Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12183

• Chejai
  • Chejai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • G3a 35yrsHCV
  • Thank you received: 289
Dan said-
"My BP is normal and I'm not anemic. On the last visit my GP sent me for VL blood test and to check for diabetes.

I have an appointment this weekend with the neurologist, it will be interesting to see what they say. 7 month ago they didn't want to see me and said to complete HEP C treatment first."

Ok, glad to hear your BP is ok and not anaemic. Interested to hear what the neurologist says for you. I'm going request diabetes test next GP visit too.

Good Luck mate :)
QLD Australia ☀️
G3a HCV 35 yrs Tx naive
Started Sof/Dac 13/01/16

Dec '15
AST 70
ALT 89
GGT 124
Fibroscore 8.5
F1-F2
13 Feb'16 VL UND #woohoo!
AST 24
ALT 26
GGT 50H

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12357

• Dan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Neurologist told me that he doesn't think it is neurological issues, but could be post ( postal blood pressure). He wrote to my HP asking to refer me to cardiologist for 24 hour BP check and bed test ( moving positions up and down)

My cholesterol is slightly raised, but blood sugar is ok.
Gen 1b, F1-F2. Naive.
Started Twinvir tx on 2 nd of December 2015 for 12 weeks.
Starting VL 400000, Alt 49/AST 44
1 week VL 29, ALT 44/AST 30.
4 weeks VL 12, ALT 33, Platelets 145, all other tests normal.
7 weeks VL Detected, ALT 28, all other normal
8 weeks UND, 12 week UND, 24 week SVR UND
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chejai, isaing4

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12445

• pat1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 977
Hi everyone, I thought I would add some notes re my EOT and transition withdrawing from meds
observations so far
4 days post Tx I am feeling pretty good overall. My energy levels are increasing. I dropped a BP med a couple of days back. This med was introduced at approx wk 8 Tx and was a diuretic. I noticed that I needed to allow my body time and attention so as to adjust/catch up so to speak. I am resting indoors in this way out March 40 deg heat. My heart rate and BP fluctuated between high and normal yesterday. Today it has settled and I expect this to continue. The weird thing is that my sleeping pattern has gone from short 2 X 3 hour blocks overnight on Tx to kind of a wide awake whole body reluctance to relax down and enter the twilight zone. So if you see me logged on at 3am in the morning Aus standard time please feel free to chat with me! I I'll be with you. All the best #love life and living has searched me out and reclaimed 'who' was once me!
gt 1a VL 6m
F2/3 FibroScan - 9KPa in 2011 and 7KPa in 2015
sof/dac 10 December for 12 weeks
pre tx alt 85 ast 51
4 wk alt 34 ast 31 UND <35
8 wk alt 29 ast 32 UND <15
12wk alt 25 ast 25 EOT 3.3.16
SVR24 UND KPa5.3 F0 in normal range
I am well
.forever grateful to fixhepc
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Chejai, Ariel, Gaj, splitdog, Hazel

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12525

• Chejai
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • G3a 35yrsHCV
Hi Dan, glad to hear it's not neurological and I was a bit confused at first as to what 'post BP' was :huh: I realise you mean postural aka orthostatic BP. Unfortunately, that's the only one I seem to find on Google describing the dizziness, light-headedness, feeling faint, seeing stars etc. BUT it's describing a reaction in BP from standing after sitting or lying down not bending or crouching down and then standing - which is my issue. My GP has done the orthostatic test 'sit then stand' and I'm 'normal'.

Hope you find out your cause and that it's not anything serious, all the best.

Hi Pat1, Congratulations on your EOT and glad to hear you're feeling pretty good, despite the overwhelming heat and insomnia!

Al the best to you :) #love #flower
QLD Australia ☀️
G3a HCV 35 yrs Tx naive
Started Sof/Dac 13/01/16

Dec '15
AST 70
ALT 89
GGT 124
Fibroscore 8.5
F1-F2
AST 24
ALT 26
GGT 50H

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12529

• pat1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Further to my last post, I thought I would give another update as it is now about 6 days since EOT. My BP and heart rate have stabilised and dropped to 115/80 and 80 respectively. All those crazy, debilitating joint pains are gone and so has the sporadic, shooting nerve pain. I am conscious of my need to regain some kind of level of fitness and so plan to resume walking and bike riding. Last night, I had my first reasonable good nights sleep since I started meds and that was omg amazing! I going out this evening to celebrate International Women's Day and I am looking forward to the event; before Tx I would have thought it all too hard. I am returning to work on Saturday after an absence of almost 6 weeks. I plan to review my pre diabetes status in a couple of months and I wait now for SVR4. I feel as though hepc has gone. I am still hanging about the forum though hahah!
gt 1a VL 6m
pre tx alt 85 ast 51
I am well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Gaj, zhuk, isaing4, Fara

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12835

I'm nearly 4 weeks post tx now and will get tests done at the end of the week all up feeling pretty good I still get some liver discomfort as a result of fatty liver but am addressing that now. Ate way too much good food for the past 6 weeks and expect to knock a few kgs off over the next few weeks.

The 18 weeks went pretty quickly without any dramas either sides were minimal with only a few rough days much better than Inf/Riba regime.

Crossing fingers now.
Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Chejai, Gaj, zhuk, isaing4, splitdog

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12836

Nice!!
I put on about 15 lbs during tx, mainly from just relaxing, reading and letting my body focus its energies on getting rid of the crap. No sides to speak of then or now. It seems there are a lot of different effects of tx popping up. Maybe some of us tolerate the meds better than others. Maybe underlying conditions. Who knows..... Time and numbers cured should help make more sense out of it all.
Welcome back!
M
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Gaj, isaing4

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12840

feeling ok here been 11 days off tx. Some edema ankle remains. Put on 6 kgs on tx, still eating like a glutton :P
Treatment naive
F 3/4
Genotype 1 a & b
V/L 17 MILLION
Started Harvoni 11th Dec 2015 for 12 weeks
4 weeks VL UND
6 WEEKS ALT 32, AST 34
EOT 03/03 2016 ! UND
ALT 34, AST 26
04.04.2016 SVR 4
26.05.2016 SVR 12
16.08.2016 SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, isaing4

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12847

• Chejai
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • G3a 35yrsHCV
Glad to hear your back Paul and having reached EOT recently. Wow, it would have been tough on that cruise doing things in 'Moderation' - probably left that platitude at port :lol:

Interesting how many people have been gaining weight on Tx I'm losing it, 5 kgs actually. I'm glad because I suddenly started gaining weight over a yr ago and kept on going after sitting at a steady weight for a couple of years prior.

Looking forward to hearing your SVR results Paul, all the best :+1: :)
QLD Australia ☀️
G3a HCV 35 yrs Tx naive
Started Sof/Dac 13/01/16

Dec '15
AST 70
ALT 89
GGT 124
Fibroscore 8.5
F1-F2
AST 24
ALT 26
GGT 50H

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12854

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
Glad to hear it Paul! EOT first milestone, great stuff.

As you (and pretty much everybody) predicted, hardly any sides to speak of....it is really a walk in the park, compared. No wonder the docs weren't willing to allow me to got on inf/peg...unless things went very bad :P And thank god they never did.

I will have everything crossed for you :)
GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12898

• Jaz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 82
10 days post EOT here. Had minor sides during Tx. Very slight sleep disturbance and energy highs and lows but most of the time I just felt like my usual self minus the constant tiredness. I wouldn't have known I was taking anything.

Been feeling a bit tired the past week but I think that's just from a trip away from home and being very busy. Feeling a bit of discomfort in the liver region suddenly today which I'm trying not to worry about. This and fatigue were my only noticeable symptoms of hep c pre-Tx. It did seem to ease off during Tx, around half way I think. My whole body is sore from gardening yesterday so I'm hoping it's just related to that...
3a F0 TX Naive
Started Tx 12/12/2015 Kingswood Sof/Dac

Pre Tx - ALT 71 AST 40 V/L 9 million
Day 11 - ALT 12 AST 15
4 week - LFTs normal - detected (same sample sent for v/l showed undetected) :/
6 week - UND
12 week EOT - UND
SVR4
SVR12
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, isaing4, MtGoat

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 1 month ago #12900

• isaing4
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Stop saying 'I wish' and start saying 'I will'. :)
  • Thank you received: 423
I am 2.5 weeks post EOT.
I am feeling well and full of energy. All good till now!

My tx journey was easy, no noticeable sx. B12 and D were low so I took from half tx those vitamins. At EOT the B12 and D vitamins were in the normal range, half range.
In week 9 I had 3 days of flu, with watery nose and watery eyes and sore throat and feeling not well. Every muscle in my body was aching. :unsure:
I didn't took any pills. I drunk a lot of hot fruit tea and I made myself steam inhalations with essential oils.

I am waiting 4 weeks after EOT blood tests. Fingers crossed for SVR4!

Wish you all the best and only UND!
#duck #love #flower

PS Huge appetite during tx! I put on 3 kg in 3 months! B)
HCV since I don't know. Diagnosed in 2010.
GT1b, F0/F1, VL 9M, ALT 44, AST 42, Tx naive,
started 12 wks Twinvir on 06.12.2015. Feeling great and grateful :)
virus not detected 06.02.2016 & SVR24
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel, Fara

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13746

• pat1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
#flower I am now 4 weeks post EOT. I noticed some liver twinges durIng those 4 weeks and still felt fatigued. Last night was the first night where I slept flat out for 6 hours. I did ease into a couple of short days at work a couple of weeks ago and struggled just a little bit. I haven't been able to work for 8 weeks as I felt so fatigued and attention to detail was absolutely missing. Double dosing - I read those posts and I think London Girl mentioned a 3 sec window of memory opportunity. If I didn't completely focus on my pill taking I could miss it. One evening I spent 2 stressful hours counting my meds and back tracking on my calendar to try and work out if I had indeed taken my sof/dac.This week I worked 3 X 8 hour days and at the end of the day although I felt nervous on day one today I was able to feel as though I had put in a good effort. So I think I am back. :+1: work is not my only health indicator as my general feeling of well being overwhelms #flower I had blood drawn for SVR4 so here's hoping! I feel so very glad to have had this opportunity to treat. #flower
gt 1a VL 6m
pre tx alt 85 ast 51
I am well
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Ariel

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13749

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Hi Pat,

Glad to hear that everything is coming together for you again with sleep, work and well being now that your Tx is complete. :cheer:
Best wishes for all your SVR results being UND! :+1: #flower
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel

Any Post-Treatment Reflections? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13751

• Debs
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 437
Only just taken a look at this really interesting thread. Glad to know I'm not the only one putting on weight! And I needed to lose a few pounds to start with. Plenty exercise but seem to "forget" about food.
Also, anyone else still getting liver discomfort and bloating? Maybe it's just the food.
Only four tablets to go. Dieting now ha ha at this late stage!

Pat - That is a lovely thing to read " my general sense of well being overwhelms." And wishing you all the best for your SVR4 results! #love #duck #flower
Geno 1a, F1, tx naive, had it 35 yrs.
Started Cipla HepcvirL on 12/01/16
Starting VL 490,000
At 16 days in <15
4 week results: UND
8 week results: UND
5 weeks EOT alt 25
SVR 15 - Not Detected
6 months EOT - Not Detected
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC