Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Running a marathon after getting rid of HCV 5 years 5 months ago #27267

• EC2
  • EC2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello,

2.5 years ago I got in contact with FixHepC to treat my HCV with generics. Thanks to you who make this wonderful community and especially to dr. Freeman, I got cured.
What seemed to be impossible, was in fact possible. I believe many of you felt the same.

After being cured, I wanted to do another "impossible mission" and see whether I could run the 42km of a marathon and I did it recently. It is a personal success which was impossible for me when I had HCV. I do not wish to say that anyone who gets treated can or should run a marathon. It requires a lot of time and research and most important, it means you have to work hard to do this.

Similarly as when I decided to get treated with generics, I had friends telling me "you are crazy", "it is too much risk, be careful", etc. In my case I just felt I had to take it. Knowing my former HCV situation might be a barrier, I had to read a lot about marathons, I had to prepare myself a lot, I had to have a lot of patience while training, I had to make my own planning and after 2 years, it worked.

Achieving such a goal is not something that "just happens", you must commit yourself. You must go to action, otherwise you will remain a spectator.
The same applies for treating your HCV. No magic will happen unless you commit to get treated. Research, seek help, ask questions, see how other people treated their HCV, make your own plan and .... go to action. Nothing will happen if you do not go to action.

Last word: Treating HCV is possible. Get started!

Thank you dr. Freeman! Thank you FixHepC!

EC2
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, splitdog, Hazel, Iain, hanknassi, Mar, Songbird

Running a marathon after getting rid of HCV 5 years 5 months ago #27268

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
That's a really inspiring story, congratulations on your achievement, and your cure EC2 :) :+1: :+1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Hazel, EC2, hanknassi

Running a marathon after getting rid of HCV 5 years 5 months ago #27269

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Thanks for sharing your story EC2

No magic will happen unless you commit to get treated

Except for this!

#magic
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, splitdog, EC2, hanknassi, Mar

Running a marathon after getting rid of HCV 5 years 5 months ago #27282

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Thanks for the great post EC2 and congratulations. I like your analogy between preparing for a marathon and taking action to treat HepC so that you become a participant not a spectator. Very inspiring... #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Hazel, EC2, hanknassi, Mar

Running a marathon after getting rid of HCV 4 years 5 months ago #28212

• EC2
  • EC2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello everybody,

I was thinking these days to the forum members and the generic drugs for treating HCV and thought it would be good to write a line here in this thread.

Life without HCV is amazing and allows you to think and act on goals that would have been almost impossible while still being sick. I am doing well and preparing currently for my 3rd marathon race which will take place in about 6 months.

I found that exercising was very helpful on both aspects: physically and mentally, therefore, unless otherwise recommended by a doctor, seek to do a (safe :) ) sport activity that you enjoy.

If allowed, I would say that: cured of HCV + sport = happiness :). So..... treat your HCV and be happy!

EC2
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Iain, hanknassi, Mar

Running a marathon after getting rid of HCV 4 years 5 months ago #28213

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hello EC, that's some excellent advice. Congratulations on your cure and on starting to fulfill your goals. Getting cured from Hep C + playing a sport that you love is indeed a very healthy combination that should bring plenty of joy into anyone's life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, EC2, hanknassi

Running a marathon after getting rid of HCV 4 years 5 months ago #28214

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi EC2! It's great to hear that you are still running those marathons and enjoying your HepC free life. I'm more into climbing up things than running long distances but it feels like anything's possible again once the virus is gone.

Messages like yours are so important as they can reach people who might be thinking about getting treated but haven't quite made the leap. As we know the treatment doesn't cure all of life's problems but it certainly makes it much easier to manage them.

Best of luck for your next marathon.

Coral #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, EC2, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC