.2 mil to 8.6 mil.
biopsy F-2 (2012)..pre tx results 1/23/16 ast 32, alt 46, vl 3.1 mil
tx started 2/11/16.... lab results 2/24/16 ast 18, alt 18, vl <15 IU/ml
28 days later.............lab results 3/9/16 ast 21, alt 21, vl UND
56 days later.............lab results 4/6/16 ast 20, alt 22, vl UND
139 days later...........lab results 6/29/16 ast 28, alt 30, vl UND...EOT
SVR24
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC