Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

purcase of medication 7 years 7 months ago #20538

Good Afternoon Everyone, finished 12 week course of Harvoni for Geno 1a. Unfortunately the treatment was unsuccessful. What medication is recommended now? Possibly a 24 week course with ribavirin ? I'm keen to kick this, please advise. My new email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Kind regards Paul Bailey.
Paul Bailey
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, pat1, mgalbrai, Gaj, Meg, fitz, Sven

purcase of medication 7 years 7 months ago #20539

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear that. Sadly 95% is not 100% branded or generic.

It's not as simple as "just take this for that many weeks". It really is some thing to discuss with someone expert at length with past treatments and response, fibrosis, other medications, as well as your budget to consider. There is quite a lot of information on the forum about retreatment so rather than repeat it here please type "retreatment" and "relapse" into the search box to find the relevant stuff. Here are a couple of good threads to get started...

fixhepc.com/forum/retreatment-corner.html
fixhepc.com/forum/fixhepc-admin/1047-opt...for-retreatment.html
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, mgalbrai, Gaj, Meg, fitz, Sven

purcase of medication 7 years 7 months ago #20571

• fretboard
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Defender-Against Big Pharma!
  • Thank you received: 340
Hey Paul,
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about you relapsing, there are others here facing the same situation! The good news is, there are new drugs in the pipeline, just a matter on how quick they're approved. Read around, I'm sure you'll find something of interest. See link.

hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2016/04/...velpatasvir-and.html
G1a dx'd in 1992, Biopsy F2 VL 8mill +. Tried tx with Interferon/Riba, back in 2008 didn't last long it felt horribly ugly!! I stopped tx, after 5 weeks!!
Started tx 6/1/16 with Harvoni.
12 Month Labs= UND
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, pat1, mgalbrai, fitz, Sven

purcase of medication 7 years 7 months ago #20585

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Paul,

I am G1a and also relapsed after 24 weeks of treatment. I know how disappointing it is but it seems we are lucky that there are viable options both currently and on their way. I have an appointment with Dr Freeman at GP2U next week to discuss the best approach for me and in the meantime I'm trying to read as much as possible about retreatment. This is tough so we need an expert in our corner.

Wishing you well Paul - we will beat this.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Gaj, fitz, Sven
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC