Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newly diagnosed 5 years 9 months ago #26841

Hi,

Hank from you website said to post to 'expert corner' I hope I am posting correctly.

My name is Barb and i just found out I have HCV. If I had to guess I would say I have had it for nearly four decades. I will be sixty soon.

ALT: 23(0-50), AST: 21 Platelets: 237 VL: 1050000 Genotype: 2

I have an appointment in the US on 7/17, with a GI physicians assistant, and really don't want to wait that long to be told i can't afford the treatment here. I want to cut to the chase, consult with Dr James Freeman and get on with treatment. I have no idea where to get a fibroscan, if needed. I don't know know if the APRI is an accurate test, but mine in under .5.

Anyhow, any guidance or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, so much and I am so happy to have wonderful folks like yourselves in my corner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Newly diagnosed 5 years 9 months ago #26842

Hi Barb

Welcome to the forum.
Just in regards to the APRI. That reading would mean no or very little fibrosis and with your low liver enzymes and a very normal plat count your odds are good that there is not advanced fibrosis.

You seem to have a plan of attack.
If you have already been in touch with Dr. Freeman great and if not and need some help just ask away.
Diagnosed: 2001 GT1a , HCV since mid-70's.
Biopsy 2010 F1
Fibroscan and Fibrosure 2018 F2

Treated in trial 2010 with Dac/Peg/ Riba and Relapsed.

Resistance test 2017. Have Ns5a Rav Q30r/H58d enhanced from doing Dac.

Start Tx. Jan 18th/18 w/ Vosevi /Riba 12wks. plus 6 wks.Viekira Pak +Sof/Riba(From Dr Freeman @GP2U)

VL start: 1.6mill.ALT 125 AST 88
Wk. 4 Det @LLOQ <15.
VL Wk.8 UND Alt &Ast 22
Wk. 12 UND
EOT:UND

EOT+12 >>>UND (SVR12)! ALT11 AST13
Nov6/18 SVR 24!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Newly diagnosed 5 years 9 months ago #26843

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
Hi Barb,

If you want to make a video appointment with Dr Freeman, or a member of his team, you can use the "Contact" form (top right of page) or send a mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you take into account possible time zone differences, I am sure someone will get back to you very soon.

Good luck!
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Newly diagnosed 5 years 9 months ago #26846

Thanks. I will be setting up an appointment with Dr James and realize it is still his weekend. I have set up an account through gp2u, should I schedule through the ' contact' link or through gp2u?
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Newly diagnosed 5 years 9 months ago #26847

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hello Barb and welcome to the forum. You're making a very good choice by taking matters into your own hands. It's a fact that unless you have severe Fibrosis or Cirrhosis, you have about zero chance of getting treated through insurance.

If you've already created an account at GP2U, you can easily book an appointment with Dr James through your account yourself by choosing a suitable time. If you prefer to have someone at FixHepC book the appointment for you, you can send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. is fine too as Jan has access to both emails). Best of luck to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi

Newly diagnosed 5 years 9 months ago #26885

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Barb,

Welcome and well done for taking the first steps towards a Hep C free life. I think I also had the virus for nearly four decades and with the help and support of Dr Freeman, GP2U and many wonderful people on this forum I am cured and continue to feel and appreciate the benefits.

I look forward to hearing that you have started your treatment. Ask away if you have any questions - chances are someone else has thought it, asked it, felt it or worried about it. You have come to the right place and with Dr Freeman you couldn't be in safer hands.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar, Poodlelover
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC