Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3237

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
Yep being anxious about not being able to sleep will make it more difficult. I have nerve pain which wakes me up/prevents me sleeping through the night, best thing is to occupy yourself with something like reading, not dwelling on the fact you can't sleep. Often it will then just happen.
GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-Jarman-facebook

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3239

• Life
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Geno 3, started TX 15th october 2015. Mesochem
  • Thank you received: 186
Hello! I'm taking a quarter of xanax at night...Hope that is no problem...

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3241

The Doc said benzos are fine Life.
Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Life

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3242

Some kind of insomnia is fairly common with all of these drugs, especially the riba. Not falling asleep. Waking up early. Not such a big deal unless you have to go to work all bleary eyed and wore out. Not getting anxious about it helps, even if you have to take a light sleeping pill now and again to break the cycle of sleep deprivation. Other than that I use essential oils. Marjoram is the most sedative but the smell is a bit medicinal. Mix with other more pleasant smells, like lavender and Clary Sage which are both relaxing. Dilute with a few drops of lotion and spread on pulse points, back of neck, anywhere you like really. Focusing on a pleasant smell helps the mind to stop racing. Sometimes that is all it takes to drop off.

dt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chejai

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3245

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
Mindfulness meditation is also a good one, particularly if you can't take sleeping meds long term due to addiction issues.

May as well observe your thoughts, since you can't stop em lol
GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3247

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Yes benzos can can used. The FAQs have a list of common medications you might want to use to save looking up the interactions:

fixhepc.com/kunena-2015-11-10/faq.html

Insomnia is a known side effect of these medications. Here is my generic advice about insomnia:

gp2u.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/how-do-i-fix-my-insomnia.html
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Life, Chejai

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3250

• gary
  • Thank you received: 41
2b, I am also having some sleep issues, getting to sleep after taking the meds is sometimes difficult, but am not taking any sleep meds. However, I am changing the time I take the tx to morning. I confirmed with Dr Freeman and you can simply take your meds at an earlier time - around lunchtime/afternoon - one day then the next day take them in the morning and stay on the new schedule. I will be doing the changover this weekend as it is a 3-day long weekend here. Maybe you could consider doing the same thing. I am on day 26 of Sof/Dac. Best of luck. Gary

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3260

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
Hi Gary, I have been taking them in the morning, when i started in Aus it was night but when i got back here, the night became morning and I have stayed on the morning schedule. At first I thought the 3 hour thing was one thing, but its weirdly consistent now. 3 hours of sleep and pow, im up.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3261

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 95
Hello 2b
I am day 15 today. I have the same problem…I go to sleep then 3 hours later am awake..I drift off back to sleep have extremely vivid dreams and wake up on the hour and repeat the dreams until next hour.

Although last night after my first 'wake up' I slept for four hours straight.

I spoke to my nurse last week (my first week) and said I may need sleeping tablets..she suggested I wait until week 4 to see if it settles down. And there was a change last night. I realise waiting may be difficult for you because you work . Good luck.
GT2B Diagnosed 1989
Started Tx 6.Nov.2015
F3 Fibroscan 17: April.2015
Alt PreTx: 186 Ast PreTx: 157 VL PreTx: 733,000 27.10.2015
Alt Week 4: 14 Ast Week 4: 28 VL Week 4: UND 7.12.2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chejai

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3277

• gary
2b, bummer about already being on a morning schedule. Maybe no easy fix then. I guess as Joan wrote, you could wait a bit and hope it changes, go with some sleep meds or try some natural treatments, meditation, exercise, etc. I have been living with the shortened sleep, it is getting better day by day, and making up for it on days off but figure to change the tx schedule as it isn't the optimal situation. Good luck with the situation and hoping for the best for you. Gary

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3278

• emilio
  • In the field of opportunity its ploughing time
  • Thank you received: 475
Absolutely 2b the 3 hour sleeping stints resonates with me. I now know that can get back to sleep from there but in the beginning I as living on 4/5 hours a night but felt okay with that. Getting a good six hours now and feeling pretty good. Em
Geno 1b F2/3 snce early 80s. Treated in 2008_9 for 63 weeks on INF/Riba. Commence Sof/Dac on 6 October 2015 and completed 18 weeks of tx. UND at 4-6 weeks, UND at EOT, SVR 2, SVR 6 and SVR 12 on 6 May 2016.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2b

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3286

I have the same problem.Intense sleep with crazy vivid dreams for about 4 or 5hrs ,and then wide awake with the brain going like an out of control bus.
I'm convinced its the "speed like effect riba has on the brain".I dug up a box of 100- 10mg of diazapan I had bought while in Laos 2yrs ago and never used.I find one cut in 4 with a tablet cutter.ie 2.5mg does the trick,and quickly puts me back to sleep..As far as can find out there are no adverse effects on tx,and I don't expect to have to keep using them.
A period of deep meditation during the day seems to help too.Exercise too is important,at least for me.A day without it and I notice the adverse effect immediately.
Gen 1b 40yrs,tx naive, f3/f4.VL too high to quantify.
Started tx 12Oct.sof and riba India via greg.Dac from Mesochem.
4wk result virus not detected,all liver functions in normal ranges.
Only SE intermittent insomnia.Feel great and grateful otherwise

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 4 months ago #3307

• gary
2b, I have been doing a bit of research and came across various sites that discuss using castor oil. Some suggest putting it on your eyelids for insomnia and others recommend a compress for liver/ lymph detox. It may sound a bit unusual, the eyelid part, but the compress seems to have been used for years and there are some studies supporting the effectiveness of using it. I actually have some oil and compresses I bought recently but did not use so am going to test it over the next few days, especially interested in the eyelid part. According to TCM when the liver is not functioning well people tend to wake up in the early hours due to congestion, etc. Anyway, if you are interested google it and see what you think. Regards, Gary

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 2 months ago #9834

• Chejai
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • G3a 35yrsHCV
  • Thank you received: 289

dointime wrote: Some kind of insomnia is fairly common with all of these drugs, especially the riba. Not falling asleep. Waking up early. Not such a big deal unless you have to go to work all bleary eyed and wore out. Not getting anxious about it helps, even if you have to take a light sleeping pill now and again to break the cycle of sleep deprivation. Other than that I use essential oils. Marjoram is the most sedative but the smell is a bit medicinal. Mix with other more pleasant smells, like lavender and Clary Sage which are both relaxing. Dilute with a few drops of lotion and spread on pulse points, back of neck, anywhere you like really. Focusing on a pleasant smell helps the mind to stop racing. Sometimes that is all it takes to drop off.
dt

Absolutely agree DT, I use an Aromatherapy diffuser at night, with a Blended mix that does contain Marjoram and I add Clary Sage and Cinnamon Essential Oils and I'm out!! The nights I haven't had such good sleep have been extremely hot, no a/c, only a fan and it blows my 'aromas' around ;) but, drops on a pillow then help :)

Same as others are saying, I sleep about 4-5 hours and wake - having wild dreams - go back to sleep and they continue, it's like pressing pause on a video!
QLD Australia ☀️
G3a HCV 35 yrs Tx naive
Started Sof/Dac 13/01/16

Dec '15
AST 70
ALT 89
GGT 124
Fibroscore 8.5
F1-F2
13 Feb'16 VL UND #woohoo!
AST 24
ALT 26
GGT 50H
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl

Side effects for sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir combo. 8 years 2 months ago #9847

Hey Chajai - Personally, I can't live without lavender oil - Always to hand, especially when traveling. #flower
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13