The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Why am I afraid to take the medications? 8 years 2 months ago #9907

• Archer
  • Brief is life...love is long..
  • Thank you received: 176
thanks Cindi, appreciate your thoughtfulness. I have a lot on my plate at the moment so my forum attendance, & particularly my posting is likely to be a bit patchy. Im travelling ok on the sof/dac - few side effects, mainly fatigue, occasionally headache, fatigue and fizzing tongue (which I have explained to drs in the past, but get looked at like Ive peed on the carpet). In the past its sometimes been so severe I thought I might be having a stroke, particularly considering how crook I felt when it happened - usually at the end of a long, tiring work day when I can't push myself any further. It seems from reading various threads, there appears to be no accounting for the odd variation of perceived symptoms reported around HCV.

regards to Buddy J. How is your friend, the Vet, going - is he able to get some help yet. take care. will catch up soon. Archer xx
Fem. Gen 1a.18.4 kPa. IL28b - CT. Cirrhosis 4B/c. MELD 11. Portal Hypertension. Ascites. Varices. (Gr.3). post surgical Coma 2011- Tx denied. 15/09 - INR 1.2 platelets 58 (150-450) albumin 32 (35-50) bilirubin 40 (2-20) ALT 183 (0-45) AST 281(0-41) GGT 39(0-45). Liver lesions AFP 16 <8.

Why am I afraid to take the medications? 8 years 2 months ago #10240

• CJ
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
Hi Archer,

Sorry I missed this post.
Not sure what your "fizzing tongue" means

Hope it settles down as the virus induced problems improve, now that you're UD :)

J's fine. He's at EOT now & had bloods yesterday, just for peace of mind.

Hope you're feeling better, keep fighting on Archer :+1:

x
J the young dragon slayer is:
HepC 1a since birth
Male aged 15
VL 2000000
Started Twinvir/ 10-11-15-then Sof/led.
NO sides so far !
after one week VL : 37
after 4 wks VL : UND !
EOT 2/2/16 UND.!
4 wks. post tx results....pending....
7/3/16 VL result : 4 week post tx: SVR !
12 weeks SVR !
24 wks SVR yeeaa!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Why am I afraid to take the medications? 7 years 5 months ago #22724

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594

James-Freeman-facebook wrote: I received this message:

Hello James, I have received my medications but why am i afraid to start them?

I'm posting this because it is actually quite common.

I had one patient's family ring me. He was in hospital having had ascites drained. They had the medications to hand but had been delaying giving them. I insisted they go to the hospital and give them. The patient in question, some 2 weeks ago had a MELD score indicating a 20% 3 month mortality. Things have got better and this risk is now reduced to 6%. Still not great but much better.

For this patient the future looked like a game of Russian roulette with 5 bullets and 1 empty chamber. On treatment it looks like 1 bullet and 5 empty chambers.

I know which game I would prefer.

Fear of the unknown is an instinctive response designed to keep us safe. This website exists in part to help reduce that fear that bad things will happen taking generics. We don't censor anything other than spam, so what you're reading is everything everyone is saying.

These medications do have risks with an approximate 1:5000 death rate on treatment, and a 1:100 rate of significant side effects.

The off treatment death rate is 1:10 and the chronic HCV effects are well known and impact > 1:2 - fatigue, brain fog, depression, loss of hope, fear of infecting others....

I know which set of odds I would prefer.

There is a phenomenon called Stockholm Syndrome where hostages start to feel empathy for their captors. Like it or not HCV has become part of your identity and for some people there will curiously be a sense of loss when they get cured.

The treatment experience is usually nothing short of miraculous with 3 days of feeling slightly under the weather (like a hangover or the beginning of influenza) and then within a week feeling better than in 20 years.

These medicines are possibly the best development since penicillin where people who were going to die miraculously got better.

If you have your medications but are afraid to start consider this. Brave you of several weeks ago decided to take a leap of faith. Scared you today is second guessing brave you.

Listen to brave you. He or she knew best.

Get a glass of water, open the bottles, and take the medicine.

The only thing standing between you and a better life is fear.

Don't let it.

I missed to read this thread before starting my treatment :silly:. It does answer to so many questions I had at that time.
The only thing I can say now is: "Better later than never" :whistle:
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Gaj, fitz, Rikke
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC