• Page:

TOPIC:

Long term side effects 4 years 9 months ago #27956

• Frank
  • Frank's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello.

Tanks for a good internet site.
My English is not so good.but i wil try to get it rigth.

I am a 55 years old male.

I goth hep c in 1998.And i had geno type 1a.

I had my first treatment in 2001 with 48 weeks of interferon and ribavirin.But it was not successful.
Afther treatment i feel wery sick of long term side effects.This last in 9 years so in 2010 i started to feel better from the medication.

And then in 2013 i had a new treatment for 48 weeks of interferon,ribavirin and victrelis.And it was still not successful.And i was feeling wery sick afther treatment again.

And last i have a treatment in 2017 with harvoni and ribavirin in 12 weeks.And this time it was successful.

And it is no 2 years and 3 month since last treatment and i have not hep c.

I had a liver test no 18.07.19 and it was: alat 19,asat 23,alp 92,ld 157,ggt 16.

But my big problem no is that i feeling sicker than ever of side effects.I can not take vitamins,it feels like poisen,and i get even sicker.I am not drinking any alkohol or take any drugs.

And no my question is.Are there any ting i can do to get better of this long term side effecks.Can i use any medication to get better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Long term side effects 4 years 9 months ago #27958

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello Frank,

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell.

The old Interferon/Ribavirin was very harsh. You noted it took 9 years to recover from the 2001 treatment and treated again in 2013 with it before the Harvoni treatment in 2017.

While it may be leftover effects from the Interferon, or, less likely, the Harvoni what must be remembered is that Hep C treatment provides 0% protection from all other diseases.

Do you have blood results for full blood count, iron studies, creatinine, urea and electrolytes, vitamin b12, thyroid function, ESR, CRP and HbA1c?

This group of tests looks for a range of other things that make people feel sick.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC