Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

6 months after treatment 3 years 11 months ago #28639

• KarenB
  • KarenB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi folks. I wanted to share that I just received today my 6 months after end of treatment HCV RNA results (took 3 months generic harvoni treatment from fixhepc) and they are..... NEGATIVE!
My ast/alt numbers stayed nice and low since week 4 of treatment till now. I did a fibroscan which is showing what seems to be a very healthy liver (i was always 0-1 in the fibroscan tests, but the value was improving in the last few years, with the last one done now, 6 months after treatment, being the lowest number ever, showing no liver damage at all)

I hope that this means to have the hcv chapter closed but, of course, never forgoten. I learned so much through this battle. Want to appreciate this site and the people that work here, and wish best of luck and health to all forum users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, fitz, Iain, hanknassi, Mar

6 months after treatment 3 years 11 months ago #28653

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi KarenB,

That is wonderful news and thanks so much for sharing. Our personal stories can sometimes help others who may be nervous and unsure to consider treatment. Wishing you your best Hep C free life.

Coral #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, fitz, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC